Dec 26, 2010, 02:15 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

gear box for 10 mm motor

the motors used on planes of the 4site class are 8.5mm diameter and these planes come with a gearbox (gb). there is also a geared brushless version (GPS C03), whose gb is made by AEO.
recently hobby king released another motor in 10mm dia. (p/n C 1015-11500) that first was shown with a gb, but we learned that they (hk) really provide it without the gb, and they do not sell the gb, neither provide leads as to where to get it. but most likely is made by AEO, too.
the only chance we have to get that gb is finding a supplier, or reaching the manufacturer.

does anybody here knows if there is a place where we can get it?

or the full e mail address of AEO, so we can contact them?

the most interesting feature of this motor is that it is brushless instead, which means way longer life.
also, it has ball bearings, and weighs about the same of the 8.5's.
Last edited by phil alvirez; May 07, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.aeorc.com/english/
Dec 26, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thread OP

that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
thank you very much. that's what i needed to reach them.
they don't show what i wanted, so i have to find another supplier. but at least now i know that they don't have what i was looking for.
Dec 27, 2010, 01:34 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez
thank you very much. that's what i needed to reach them.
they don't show what i wanted, so i have to find another supplier. but at least now i know that they don't have what i was looking for.
what? Oh, yea I did not see it there. The mysterious 10mm Gearbox.
Dec 27, 2010, 05:26 AM
Thread OP

gb for 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
what? Oh, yea I did not see it there. The mysterious 10mm Gearbox.
the best kept secret of hobby king.
will they ever tell us?
Dec 28, 2010, 12:29 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Curious now to discover how much more thrust a 10mm motor would produce vs. the UMP51 motor OR the recent discovery of the Nine Eagles Solo Pro motor outfitted with a 9 tooth pinion.
Dec 28, 2010, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Curious now to discover how much more thrust a 10mm motor would produce vs. the UMP51 motor OR the recent discovery of the Nine Eagles Solo Pro motor outfitted with a 9 tooth pinion.
Well, I care not about the nine eagles motor if its brushed but the pinion may be useful on a BL motor

I'm going to mod a PZ gearbox to fit the 1015 10mm inrunner and then we will know.
Dec 28, 2010, 09:15 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
fantastic

Looking forward to results.

Is the weight of these 10 mm significant over 8.5 mm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
Well, I care not about the nine eagles motor if its brushed but the pinion may be useful on a BL motor

I'm going to mod a PZ gearbox to fit the 1015 10mm inrunner and then we will know.
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Dec 28, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Dec 28, 2010, 09:40 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
anyone have a link of the motor in question?

This one perhaps?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9824

which is brushless.

When I first read this thread I thought it was supposed to be brushed.

my bad
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Dec 28, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Dec 28, 2010, 09:44 AM
One of the usual suspects
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9824
Dec 28, 2010, 10:30 AM
Thread OP

you'r on

Quote:
anyone have a link of the motor in question?

This one perhaps?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9824

which is brushless.

When I first read this thread I thought it was supposed to be brushed.

my bad
this is it.
the idea is to use it with the 6400 brick on planes like the suk, altough you have to add an esc in between the motor and the brick, but using the cirrus-with wires adapted as per mod's thread-it adds only 1 gram. i am using the cirrus and it works great, as long as you don't let the motor run until it hits lvc, that is too low.
i hope all of this does not make your head spin.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Dec 28, 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Dec 28, 2010, 10:33 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
thanks
Dec 28, 2010, 10:44 AM
Thread OP

weight of 1015

Quote:
fantastic

Looking forward to results.

Is the weight of these 10 mm significant over 8.5 mm?
from the specs, weight of this 10mm and the 8.5's used on the suk class motors is about the same.
i can tell you that the weight of these 8.5 is 5.3 grams, as i have some and have weighed them, but i still don't have a 1015, so you have to rely on somebody else to get the confirmed weight of the 1015, as sometimes data from suppliers is on the optimistic side, if you know what i mean.
>>>>update: it is 5.1grams-i have 1.<<<<
now, the reason why we are dealing with this 1015 is because modfly brought it to our attention, and seemed a promising alternative. then, when we ordered some, we learned that hobby king was not supplying it with the gear box (gb) shown on the photos, and when we asked hk what was going on, they quickly replaced the photo with the 1 that we see now-with no gb, but never told us where to get it. the gb that they were showing seemed a very good 1, with the previous problems on the GPS C03 solved, that's why we are trying to find it.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Feb 01, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
Dec 28, 2010, 12:12 PM
If you can tell me what gear ratio and output shaft diameter you want I can make gearboxes for the 10mm motors. They will have ball bearings for the output shaft.
Dec 28, 2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
If you can tell me what gear ratio and output shaft diameter you want I can make gearboxes for the 10mm motors. They will have ball bearings for the output shaft.
epilot, we don't know exactly what the ratio is yet but I'm gonna say its the same as the UM Sukhoi, Mustang, 4site and will be a BL equivalent to these planes brushed GB system. I don't have the motor yet so I don't even know if the stock pinion from the UM planes will fit the OP shaft or not. I'm thinking it will as its 1mm. I have already mounted these pinions on other motors including the HK 2g BL motor which has a 1mm OP shaft. I'm sure your familiar with Vlad's work on the gearboxes but as far as I know he will not make them for anybody but does supply a parts list but I don't see anyone building them yet. Our goal is to find a BL equivalent GB system for the PZ UM planes that anyone can install on their own. I must admit that building a BL-GB is harder than I thought and I guess thats true for a lot of people so we want to just buy a kit or something and not build it ourselves. We saw HK had what looked like the answer and they yanked it and only supplied the motor. The goal is to make a light and powerful 1 cell BL-GB with a 1.5mm output shaft that will take stock props from the PZ UM planes.

Myself and others feel that the Tech for UM-BL-GB is lagging and we want a solution!

After researching data it looks like a High KV motor is needed for a 1 cell BL-GB and that is why we are thinking the 1015 inrunner may be a good choice but we are not married to it. If there is something better we can use that.
Last edited by modfly; Dec 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply