Mar 03, 2011, 05:27 AM
flightline mike
Paul, I fly at Diamond Lake, but i'll cruise over Model Masters, thanks.

Bubski, Ditto, I try to yell out OH SH** before it hits the ground, lol lol. Have a good day guys.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgonz
I got my RTF for $209. at Hobby Town. I walked into the store and the guy said this is the one to get.
at what hobby town did you get your Hausler 450v2 cause i don't see it online?
Mar 06, 2011, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
bubski, if you live in norwalk, your best bet is to buy direct from cermark. walk in and have alex set it up for you.

Paul
Mar 06, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hey, I think he will have a long walk!!! He is in Norwalk "CT" not "CA" but very funny
But really why not just order direct from cermark? I however can walk in as I live in downey CA, but if I lived further I would Just place an order. maybe even cheaper????
Jcopter
Mar 07, 2011, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
oops. yeah, that would be some walk!!

PK
Mar 07, 2011, 06:20 PM
lol....

Which hobby shop do you like to give your businesses to? I think these some of the local hobby stores, Al's Hobbies, Heritage Hobbies, Ann's Hobby Center, HobbyTownUSA in Fairfield, HobbyTown in Stamford.

Let us know.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Mar 10, 2011, 02:34 PM
flightline mike
I just bought the Hughes 500e body for my hausler 450. Ill put a picture here when i get it done, if i can figure out how. How's it going Steven Chow. Say hi to Regina. Hope you guys are doing well. Hi Paul and Bubski. Bye for now, my packs are charged. P.S. I lived in Lakewood. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. When i see Lakewood i aotomatically think of Lokewood Ca., not Lakewood Colorado or Lakewood Washington. When i hear Norwalk, i think of Norwalk Ca, not Norwalk Ct, althought, now i do because i know one person who lives there, BUBSKI, LOL. Have a good day guys and gals.
Last edited by FLIGHTLINE MIKE; Mar 10, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: add
Mar 10, 2011, 03:39 PM
Thats so funny!!!
You will like scale copters!!!!
Jcopter
Mar 10, 2011, 09:33 PM
*** UPDATE ***

We got finished testing and approving an all metal gear servo that is just as fast as the orginal servos, but will not strip! Let me know if you guys are interested, it is a small batch. The part # will be ZD-S009M. It will sell for $9.99 a piece. Let me know which shop if you need to pick them up at your local shops.

There are a few of you guys pushing really hard at us in making the metal gear servos available for the general public, because of the abuse these servos take during mishaps. So this is the result. So pat yourselves on the back.

I can try to ask my team to set up a special discount code to waive S&H til the end of this month (Mar). Tell our team about this post and the code "RCGROUPS-456" Please don't ask for FREE REPLACEMENT. I promise you that will not happen. However these are very good servos. They really stood up as CCPM servos (even under severe stress).

No, we are not certain if we can make these standard in the future kits, because they increase the cost of the kits DRAMATICALLY!!!! Some of you will try... then the question will be how much more are you willing to absorbe as consumers. Gas is already at $4 a gallon!!! However, our 450 can probably help you stick around the house or the local a little more... not that we are avocating flying out of designated areas.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Mar 11, 2011, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Chao
lol....

Which hobby shop do you like to give your businesses to? I think these some of the local hobby stores, Al's Hobbies, Heritage Hobbies, Ann's Hobby Center, HobbyTownUSA in Fairfield, HobbyTown in Stamford.

Let us know.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steve your good! I had jerry @ Al's hobby promise that he's ordered mine. I'm hoping it will be there next week. getting very fustrated with the BSR. probably will be getting a kit or two to learn to build myself and the other to add everything i need to bind to a dx6i. I choose him for two reasons 1) right down the street from me 5min. ride and he is a real nice guy will help anyway he can. sorry for taking so long to reply and thank you for all the choices!
Mar 11, 2011, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTLINE MIKE
I just bought the Hughes 500e body for my hausler 450. Ill put a picture here when i get it done, if i can figure out how. How's it going Steven Chow. Say hi to Regina. Hope you guys are doing well. Hi Paul and Bubski. Bye for now, my packs are charged. P.S. I lived in Lakewood. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. When i see Lakewood i aotomatically think of Lokewood Ca., not Lakewood Colorado or Lakewood Washington. When i hear Norwalk, i think of Norwalk Ca, not Norwalk Ct, althought, now i do because i know one person who lives there, BUBSKI, LOL. Have a good day guys and gals.
It's alright I been out that way too. I used to drive tractor trailers when the law wasnt so hard on us I would leave NYC friday night 10 pm and be in englewood or harvey monday am! but that was 30 yrs. ago. I was young and dumb then you couldn't/wouldn't pay me enough to do that now! I wish I was out that way I probably could get more flight time other than the sim (not that the sim is a bad thing, just not the real thing) I must say steve is on the ball with customer relations. we might see him crusin a Rv selling them out of his trunk!!! LOL but as the late great John Candy said in brewsters millions "If you don't make any calls, you won't make any sales" LOL have a great "flight mike"
Mar 11, 2011, 02:39 AM
flightline mike
I'm sure how to word this, but here goes. Plastic vs Metal gear servos. Up until this point in time i have used plastic Spektrum ds75 servos. When i startedflying, i crashed a lot. It was cheap to replace the gears, i became good at it. However, now that i fly and don't crash very much, i noticed that the plastic gears wear and develop a lot of slop, backlash. This causes you to pay a lot of attention to the controls of the heli to keep it under contol. I've talked to a couple of pro's, and they all say the same thing, metal gear servos work best. I had aa lot of play in 2 new servols i put in. I put align metal servos in my bird, a 450. What a difference, BIGTIME. I will only use metal gears from now on. As i grow, flying heli's, learn like everybody else, lesson, after lesson, after lesson. The difference is night and day. If you fly alot, get metar gear servos, Your bird will hover and fly much smoother. The reason i did not remove my previous reply is because when your first learning, learning all about servos and how they work is good.. but the next is metal, and no looking back. It cost me $100 for 3 servos, however it has been some of the best money i've spent on my birds. Maybe plastic in the beginning, then metal for when you keep it in the air more than it is on the bench being repaired. Keep those birds in the air, Flightline Mike :]
Mar 11, 2011, 02:51 AM
flightline mike
Jcopter, yes i do, i wish it was a real one. I've tried painted canopy'sand they just don't do anything for me, lol. I want to get a scale cobra that fires missles, yea, missles, lol. Hi Bubski, i sure do miss John Candy and Sam Kinnesen. Have a good day. :}
Mar 18, 2011, 05:07 PM
flightline mike
I installed the Hughes 500e body on my Huasler 450 se v2, WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! It changes everything about flying Heli's. I must fly 9 packs a day. I recommend it highly. It is now my prized possession. I will try to get a picture on here soon. I get as much pleasure looking at it as flying it. It flies a little more stable to. Note: my wife is #1, my Hughes is #1.111, LOL. Bye for nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Mar 18, 2011, 08:22 PM
Hey Mike - Do they still have the glider port in Hemet. I used to rent a sailplane whenever I was out that way on business. Lots of room to fly.

I ordered a Hausler 450 SE. I hope it is a good way to learn CP. I didn't want to spend big bucks on a CP Heli in case of a newbie crash. The price seems right on this one. I've been flying a Blade 120 SR. Wish me luck.

George

Quick Reply