Oct 01, 2018, 12:02 PM

SeaWind Readysets & parts

Latest update - Readysets are due mid October, Parts, mid November.
Watch the Kyosho web site!
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2018, 12:19 PM

2018 SeaWind NCR

Skippers,
Another excellent NCR is in the books. Sacramento and Elk Grove MYC's put on a fantastic event which was enjoyed by all. 15 Races using Odd/Even Scoring.
Congratulations to Gary Boell, Richmond, CA , 2018 SeaWind Class Champion who held off 2017 Champion, Allan Vinson, Phoenix, AZ by a mere 2 points with newcomer and rising star, Allen Lehman, Payson, AZ in 3 rd place just 3 points behind Allan.
A fun weekend!
Mike
Dec 28, 2018, 08:10 PM
If it floats....sail it!

SeaWind Sails Arrived at Koysho America

I have been on the waiting list for SeaWind sails at Koysho America for it seems like forever. And yes I can and have purchased class legal sails from Tippecanoe Boats (http://www.tippecanoeboats.com/kyosh...sailboat-sails) and while you can choose the color of the corner patches, the fabric is a bit heavier and more difficult to read in very light winds like we have in my local venues.

Well, this morning I received an email from Koysho America saying the sails were back in stock. I quickly ordered a set but waited until now to see if they actually took my order and shipped. I just received a tracking number so it looks like they are real and not some computer glitch.

If you go to the Koysho America website, and can't find them, it is because the sails, part SW9C, are listed in several places but ONLY ONE place shows they are in stock and available to order. That place is http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Sail-se...t_p_24545.html I have no idea why they cannot clean up their website, but if you want/need a set of sails I would order quickly since there is on telling how many were in the container.

BTW, I still think that $79.99 for a set of light fabric single panel offshore made sails without customization is price gouging (particularly since they are also listed in other sections of the website for $54.99) but unless we change the rules so you can make your own, like the DF65 class, we are stick with Koysho.
Dec 29, 2018, 03:57 PM
Prefers a wet bottom
Remember, Trump says we have to pay for that wall now, since Mexico won't pay for it....
Dec 30, 2018, 01:47 AM
Kimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster34
Remember, Trump says we have to pay for that wall now, since Mexico won't pay for it....
Just wondering what this has to do with the Seawind.
Dec 30, 2018, 10:12 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster34
Take your hurt to another site.
Jan 16, 2019, 10:58 AM
Foamcrusher,
You are correct in that Parts shipments have allowed limited stock at KyoshoAmerica and more are expected in subsequent shipments. Readysets were also shipped but immediately shipped out to back orders, mainly to Distributors who also had their own back order lists so are still hard to find. More shipments are coming in LateJan and February so the supply situation should be eased very soon.
BTWthe low price you mention for sail sets was for the flat folded sets which have been discontinued. They were much cheaper to ship as they took up less room but the creases were very hard to remove. I have requested Kyosho to clean up the web site and remove discontinued part sets but nothing happens.
Mike
Jan 16, 2019, 12:53 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Sorry, Mike, but I don’t agree that it costs $25 more to ship a set of rolled sails than it does to ship them flat, particularly when they are in a 40 ft shipping container.

A few dollars, yes, but not 50% more. This is pure and simple price gouging.
Jan 16, 2019, 01:53 PM
Boomer1
Gents,
Can't say if the price increase from the original OEM sails is due to shipping costs, but I can say that the wriggles are a bear to get rid of! The last time I chatted with Kyosho my contact shared his frustration with Kyosho Japan's lack of interest in their sailboat products. Getting boats or parts takes an act of God to get any stock!
We know the reality is that we don't represent a significant market share to them or to most that have stepped into the RC sailboat segment. Dragon Force seems to be winning the market share from everything I've seen over the last few years. Those making boats for Hobby King seem to have survived.
I am very glad I was able to secure my last Seawind kit some years back. I have a few extra parts on hand should the need arrive, so I \'m good for now.
I have a couple sets of sails so I'm OK on that front too.
I have a very nice Fairwind lll I'm holding on to it thinking it may be come a collector's item some day. Kyosho had a long run with the Fairwinds. I am very surprised they are still offering the Seawinds in any configuration. Hope they continue!

Boomer
Feb 28, 2019, 10:18 AM
Good news, SeaWind skippers! The SeaWind Readyset and parts pipeline is almost completely refilled. ABS Readysets and most part sets except, surprisingly, Plastic Parts B & D are now in stock on Kyosho America's web site.
Good sailing!
Mike
Feb 28, 2019, 05:45 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Yea!
New steering wheels!

BP
Mar 01, 2019, 10:20 AM
Boomer1

Seawind helms

Active has them at a better price!

http://www.activepowersports.com/kyo...9-gAuFE_yd88sn

Try putting in. sw8b in the search window at the Kyosho website.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/search....y=0&catid=1223
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 01, 2019 at 10:30 AM.
Mar 01, 2019, 10:45 AM
Thank!!
Mar 01, 2019, 11:36 AM
Boomer1
Welcome

Quick Reply