kyosho seawind - Page 46 - RC Groups
Oct 06, 2017, 07:03 PM
Kevin Gault
Just to clarify. The MR200 and MR3000 receivers will bind to a "Stick" type Spektrum transmitter. Both of those are now discontinued. There is a new MR4000 receiver that I'm told WILL NOT bind to an aircraft "stick" transmitter.

I agree with Foam Crusher though, I've had great luck with the LemonRx receivers so far.

And there were two different DX6i transmitters, early ones used the DSM and DSM2 protocols. Later ones like mine, used the DSM2 and DSMX protocols.

Here's a link to the early DX6i https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdId=SPM6600

..and the later DX6i https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdId=SPM6630

Kevin
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2017, 08:44 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Thanks for the clarification, Kevin.

I have been so pleased with the Lemon-Rx equipment that I don't pay any attention to the Spektrum Rxs anymore 😁

One of these days when my now 12 year old hacked to 2.4 GHz Multiplex Evo 9's die, I may have to start paying attention again, but until then, I drive what works for me.
Oct 06, 2017, 10:51 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Taylor
I have a 6 year old Spektrum DX6i . I recently bought a Spektrum SR 200 receiver and found out that SR receivers are strictly for surface operation (cars and trucks)and work with surface transmitters only. Anyway it wont bind to the DX6i. My question is what Spectrum receiver do most of you use for your Seawind.
Most Seawinds leak a bit. Mine is an older boat & it gets a couple of tablespoonfuls even on a calm day, If yours is an older boat, try some grease in the keel socket, & be sure to keep the rudder post greased.

Use Corrosion-X to drench the rx and all other electrical items, like the servo plugs & battery connector. The press & sea plastic wrap at the grocer is another option.

BP
Oct 08, 2017, 01:45 PM
Thanks everybody for all of your help. Ive decided to try an Orange Rx r615 receiver for about $12. Its DSMX compatable and gets great reviews. (If reviews are at all reliable)
As far as leaking goes I built a sliding hatch that really kept things dry while sailing yesterday. I am going to get some Corrosion-X for my connections ASAP.
A couple of pics of my hatch.
Oct 08, 2017, 02:24 PM
СООl!!!!!
Oct 11, 2017, 10:12 PM
That looks very thick. Isn't it heavy? The Readyset is already about 14 oz. overweight.
Alan
Oct 12, 2017, 12:47 AM
Its actually 3/8 thick but the outside strips are only a 1/2 wide. And the middle strip is only 1/4 , wide. So its pretty light. I modified a design I saw on the AMYAs Seawind Express volume 7 pg 7. It ended up working really well. Maybe I should draw up the templates.
Oct 12, 2017, 01:03 AM
How do you delete a post?
Last edited by Steve Taylor; Oct 12, 2017 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Already posted
Oct 12, 2017, 01:52 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
You don't in the public forums. Just erase the duplicated text, or overwrite like you did.
Oct 12, 2017, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Most Seawinds leak a bit. Mine is an older boat & it gets a couple of tablespoonfuls even on a calm day, If yours is an older boat, try some grease in the keel socket, & be sure to keep the rudder post greased.

Use Corrosion-X to drench the rx and all other electrical items, like the servo plugs & battery connector. The press & sea plastic wrap at the grocer is another option.

BP
I use lithium grease on keel and rudder post, and Ive modified the hull cover and I get Zero water inside regardless of weather. I think all three of those things are required...along with making sure to inser the drain plug while sailing!
Oct 13, 2017, 08:15 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacobipeavl
I use lithium grease on keel and rudder post, and I’ve modified the hull cover and I get Zero water inside regardless of weather. I think all three of those things are required...along with making sure to inser the drain plug while sailing!
+1 To all of the above,!!! Great minds think alike as I also use white lithium grease on MY boat,!!! MY boats leak probs generally stem from the POOR engineering by KYOSHO's weak keel pocket/ hull area reinforcement,(LACK there OF,!) EVEN after this many years in PRODUCTION with the SAME problems over MANY a club's members as well the individual buyers complaints of SAME,!!! Guess KYOSHO WANTS us to become JOYSWAY DRAGON FLITE 95 fleets in the future(or something else) supposed to be ARTS/R without having to modify /upgrade it out of the BOX,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Oct 13, 2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added text
Oct 15, 2017, 11:01 AM
Unfortunately before Joysway came around, most (save maybe Graupner to an extent) manufacturers of mass-produced boats were completely satisfied with expecting skippers to work around the inherent flaws of their boats. Basically they put out a product and that was that--if you didn't like it, you had to fix it on your own. Kyosho--as good as they have been in many ways, fall into that category. The design of the Seawind dates back to the 1990's (I think I even know of someone who owns an original Seawind from the early 1990's believe it or not) and except for the ReadySet version and a couple of very minor tweaks there have been no updates to the boat since those days.

The good news is, it was a decent design (flawed, yes, but not bad) and didn't need a ton of updates, but those of us who sail these boats know there are several things that we would love to see changed. If you think about it, compared to virtually any mass produced boat of that time period, the Seawind was FAR superior in quality, and is still decent today. However, Joysway they are not, and I doubt we'll ever see any major changes to the Seawind so we'll all have to just continue to make the class legal modifications we always have and try to just enjoy sailing these beautiful boats! I am just hoping Kyosho finds it necessary/profitable to continue producing boats and parts well into the future so that the fleet can continue to grow.

Andy
Oct 15, 2017, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsailor
.................................................. .....I think I even know of someone who owns an original Seawind from the early 1990's believe it or not............................................... ........

Andy
Well, I don't believe we know each other but, I have an original Seawind. Original sail set too.
Oct 15, 2017, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
Well, I don't believe we know each other but, I have an original Seawind. Original sail set too.
No, we've never met. Maybe one day though... The guy who I know that has one of the 'vintage' boats raced at the regional regatta we hosted last month. He's from Western Colorado and he said his boat dates back to 1990. The boat still looks great (they all can if well maintained) and sailed fine despite him having some electronics issues not related to the age of the boat.

I've sailed a lot of other types of boats--some kit based, some bigger, some smaller and have enjoyed them all. I'm not knocking any other class--they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but the Seawind has been a great boat for our club the past 13 seasons and I don't regret for a second having introduced it as our primary fleet.

Andy
Yesterday, 04:08 PM

Batons

Looking for sail batons for my sea wind thanks Larry