Thread Tools
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
jetinteriorguy is offline
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Guys for those who have known me for a few years whether from just the threads or from fly ins,I've been fighting an injury and a system for a while now for medical treatment. Well, after all this time surgery was ordered and approved and I will go under the knife this coming tuesday.For those of you that pray I sure would appreciate if you would remember me in your prayers. I will be down for a while I believe after this.But hopefully it will be worth it after i heal from it.
Thanks:Matt
This is a copy of the one I put in the 3dhs threads. These are the two main thread I hang at.
HHAEFI is gonna be tough to miss,hopefully I can be mobile enough for a visit but who knows.I just got the approval and surgery date today.Went faster than I thought it would.
Your definitely in my prayers, good luck. I'm sure you'll be eating pie in no time.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
shadow102 is offline
Find More Posts by shadow102
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
looks like a full power horizontal KE spin/Lomcevak
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
My family has been blessed to not have any car payments for 5 years, thanks to buying a honda and a toyota...but we just spent several months' RC budget on a down payment for my wife's new minivan, which she deserves. It's a Honda; engine an transmission both made in the U.S., and assembled in U.S. of 70% U.S./Canadian parts. Whenever possible, I prefer to spend money on good value propositions especially if it is made in the U.S.

Anyway, I am going to have to work to save up for that new 91" Extra I was so seriously thinking about getting...I'll see how it goes this winter. Might have to stick with the electrics for another year. It's not as though I don't have room to grow, and the 60" and 48" planes do fly nice, and my son doesn't seem handicapped by even the 48" plane he flies.

MNy wife has been so gracious in allowing my son and I to pursue this expensive hobby, she deserved to have a new mini van with good tires, better safety features, and air conditioning.

I often thought about pursuing some cottage RC business...but, to be honest, this business seems so brutal. Tip of the hat to Chris for sticking it out in the face of cut throat competition, import hassles, and the bad side of the forums, etc.

Here's hoping EF stays in business long enough for me to get a 91" Extra EXP...and beyond.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
hercdriver7777 is offline
Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Hey guys! We've had a lot of questions about the E-Outlaw we have been flying at the last few events. Here's some info - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post22736017
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:44 PM
stgdz is offline
Find More Posts by stgdz
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
Mxs problem, it drops a wing


Parachute 3/4 speed-1/2 speed no wing drop
Bottom of loop it drops its right wing and does this with other stuff also. Doesn't matter with speed on the loop either. Scared the hell out me tonight when it came rite at me.


I will upload my video later tonight but thus is one model that the motor box got tweaked but I got it flying straight now other than it pulls left on an up line.
Last edited by stgdz; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
My family has been blessed to not have any car payments for 5 years, thanks to buying a honda and a toyota...but we just spent several months' RC budget on a down payment for my wife's new minivan, which she deserves. It's a Honda; engine an transmission both made in the U.S., and assembled in U.S. of 70% U.S./Canadian parts. Whenever possible, I prefer to spend money on good value propositions especially if it is made in the U.S.

Anyway, I am going to have to work to save up for that new 91" Extra I was so seriously thinking about getting...I'll see how it goes this winter. Might have to stick with the electrics for another year. It's not as though I don't have room to grow, and the 60" and 48" planes do fly nice, and my son doesn't seem handicapped by even the 48" plane he flies.

MNy wife has been so gracious in allowing my son and I to pursue this expensive hobby, she deserved to have a new mini van with good tires, better safety features, and air conditioning.

I often thought about pursuing some cottage RC business...but, to be honest, this business seems so brutal. Tip of the hat to Chris for sticking it out in the face of cut throat competition, import hassles, and the bad side of the forums, etc.

Here's hoping EF stays in business long enough for me to get a 91" Extra EXP...and beyond.
Kudos to you for taking good care of your wife. It's easy to get wrapped up in our own little world and occasionally overlook those who are closest to us. I have to remind myself from time to time how fortunate I am to have such a loving, caring wife and make sure I am giving here the attention she deserves and that she is able to enjoy her "toys" (she is a tennis nut!).
Don't sweat the bigger aircraft. The 60" airframes really are amazing and so very capable. They really can help you to take your flying to the next level and won't break the bank if (when) you screw up. I have every size aircraft from the 48" EXPs through 40%, and I consistently fly the 60" planes more than any others. To me they offer the most bang for the buck. I have heard this from both Daniel Holman and Chris Jewett, they both say the 60" planes are their favorite.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
NeverEnough is offline
Find More Posts by NeverEnough
Registered User
NeverEnough's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Hey guys! We've had a lot of questions about the E-Outlaw we have been flying at the last few events. Here's some info - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post22736017

Very Tempting...... That would be a lotta fun!!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:29 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Your definitely in my prayers, good luck. I'm sure you'll be eating pie in no time.
buwahahaha! I just spit my tea out!!
Thanks buddy..
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
MLT67 is offline
Find More Posts by MLT67
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
The 60" airframes really are amazing and so very capable. They really can help you to take your flying to the next level and won't break the bank if (when) you screw up. I have every size aircraft from the 48" EXPs through 40%, and I consistently fly the 60" planes more than any others. To me they offer the most bang for the buck. I have heard this from both Daniel Holman and Chris Jewett, they both say the 60" planes are their favorite.
This is so true. I've only been flying my 88" Edge the past three months and neglecting my 60" airframes. While I love my big Edge, I found my flying skills "slipping" mainly due to what I call "the pucker factor". I don't push myself as far with the big gasser as I do with the 60" airframes.

So I got my 60" edge out and got some much needed stick time and realized how much I've missed it. Now I'm really looking forward to maidening the 64" MXS.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:50 PM
Vapor Trails is offline
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Thanks MLT~ I am hooking up with Chris on Sunday and he is bringing up the 70" Extra for ya Thanks a million for your help and expertise!!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
danielph is offline
Find More Posts by danielph
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
Thank you all for the kind words guys! The glory goes to God for the talent and His blessing on my work. Glad you enjoyed the video!

Lone Wolf, As Chris said, the 60" EXPs are the best bang for you buck and are my favorite all around. When my 104" Extra 300 is put together and at the flying field, it's my favorite airplane. When I'm sitting in my home wanting to fly, the 60" Extra is my favorite airplane. (Well, the 64" MXS is a VERY close second and I've only got 7 flights on it!)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Mxs problem, it drops a wing


Parachute 3/4 speed-1/2 speed no wing drop
Bottom of loop it drops its right wing and does this with other stuff also. Doesn't matter with speed on the loop either. Scared the hell out me tonight when it came rite at me.


I will upload my video later tonight but thus is one model that the motor box got tweaked but I got it flying straight now other than it pulls left on an up line.
usually cause by rudder trim, check that
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
YellowJacketsRC is offline
Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
Yes, my guess is your motor incidence is still off and your rudder trim is causing weird effects....
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
stgdz is offline
Find More Posts by stgdz
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
mxs wing drop (10 min 43 sec)


At 4:20 Just after the pop top into flat spin, at the end of the flat spin is where it put me in its sights with a right wing drop. I landed and noticed that the left aileron was a bit lower so I tried to correct it but it didn't fix it.
Last edited by stgdz; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
YellowJacketsRC is offline
Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
It is hard for me to tell, but that looked to me like your aileron (or Ailerons) moved and caused the bank. Maybe there is something going on with your servos or linkage?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New - Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP!!! hercdriver7777 3D Flying 13012 Today 02:41 AM
Sold Extreme Flight Extra EXP 48 RTF HKC3 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Dec 15, 2010 10:47 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 07:45 AM
Sold Extreme Flight EXP Extra 48inch (Red n Black) HKC3 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 12, 2010 02:43 AM
Sold Extreme Flight Edge 540 EXP Rc_heli_flier Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 01, 2010 12:51 PM