Extreme Flight EXP Owner's Thread - Page 630 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
I found this frame grab interesting.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Aug 05, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2012, 01:20 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
Did you balance that prop?
Jul 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
Looks like the new Pitchfork Xoar.
Jul 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Poseiden called, he wants his prop back...

--Tom K.
Jul 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
Clever captions...

I did balance the prop. I used double sided extreme outdoor sticky tape near the hub/under the spinner. I thought it was working until I saw this frame.
Jul 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K.
Poseiden called, he wants his prop back...

--Tom K.
Best post from you to date!
Jul 17, 2012, 06:32 PM
They Call him Dead!
That frame seems to be an impossibility! Of course I understand how you would get a distorted prop image due to the speed. What I do not understand is how the side of the prop on the right side of the frame does not show a "trail" like on the left side?
Jul 17, 2012, 06:47 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
Best post from you to date!
Lol, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult .

--Tom K.
Jul 17, 2012, 06:48 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead
That frame seems to be an impossibility! Of course I understand how you would get a distorted prop image due to the speed. What I do not understand is how the side of the prop on the right side of the frame does not show a "trail" like on the left side?
Harmonic airframe vibration at or near some multiple of the capture rate, with a side of interlacing?
Jul 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K.
Lol, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult .

--Tom K.
Compliment... I almost fell off my chair laughing.
Jul 17, 2012, 07:28 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
Compliment... I almost fell off my chair laughing.
Okay, good.

--Tom K.
Jul 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
They Call him Dead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins
Harmonic airframe vibration at or near some multiple of the capture rate, with a side of interlacing?
Oh! Well that explains it
Jul 17, 2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead
I've been curious about this since a while, so I did a little digging around. It appears that it is caused by a combination of artifacts that are related to the "rolling shutter" of CMOS type image sensors. CMOS sensors are different from the traditional CCD sensors which have a "global shutter". A propeller filmed with a CCD sensors would just produce old fashioned smear.

Here is a more detailed article: http://dvxuser.com/jason/CMOS-CCD/

Martin
Jul 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
Angle of the sun relative to the prop - brightest when the sun's reflection is directed at the lens?
Jul 17, 2012, 08:41 PM
They Call him Dead!
Thanks martin