May 21, 2019, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
Sure, same size and setup as the Slick and Edge, Xpwr 30, 12S. Probably end of summer arrival.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Just curious, but why are the canopies on the 4-5" planes tinted and the larger planes aren't?
My guess would be to show off the pilot? Most larger ones seem to have a cockpit and pilot, then the smaller ones use tint because they donít have a cockpit? I could be wrong though
May 21, 2019, 06:23 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan
My guess would be to show off the pilot? Most larger ones seem to have a cockpit and pilot, then the smaller ones use tint because they donít have a cockpit? I could be wrong though
Makes as much sense as anything I can think of.
May 21, 2019, 06:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
You can't see all that glorious black G10 (carbon look) in the small ones so much, and you can in the big ones, so EF wants to show it off??

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 21, 2019, 07:01 PM
Actually we use a different plastic on the larger models that is more resistant to damage from the vibration of gas engines. We've not been able to source it tinted unfortunately.
May 21, 2019, 07:42 PM

CopyKing does it again...

Sheesh!! Could the copy they 3DHS scheme any closer? Check out the Goldwing Extra half way through this video!!

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; May 21, 2019 at 07:56 PM.
May 21, 2019, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Sheesh!! Could the copy they 3DHS scheme any closer? Check out the Goldwing Extra half way through this video!!

SteveT.
The scheme for the 57 & 72 was a real scheme, the scheme they have on it is a real scheme as well and was one of the factory schemes they offered back in 2010ish though 2015ish.

Now what is copied is that fuselage, you can see its a stoops fuselage from a mile away.
May 21, 2019, 08:44 PM
I am not a robot
Chris will there be more than one color for the 70" Extra. Maybe Blue/Orange/White ?
May 21, 2019, 08:48 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Actually we use a different plastic on the larger models that is more resistant to damage from the vibration of gas engines. We've not been able to source it tinted unfortunately.
Well, that makes sense. Being an electric guy I never stopped to consider that.
May 21, 2019, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Well, that makes sense. Being an electric guy I never stopped to consider that.
I used to prefer the tinted canopies but I really am starting to hate how all my electric canopies ship and break with just the lightest bumps and hanger rash.
May 21, 2019, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdreamz
The scheme for the 57 & 72 was a real scheme, the scheme they have on it is a real scheme as well and was one of the factory schemes they offered back in 2010ish though 2015ish.

Now what is copied is that fuselage, you can see its a stoops fuselage from a mile away.
Well.. in my opinion, it is much closer to the 3DHS scheme than the full scale one.

SteveT.
May 21, 2019, 10:34 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
This full scale looks close to the 3DHS versions
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'
May 21, 2019, 11:41 PM
Yes, but it is not the same, and the 'CopyKing' one looks much more like the 3DHS one than the full scale.

SteveT.
May 22, 2019, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdreamz

+1. Looks just like my SHP.
May 22, 2019, 08:21 AM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Quote:
Sure, same size and setup as the Slick and Edge, Xpwr 30, 12S. Probably end of summer arrival.
Question for you. Having just released the 78'' V3 Extra what will be the difference between that and the 70'' extra. Both take roughly the same setup and not far off in size. I saw the 70'' at Nall and it looks nice. I am just finishing my 78'' V3 and curious what the difference between the two are? Basically if I already have a 78'' is it worth it to get the 70'' as well or are the both very similar?

Quick Reply