May 09, 2019, 10:21 AM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbishw92
Just Seen the 50cc Extra on Face book looks
For those of you not on Facebook...
https://youtu.be/6woEGm8pZws?fbclid=...zVbTFkLfbpinfg
May 09, 2019, 12:28 PM
Hmm, it's a real shame that I've got that da-50 that I need to do something with. Course, I'm not looking forward to the shipping costs on this. And not sure I trust the university package handling enough to have one delivered to work.
May 09, 2019, 01:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBarefootBoy
I Hey guys. I got something wired going on.

I was setting going to set up my flaps on the 65” TBM per 3DHS vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mpXNUI...7&index=2&t=0s

(I had them just 1/2 and full before, no spoiler setting...
The RX is 8 ch Spektrum
Flaps on gear & Aux2 (or just as Chris has it - I’m on a plane right now )
DX9

So getting ready to reset the flaps in the radio to Up-spoilers /no flaps / down
When I plug the battery in the rt flap goes hard down and left flap about 1/2 up ????

I even put it on a new model, rebound RX and still the flaps now move to those positions.

What the heck ??

I have nothing set up in the radio for flaps yet and the “monitor” page on TX shows flap, both channels centered.

Crap - I want to take this to Nall.

Cody, Chris, SupaTim, Colton you TBM gurus or anybody else, I need help. (Situation normal I know but help for weird servos at the moment.

Stephen

I know it's probably a silly question, but can you reverse one of the channels?? I have the 84" TBM, which I fly with a JR 11X radio, and I gave the set-up for it to my good flying buddy, who had the same issue as you. It appears the servos/control rods are laid out different, and it has to be changed. I just texted him to find out what he did to fix it for sure, but I think that's all he had to do.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 09, 2019, 02:10 PM
out to have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
For those of you not on Facebook...
https://youtu.be/6woEGm8pZws?fbclid=...zVbTFkLfbpinfg
The more I seen that color scheme the more it grows on me. Hope he will have it at one of the fly-ins this sumer close to us.
May 09, 2019, 06:12 PM
Not to be a party pooper here but the more I see that scheme the less I like it. I can't say what I realy think of that scheme with out being politically incorrect. I realy wish it came in the red white and black from the 104 extra. Or if I could get it in a almost ready to cover version with no paint on the cowl and canopy.
May 09, 2019, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBarefootBoy
I Hey guys. I got something wired going on.

I was setting going to set up my flaps on the 65” TBM per 3DHS vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mpXNUI...7&index=2&t=0s

(I had them just 1/2 and full before, no spoiler setting...
The RX is 8 ch Spektrum
Flaps on gear & Aux2 (or just as Chris has it - I’m on a plane right now )
DX9

So getting ready to reset the flaps in the radio to Up-spoilers /no flaps / down
When I plug the battery in the rt flap goes hard down and left flap about 1/2 up ????

I even put it on a new model, rebound RX and still the flaps now move to those positions.

What the heck ??

I have nothing set up in the radio for flaps yet and the “monitor” page on TX shows flap, both channels centered.

Crap - I want to take this to Nall.

Cody, Chris, SupaTim, Colton you TBM gurus or anybody else, I need help. (Situation normal I know but help for weird servos at the moment.

Stephen
I had the same issue setting up my 84" TBM using a DX9 & a AR9030T

I ended up setting up the flap first & ended up reversing my RFL to get them to both work in the same direction.
Under the flap system menu
Pos 0 -100/0 (spoilers)
Pos 1 0/0 (nothing)
Pos 2 +50/8
switch d

Then to get get full span ailerons setup using Mix 1 AIL-LFL
Rate -70 / -70
Offset 0 trim Inh & on switch e

I have mess any crow yet as I only have 10 flight on my so far, hope this helps.
If not left me know then I'll take a video later tonight of my plane & radio setup
Last edited by Mach3; May 09, 2019 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added more info
May 09, 2019, 08:16 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
Not to be a party pooper here but the more I see that scheme the less I like it. I can't say what I realy think of that scheme with out being politically incorrect. ...
Well I’ll party poop your party pooping by saying I keep liking it.
I got the white one in the 60”, but every time I see a picture of the yellow one it makes me wonder if I made the right choice.
Anyway I agree that red white and black scheme you mentioned is really nice too.
May 09, 2019, 08:26 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
I got the white one in the 60”, but every time I see a picture of the yellow one it makes me wonder if I made the right choice.
There was a white today at the field, and I'm probably going to have to get one of those. I don't think it matters which one you buy. You'll eventually want the other one too!
May 09, 2019, 09:12 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
Well I’ll party poop your party pooping by saying I keep liking it.
Anyway I agree that red white and black scheme you mentioned is really nice too.
I like it also!!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 09, 2019, 09:25 PM
Reminds me of the 70 Extra. Not sure how popular they were compared to the white.
May 09, 2019, 11:32 PM
Team Extreme Flight
I really like my V2, but nothing beats the color scheme on the 52" Extra...................

May 10, 2019, 09:17 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin
Reminds me of the 70 Extra. Not sure how popular they were compared to the white.
I still fly the ole yellow red blue!
those colors get made fun of a lot though
May 10, 2019, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
I still fly the ole yellow red blue!
those colors get made fun of a lot though
Yeah, I have to confess that I've made a few comments to a club member or two that bought that scheme. But many times, it was the only scheme left in stock and it didn't change the fact that it was a great flying plane for it's time.

But considering the social tone these days, I'd probably refrain from commenting out loud now, and just laugh in private with the rest of my FB's that still have a sense of humor.

Sorry.... it's really not that bad and probably shows up really well in the air. God knows we can spot a clown from a mile away. Oops.... did it again. Dang.
May 10, 2019, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I really like my V2, but nothing beats the color scheme on the 52" Extra...................

You sure nothing beats that color scheme, the new Velox scheme is amazing and there is a Blue Velox in a container somewhere with my name on it.

Quick Reply