Extreme Flight EXP Owner's Thread - Page 3805 - RC Groups
Jan 03, 2018, 02:16 PM
Thanks guy. I lost the link for where I used to purchase but a friend send me the link. Trimcraft has some great prices. Appreciate the links though and added them
https://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com/...te=common/home
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 03:53 PM
Owner/Operator at NorthWest RC
Load check to make sure everything is still safe and sound on the way to the AMA show in Ontario, CA. Can't wait to get there and get the booth set up and show the world all the newest, latest, greatest from Extreme Flight and more!!
Name: 20180103_115247.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 68.1 KB
Description:
Jan 03, 2018, 04:01 PM
Packed tight! Were you a snowmobiler in a former life before R/C, Tim? How's the EcoThirst doing with that big enclosed?
Jan 03, 2018, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
Where do you guys buy small bulk of small screws like M2 and lock nuts?
When you say "small bulk" how many are you talking about? I'm just curious because "bulk" can mean a lot of things.

I get mine from www.trimcraftaviationrc.com . The owner, Gino, is really nice to talk with (I've talked to him on the phone a few times and the phone is answered promptly and reliably). His normal prices are generally lower than RTL sale prices and I don't have to wait for a sale or buy in bulk to get a good price. The shipping is so fast and reasonable, it makes it cost effective to order whatever quantity I think I need. His item quantities for screws and nuts are generally 12 or 25 pieces, depending on size, so they are kind of bundled in bulk by default. For example, I recently bought some small metric items...a bag (25 pcs) of M3 X 10mm black oxide screws cost me $1.55! You want lock nuts? M3 lock nuts, $0.45 for 25 pieces! Pretty good deal if you ask me.
Jan 03, 2018, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
When you say "small bulk" how many are you talking about? I'm just curious because "bulk" can mean a lot of things.

I get mine from www.trimcraftaviationrc.com . The owner, Gino, is really nice to talk with (I've talked to him on the phone a few times and the phone is answered promptly and reliably). His normal prices are generally lower than RTL sale prices and I don't have to wait for a sale or buy in bulk to get a good price. The shipping is so fast and reasonable, it makes it cost effective to order whatever quantity I think I need. His item quantities for screws and nuts are generally 12 or 25 pieces, depending on size, so they are kind of bundled in bulk by default. For example, I recently bought some small metric items...a bag (25 pcs) of M3 X 10mm black oxide screws cost me $1.55! You want lock nuts? M3 lock nuts, $0.45 for 25 pieces! Pretty good deal if you ask me.
25-50 is small bulk. Yes I ordered from Trimcraft as they have great deals.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:09 PM
No one has more fun than me
Trimcraft guys he seems to have a lot of sizes, what size shrink tube do you use to fit over a servo connector so you can keep them from separating?
Jan 04, 2018, 05:45 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
Does anyone have any recommended esc timing settings for XPWR35 and Hobbywing FLYFUN 130A HV OPTO V5 ??

(OR where to ask?) thanks

Chris/ben et al, i have emailed EF with the question from 《my rcg username》@hotmail.com
Ok that got nowhere.

Can someone please post a picture of all default settings (EF says to use defaults for XPWR motorts right?) for the castle edge with 4.22 firmware please?
Jan 04, 2018, 06:42 AM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Quote:
Ok that got nowhere.

Can someone please post a picture of all default settings (EF says to use defaults for XPWR motorts right?) for the castle edge with 4.22 firmware please?
Happy New Year George.

If my crappy memory serves me rightly the Xpwr motorhead thread had the settings listed, at least for the Castle esc anyway. Sorry I can't remember which page but there aren't many.
Jan 04, 2018, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SW
Happy New Year George.

If my crappy memory serves me rightly the Xpwr motorhead thread had the settings listed, at least for the Castle esc anyway. Sorry I can't remember which page but there aren't many.
They are also on the power thread five or six times and i just posted them again a few weeks ago. I'll post them again when I get home this afternoon if you haven't found them by then.
Jan 04, 2018, 07:41 AM
From Chris on the Motorhead thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
Jim, we've been running the PWM setting at 12, throttle response Med 5, disabled current limit, motor start power Med 59, Motor Timing Normal 5
Throttle response was at Medium 5, start power was also at Medium by default, and Motor Timing was at Normal 5... so I left them there and everything runs great on the 4.22 firmware.
Jan 04, 2018, 07:49 AM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Hey Jim,

I would have pointed George toward the power thread but a few weeks of posts is like.... loads! Motorhead thread is a bit quieter.
Jan 04, 2018, 08:22 AM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Ok that got nowhere.

Here is what SupaTim is using.
Jan 04, 2018, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SW
Hey Jim,

I would have pointed George toward the power thread but a few weeks of posts is like.... loads! Motorhead thread is a bit quieter.
LOL... George knows the way. Surprised he didn't go there to ask first cause he would not have had to ask twice.

All I did was search for "firmware", and posts about the settings came up two or three times in the first ten results.
Jan 04, 2018, 09:22 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin
LOL... George knows the way. Surprised he didn't go there to ask first cause he would not have had to ask twice.

All I did was search for "firmware", and posts about the settings came up two or three times in the first ten results.
brain fart

yea I know where to search now thanks gents

to be fair I was more interested to know the actual timing phasing on the castle as the hobbywing dataset has the parameters with angle
Jan 04, 2018, 09:23 AM
Owner/Operator at NorthWest RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
Here is what SupaTim is using.
My recipe!!! LOL.

Quick Reply