May 01, 2017, 07:01 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I'm sure they look better than my attempts at it.

And as to the paint. Tamiya used to have one called "Italian red" that matched the red Ultracote used by 3DHS, but now it is called "Italian Micah red" and no longer matches, so, you got pretty close there...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2017, 08:00 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseTheAce
My Saturday demo in Brazil with the Demonstrator!
Awesome flight, and it's pretty obvious everyone there thought so too

Going to take me a couple more days to get through all the cool videoes (both Jase's and the ones ckleanth posted). No shortage of flying videos this week!
May 02, 2017, 12:32 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I'm sure they look better than my attempts at it.

And as to the paint. Tamiya used to have one called "Italian red" that matched the red Ultracote used by 3DHS, but now it is called "Italian Micah red" and no longer matches, so, you got pretty close there...

SteveT.
If its the ferrari red i did find a spray can of that colour search for either oracote or ultracote brand labeled ferrari red
Last edited by ckleanth; May 02, 2017 at 01:34 PM.
May 02, 2017, 12:42 PM
out to have fun
I have used rust-oleum Chinese red #243826 in the past and it matched fairly well on some cowl repairs.
May 02, 2017, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbishw92
I have used rust-oleum Chinese red #243826 in the past and it matched fairly well on some cowl repairs.
Yes you recommended that to me and it does match nicely...........thanks again
May 02, 2017, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
If its the ferrari red i did find a spray can of that colour search for either oracote or ultracote brand labeled ferrari red
I'm pretty sure it was "Italian red", but it's been a while, so, I am not positive..

SteveT.
May 02, 2017, 10:34 PM
I am not a robot

Looking for Thumb Screws

I'm going to try flying with SFGs more often this year on my 60" Edge and Laser. So I'm looking for a good source for the Thumb Screws with the white plastic head that I see on so many of the aircraft.

I think they are the same size as the canopy bolts, but without checking, I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Bert

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post30652313
May 02, 2017, 10:52 PM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
I'm going to try flying with SFGs more often this year on my 60" Edge and Laser. So I'm looking for a good source for the Thumb Screws with the white plastic head that I see on so many of the aircraft.

I think they are the same size as the canopy bolts, but without checking, I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Bert

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post30652313
When you find some, let me know.. I was just searching Banggood etc looking for quantities larger than 4 in a bag, not much luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
May 02, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM
Cleaned up my garage and found my old yellow laser canopy. Only reamaing part since I tried to drill for oil with that airframe. Some painters tape and red spray paint I now have a replacement cowl for my cracked one.

Not the exact color and not the perfect finish they come with...looks good though!
Good enough for Rock & Roll. No one will ever notice unless you point it out.
May 02, 2017, 11:02 PM
FM
FM
No Static
The laser comes with them and they are the same as canopy bolts. Also a rubber grommet is attached. I like them and don't like them.. easy peasy to use but big and so white. I already have my allen key out for the wing bolts so the regular bolts are almost as simple.
May 02, 2017, 11:33 PM
Are the M3 or 4-40? I "think" they are 4-40, and if so, I believe I have a few, but I may also have some M3 ones... Let me know and I'll see what I have... But, what I have would be all nylon, not plastic over metal.

SteveT.
May 03, 2017, 02:42 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I'm pretty sure it was "Italian red", but it's been a while, so, I am not positive..

SteveT.
3DHS
3dhs edge 74"
Red black white color scheme:
Red is Ultracote #HANU 866 true red Oracover 21-023 ferrari red
black is Ultracote #HANU 874 black Oracover 21-071 black
silver is Ultracote #HANU 881 silver Oracover 21-091 silver

paint i used was this one
RC ORACOVER COLOURS FERRARI RED 23 (150ml)
BRAND: ORACOVER
PART NUMBER: 5526040

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/9213...PNIBoC0lrw_wcB
May 03, 2017, 06:23 AM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:

Thanks,

Bert
Here you go:
http://extremeflightrc.com/3mm-Thumb...te_p_1964.html

Or these with the addition of a washer:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
May 03, 2017, 06:36 AM
They Call him Dead!
I use one of these to do all my allen bolts on my planes at the field and in the shop. Super convenient,

https://www.amazon.com/HAMMERHEAD-Re...er+screwdriver

I use this attachment that allows me to install metal wing bolts down in the fuse.

https://www.amazon.com/AxiEr-tool-ho...er+screwdriver
May 03, 2017, 07:14 AM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Quote:

Thanks,

Bert
If you want to zip them on and off fast I don't think you can do any better than a hex socket head screw. One hand twist to get them started in the hole, then spin a hex driver by the shaft to zip them in and gently tighten. I glue the spacers to the inside of the SFG and the little washers to the outside so there's no extra pieces to handle. Taking them off is just as fast. Much faster than one of those big white plastic head things, since you're spinning a thin screwdriver shaft instead of the big white head.

Quick Reply