Mar 29, 2013, 12:06 PM
Yin & Yang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
I had Lasik four years ago and can't be happier. However, my eyes are more sensitive to light now.
I've never had contacts but I have been wearing glasses for a very long time. I never considered contacts a viable option in m,y younger years because I was a carpenter for 23 years then ran work and construction dust was rough enough on my bare eyes. As a project manager I don't have that concern anymore but still haven't considered it. Having to get used to contacts at my age seems like it would be a PITA. Lasik scares the begeezus out of me. Yep I admit it. But I did ask my eye doc about it since I'd heard about light sensitivity issue so since I already have bad light sensitivity my eye doctor said Lasik might not be a good idea for me.

As for glasses. I wore light changing sunglasses when they first came out for many years but in 89' when I took up RC flying I quickly realized they were not very good. I switched to dedicated sunglasses just because of flying and went with polarized lenses. They are very dark yet the sky and my planes are still very bright and easy to see. I have never regretted that decision they are the best damn sunglasses you can buy imo. They make them in non-RX as well so if you have contacts I highly recommend people check them out.

Oh and don't forget to make sure what sunglasses you wear that they have a UV protective coating. UV can be really bad for your eyes and with all the looking into the sky we do it's just not worth the risk going without it.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2013, 12:09 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Thanks Alex.
Mar 29, 2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Having to get used to contacts at my age seems like it would be a PITA. Lasik scares the begeezus out of me. Yep I admit it.
LOL. I'm worried about this, even with glasses, if my next vision test doesn't go as hoped.
Mar 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
Volts>amps
Sometimes I just don't understand ups. The wing bags saved it from the thing that put a hole through both boxes.
Mar 29, 2013, 01:08 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Sometimes I just don't understand ups. The wing bags saved it.
Close call!

Congrats on the getting the MXS though, it rocks! I might just have to go green myself and recover the spare yellow parts i have with green. Or make a green/yellow hybrid
Mar 29, 2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Close call!

Congrats on the getting the MXS though, it rocks! I might just have to go green myself and recover the spare yellow parts i have with green. Or make a green/yellow hybrid
heh... i might be soon getting a pull on one of theese... might sway my decision about my 3rd future EF airframe...
Mar 29, 2013, 01:57 PM
Boooriiiiing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
heh... i might be soon getting a pull on one of theese... might sway my decision about my 3rd future EF airframe...
I've only flown a 64" MXS once, but it shot up to the top of my favorite 3D plane list within the 4 minutes I flew it.
Mar 29, 2013, 02:04 PM
Yin & Yang
Quote:
Honestly rimmarts I really doubt you would have the slightest regret. I absolutely LOVE mine. It's the best airframe I've ever owned. It tracks like it's on rails even in a breeze it is amazingly stable. Vertical line is near perfect. Easy even for me to keep straight. With the exception of my Twisted foamy I struggled with hovering. The MXS changed that for me. It practically holds itself there. I even bought a spare just in case. Chris absolutely out did himself with MXS design. And when the 78" in released in a gas version I will be jumping all over it.
Ok I'm down off the MXS soapbox now
Mar 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
I love the way both of my MXS planes (48" and 64"). But if you're new to 3D flying, it might take awhile to learn to like it. Afterwards, other planes just don't.

The dent in the wing should iron right out.

UPS is awesome most of the time for me. I have more trouble with the USPS, but they are pretty good for small item ups priority.
Mar 29, 2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Honestly rimmarts I really doubt you would have the slightest regret. I absolutely LOVE mine. It's the best airframe I've ever owned. It tracks like it's on rails even in a breeze it is amazingly stable. Vertical line is near perfect. Easy even for me to keep straight. With the exception of my Twisted foamy I struggled with hovering. The MXS changed that for me. It practically holds itself there. I even bought a spare just in case. Chris absolutely out did himself with MXS design. And when the 78" in released in a gas version I will be jumping all over it.
Ok I'm down off the MXS soapbox now
well... as much as i love(ed) my edge and like my laser, i couldnt get close with 48" msx... so im not sure...at least this way my wallet wont take hit if i dont like it! but we will see... so far in my to do list is to get back to life my edge and wait for laser... if he would come out with 70-78 edge, i would be all over it! 88 is too heavy for me... in my club i need under 7kg and under 82 db planes
Mar 29, 2013, 02:33 PM
About to pull the trigger on one of these, but the power combo is out of stock. Are most people running torque motor?
Mar 29, 2013, 02:37 PM
torque, motrolfly... both are awesome...
Mar 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
nsg
nsg
Both are excellent motors. Moneywise, the EF power combo is a better deal.
Mar 29, 2013, 02:45 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
Quote:
well... as much as i love(ed) my edge and like my laser, i couldnt get close with 48" msx... so im not sure...at least this way my wallet wont take hit if i dont like it! but we will see... so far in my to do list is to get back to life my edge and wait for laser... if he would come out with 70-78 edge, i would be all over it! 88 is too heavy for me... in my club i need under 7kg and under 82 db planes
I'm betting you're not the only one that would be all over a 78" Edge
I honestly can't wait for the MXS though. That's definitely on my 'must have' list.
The 64" MXS though? If it's setup properly, I can't imagine you not loving it.

Never had my hands on the 48" version, but have seen one fly a few times.
While it looks like it would still be a lot of fun, it doesn't really compare to the 64" in my eyes.
(Edited to add: Of course it's not a fair comparison, as comparing any 48" to it's larger brother... but the 64" MXS is fairly amazing. That's all )
Last edited by C_Watkins; Mar 29, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Mar 29, 2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins View Post
I'm betting you're not the only one that would be all over a 78" Edge
I honestly can't wait for the MXS though. That's definitely on my 'must have' list.
The 64" MXS though? If it's setup properly, I can't imagine you not loving it.

Never had my hands on the 48" version, but have seen one fly a few times.
While it looks like it would still be a lot of fun, it doesn't really compare to the 64" in my eyes.
(Edited to add: Of course it's not a fair comparison, as comparing any 48" to it's larger brother... but the 64" MXS is fairly amazing. That's all )
well... i have 42"slick, like it, had a 51" totally loved it, now maidened my 71" and after i tweak it i expect to love it just as much... if you put them up high (so they look similar size from the ground) its honestly not THAT big difference... difference comesin play down low and close... so im just thinking that 48" and 64" shouldnt/couldnt be THAT different...

but that is fruitless discussion... i have most flight time on slick so i love slick, someone else has most time on msx, so it will be the best airframe for him, someone else on extra...

bottom line, we each have our the best plane and arguing which EF or 3dhs plane is best is kinda pointless...

Quick Reply