Extreme Flight EXP Owner's Thread - Page 1019 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 21, 2013, 04:50 PM
Registered User
Aeroplayin's Avatar
Yeah, we used to go skiing in the Laurentians when I lived in the NE and they had huge trucks with 12 foot stacks to blow snow. No such thing as a plow. 40 below at night... that's where Celsius and Fahrenheit meet to warm each other. Spit froze before it hit the ground. Can't imagine that kind of cold anymore. Tom's never seen snow.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2013, 05:09 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Last year at SEFF (2012), I saw a pass that was using some extreme mixing and I was curious if you all could help tell me how to program it.

I am not sure if there is a name for this or not, but the plane flew straight and level down the runway- but did so with nearly a 45 degree nose-down attitude and did not loose any altitude. It was jaw-dropping to watch.

Does anyone even know what I am talking about? Has anyone else seen this before?
Jan 21, 2013, 05:22 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
C_Watkins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Last year at SEFF (2012), I saw a pass that was using some extreme mixing and I was curious if you all could help tell me how to program it.

I am not sure if there is a name for this or not, but the plane flew straight and level down the runway- but did so with nearly a 45 degree nose-down attitude and did not loose any altitude. It was jaw-dropping to watch.

Does anyone even know what I am talking about? Has anyone else seen this before?
Flaperons, down elevator and power
Practice up high!


Edit to add: Yes I've seen it, but the above is purely a guess.
Maybe we get lucky and one of the ones actually doing it will answer.
I wanted to play around with it one day but saw where I might get into trouble really quickly. (Was trying with about 30 degrees flaperons)
Last edited by C_Watkins; Jan 21, 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: swag
Jan 21, 2013, 05:25 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill
Doc,

Thanks for your answer. I posted a question about the three rates in the 48" Laser thread and Ducati Mechanic also gave a helpful answer.

Perhaps the 48" Laser EXP thread is the place to have this discussion.
I run pretty much the same set up on all my 48s" and I'll probably set the Yak up that way too.
Jan 21, 2013, 05:29 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
For Trill. (and whoever else wants to burn up some data I wuld have gotten more footage,but i was just a couple weeks out of my surgery and was still pretty sore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvapOl_6KMs
Jan 21, 2013, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Trill's Avatar

Three position switch rates


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I run pretty much the same set up on all my 48s" and I'll probably set the Yak up that way too.
For "insane" 3D on your insane rate, do you find it necessary to have more than thirty five degrees of aileron?

I take it that you have forty five degrees of elevator on mid rates and up to ninety degrees of elevator on insane rates.

Rudder is elevator half to elevator half on all rates.
Jan 21, 2013, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Trill's Avatar

Eager to see the video


Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
For Trill. (and whoever else wants to burn up some data I wuld have gotten more footage,but i was just a couple weeks out of my surgery and was still pretty sore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvapOl_6KMs
Thanks for uploading, but it says the video is private and I am unable to watch it.

I am signed into my YouTube account.
Jan 21, 2013, 05:56 PM
Registered User
That was joe smith and as mentioned above it was flaperons mixed elevator.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Last year at SEFF (2012), I saw a pass that was using some extreme mixing and I was curious if you all could help tell me how to program it.

I am not sure if there is a name for this or not, but the plane flew straight and level down the runway- but did so with nearly a 45 degree nose-down attitude and did not loose any altitude. It was jaw-dropping to watch.
U
Does anyone even know what I am talking about? Has anyone else seen this before?
Jan 21, 2013, 05:59 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67
That was joe smith and as mentioned above it was flaperons mixed elevator.
I have this mix, just haven't used it to that effect. Bet doing it up high for the first time would be smart. I'll try it on the sim first, since I have it programmed there too.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC
I have this mix, just haven't used it to that effect. Bet doing it up high for the first time would be smart. I'll try it on the sim first, since I have it programmed there too.
Once you get it dialed in - if you dont mind please share the settings of your mix. It is an impressive maneuver.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:43 PM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
Yeah I wanna do that! Any video?
Jan 21, 2013, 07:13 PM
Registered User
TheMagician007's Avatar
I posted this on the 3D forum, but didn't get any answers...anyone know where they can point me:

Is there a list of 3D maneuvers out there? I started writing on the backs of a red bicycle deck all the maneuvers I know, shuffle the cards and then someone at the field reads them out and do the maneuvers. I've got about 26 right now and realize there can be hundreds, but looking for a list so I can cross check against.
Jan 21, 2013, 07:15 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
I would assume a TON of down flaps with a touch (maybe more than a touch) of down elevator and some power. I haven't seen this maneuver, but you did a good job of describing it and it reminded me of what some of the scale planes at my field look like when they're coming in fast with flaps down and a down elevator mix for when the flaps go down so the plane doesn't balloon. So, I think it would be a ton of down flaps and down elevator with some speed.

--Tom K.
Jan 21, 2013, 07:22 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino
I posted this on the 3D forum, but didn't get any answers...anyone know where they can point me:

Is there a list of 3D maneuvers out there? I started writing on the backs of a red bicycle deck all the maneuvers I know, shuffle the cards and then someone at the field reads them out and do the maneuvers. I've got about 26 right now and realize there can be hundreds, but looking for a list so I can cross check against.
I don't know if there is a list anywhere, but here are some you can check against your list.

-Hover
-Torque roll
-rolling harrier
-harrier
-inverted harrier
-switch rolling harriers
-snake
-knife edge
-death slide
-elevator
-inverted elevator
-flat spin
-inverted flat spin
-knife edge spin
-Aussie Toilet Bowl (Doc taught me that one)
-Enema, aka Pop Top or Zwimbleturm
-Inverted Pop Top, zwimbleturm, enema
-positive Knife edge spin (with up elevator)
-weeble wobble (i've heard it called a falling leaf as well)
-Lomcevak (sometimes called a crank shaft)
-stationary spin
-pinwheel spin
-rolling loop
-rolling figure eight
-rolling vertical figure eight
-wall
-parachute
-knife edge wall
-the other kind of knife edge wall (they're two completely different maneuvers, but I've heard them both called a knife edge wall)
-cascade
-rolling cuban eight
-knife edge cuban eight
-rolling half and reverse half cuban eight
-knife edge half and reverse half cuban eight
-knife edge loop

Those are the ones I can think off right off the top of my head. Come to think of it, that's a pretty good list of maneuvers now that I read over it... I may do a video or blog article on those... gotta learn a couple first, though

I think there's 35 there.

--Tom K.
Jan 21, 2013, 07:28 PM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino
I posted this on the 3D forum, but didn't get any answers...anyone know where they can point me:

Is there a list of 3D maneuvers out there? I started writing on the backs of a red bicycle deck all the maneuvers I know, shuffle the cards and then someone at the field reads them out and do the maneuvers. I've got about 26 right now and realize there can be hundreds, but looking for a list so I can cross check against.
Don't know, but if you find please do tell!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New - Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP!!! hercdriver7777 3D Flying 13911 Nov 13, 2017 04:07 PM
Sold Extreme Flight Extra EXP 48 RTF HKC3 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Dec 15, 2010 10:47 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 07:45 AM
Sold Extreme Flight EXP Extra 48inch (Red n Black) HKC3 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 12, 2010 02:43 AM
Sold Extreme Flight Edge 540 EXP Rc_heli_flier Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 01, 2010 12:51 PM