Sep 15, 2021, 09:56 PM
A number of folks from our club toured the WACO factory several years ago (I think we had a club member that worked there or something?). Definitely was a really neat experience. I was really kinda struck at just how similar these planes were built compared to our models. And the guys there were great, really welcoming and let us poke around basically everything.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2021, 10:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I never realized they were still in business!! That is so cool!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Sep 15, 2021, 10:19 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsQC
A number of folks from our club toured the WACO factory several years ago (I think we had a club member that worked there or something?). Definitely was a really neat experience. I was really kinda struck at just how similar these planes were built compared to our models. And the guys there were great, really welcoming and let us poke around basically everything.
Agreed, it was a very special experience, and everyone treated us very well. The owner is interested in making this a very high end production facility and they are currently finishing other new buildings on the property that will eventually house other aircraft production facilities. The white elephant in the building was a very large shipping container. Not typical but covered with a custom plastic cover. I should have grabbed a photo but for what ever reason, I didn't. Inside the container is a disassembled Junkers F13. First all metal aircraft. It will be assembled at the Battle Creek facility. Can't wait to see it.
Sep 15, 2021, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
My flying days may be limited. Bad new around our house. My wife has become less mobile due to a back/hip problem. If she can't get around, I'll be staying home more. Pam is my life partner and I don't see me flying as much in the future. Hopefully the docs can find something to help her, but at this point I'm really worried.
I can sympathize, but in reverse. 

At the first of this year I lost leg strength, went anemic, no stamina, extreme dehydration and dangerously high blood glucose levels which put me in the hospital for four days.

After countless tests, medications, intravenous fluids and a rather ominous consult with an oncologist, l started thinking of how I should distribute my fleet of planes.

I was released, but it took a few weeks before the diagnosis came  back viral blood infection,, not cancer. I've lost 40 pounds but I'm getting my strength back, controlling my blood glucose, exercising and getting physical therapy. I'm now diabetic, arthritic and 73 years old. I've had some long nights thinking about,, first our (my wife and I) future, my future and finally, my flying future.

I am now flying once or twice a week. Each time my plane lifts off the runway I do a roll on climb-out to give thanks to whatever gave me the rest of my life back. 

So, I can imagine a little of what you and your wife are going through and I wish you nothing but the best. 

It's good to keep in mind, what we love about this world and our lives should never be taken for granted. 

Again, all the best. 
Sep 15, 2021, 10:36 PM
I am not a robot
Thanks very much for that. Hopefully they'll have some sort of plan when we see the doc next time. My wife has had a very rough couple of years. With ups and downs. I'm hoping this one is not all that serious. But right now her hips and legs are quite weak and she has pains that go from here back down her leg. But the doc is not sure yet what the cause is just yet.

I won't be leaving her alone for now. Tomorrow her sister is coming over to sit with her while I fly in the morning.

Lord willing she'll grow stronger and beat this thing too.

Thanks again,

Bert
Sep 16, 2021, 10:27 AM
Team EFRC, Castle, BandE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I never realized they were still in business!! That is so cool!!

SteveT.
THey actually had a display at Sun N Fun back in April in Lakeland, FL.
Sep 17, 2021, 07:35 AM
nsg
nsg
Anyone in PA/NJ or upstate NY interested in the original 3DHS 70" AJ Slick? I need to free up some space. Orange, set up for 8s, excellent condition.
Sep 17, 2021, 10:32 AM
What would lonelasso do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg
Anyone in PA/NJ or upstate NY interested in the original 3DHS 70" AJ Slick? I need to free up some space. Orange, set up for 8s, excellent condition.
Hopefully someone will give this awesome plane a new home. I have a vintage 71" Slick setup for 8S also and LOVE it.
Sep 17, 2021, 11:01 AM
I am not a robot

Are YOU looking for landing gear

I got a email notice from Extreme Flight. It seems they have a new shipment of CF landing gear. Don't know if they have all of them, but it looks like they now have many different sizes in stock.
Sep 17, 2021, 03:18 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg
I wish... I had the gas one in fantasy blue... still my favorite 30cc airframe I ever flew.
Sep 17, 2021, 08:03 PM
"Sport 3Der For Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast
Best of luck to your wife and her health Bert. Hope the Doctors get the diagnosis right and can get her on the road to recovery soon.
X 10 buddy!.
Sep 17, 2021, 10:28 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Burner
X 10 buddy!.
Thanks. She has another doctors appointment on Tuesday to find out what the test results show. Hoping for the best.

She is feeling a little better, but she still can't walk very well. Of course I'm still acting like a mother hen. I don't think she's all that crazy about that, but she doesn't mind my doing house work. I'm actually pretty good at laundry.
Sep 17, 2021, 11:07 PM
I’m a male chauvinist pig, I don’t even know how to run our washer! I think I have done ‘maybe’ ten loads of laundry since we have been married and come Nov. 11th, that will be 50 years!!

SteveT.
Sep 17, 2021, 11:29 PM
I am not a robot
Hey Steve, if you can run a milling machine...you can do laundry. But you may not want to let your wife know that.

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. We're behind you a couple of years, but it's been a good 48 years and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Bert
Sep 18, 2021, 12:45 AM
Well, let’s just say neither one of us has shot the other yet…

SteveT.

But then..we don’t own any guns either..

Quick Reply