Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 21, 2010, 11:30 AM
Z24
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
KB
I see one servo, and a linkage from another.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2010, 11:31 AM
I'm FAMOUS
I only see the rear servo stuck into the side, with its arm going to the rear of the swash...
I don't see any trace of front servos, only the ball-links, and those could/would be fixed in what we're speculating it "is".

CrippleCopter!

EDIT:

And how, the Double Horse 9100 helicopter has a super-small diameter swashplate, and a large-diameter rotor disk ball base, as you see here. This means uber-gentle response, and sluggish danger reaction ability.
The Hot-Dog thing to do here is swap in a larger swash.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
I only see the rear servo stuck into the side, with its arm going to the rear of the swash...
I don't see any trace of front servos.
Maybe the front servo is hidden by the canopy if it has one. Too bad XHeli didn't show a photo of the air frame minus canopy like they did for other models in the past.

Ed
Dec 21, 2010, 11:35 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Xheli website flub, here is the new Double Horse 3 channel coaxial, the model number is very close to the FP one:

http://www.xheli.com/9101-heli-black.html
Dec 21, 2010, 11:36 AM
Z24
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A

In this pic of the head, see the red wire, the linkage thats right near the wire is a servo linkage.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:36 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Just struck me as interesting who was talking, that's all.

Water under the bridge.

I think this is a four-channel CP airframe dummy-down to 3 channel OP.
It is just that I figured that it would get more attention in that forum, guess my comments don`t count. Would have been nice for the single rotor forums to get a heads up.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm FAMOUS
That #9101 is an entirely different model.

EDIT:

The double Horse 9100 is an actual model, and it's found elsewhere.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
I noticed that the description on that page also calls it a "3 channel" but there's that extra linkage. What gives?

Ed

Quote:
That is an entirely different model.
The double Horse 9100 is an actual model, and it's found elsewhere.

Proof.

It's a real model- here it is a Ally-Blah-Blah.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:42 AM
Cranky old fart
It appears to be pretty well engineered and is a logical progression in product development. Many of us have been saying the self-stabilizing single rotor helis are replacing the coaxes, for some time. However, I fail to see why this would be a source of great excitement for the 3 channel fans. It will have the same complexity, durability and reliability issues as any existing 4 channel heli. It will handle like any other self-stabilizing FP heli with a 45 offset trailing flybar and Bell linkage. The "wild" performance (it can move faster than walking speed and can bank) and possibility of breakage is what turns off most 3 channel fans.

What defines success in this category is parts availability and how good the motors are. Gear driven tails are already obsolete.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:42 AM
I'm FAMOUS
It's obviously got fake front ball-links, folks.

It's a HobbleCopter.

EDIT:

The Double Horse 9100.
The "NEWS" here, is it's a "Hobby Grade" airframe from a cheapie maker, Double Horse, makers of the only recently "good" 9074 helicopters, apparently.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:48 AM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...
If it doesn't have a servo attached to the front link, how do you suppose it moves forward and back?
Dec 21, 2010, 11:55 AM
It got to be 4ch. The tail is vertical and it's single rotor.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
Well one fact remains, there are two linkages on the swash. Can't see why DH wouldn't go all the way, and design this as a 4 channel FP. They model is so new that there's no reviews on it.

Ed
Dec 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm FAMOUS
There IS one servo in the back, it raises/lowers the back of the swash only, giving it fore/aft.
If you look close at all the pics, you see a dummy ball-link on each side of the front of the swash.

EDIT:

The Double Horse 9100 has a fairly decent sized motor, and with some weight reduction and gingerly flying, could last somebody quite a while.
Last edited by killbucket; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: People will be telling you about That Killbucket Guy, for years to come, get used to it.
Dec 21, 2010, 12:09 PM
Cranky old fart
It has a 4 channel TX... look at the trim tabs on the left stick.