Dec 21, 2010, 03:28 AM
Thread OP
Gallery

New heavy lift frame for multicopter

Good morning,

The 23 december I will open my Eshop: 1001copters.
I will sell new heavy lift frames for unmanned aerial vehicules.
the shop will propose 2 kind of frames for multirotor systems:
The X8-600 BAGHERRA and the HEXASTAR-700.

The X8-600 BAGHERRA is an X4/X8 frame all made in 2mm thickness aluminium AU4G (aeronotic aluminium). Its diameter is 600mm motor to motors and it accepts 14" propellers.
This frame has been designed to be fully compatible with mikrokopter eletronics. Several points are intersting:
-it's foldable
-possibility to mount BL-controlers vertically in the air flux of the propellers (to have a better cooling)
-possibility to mount gimbal in "+" mode or "x" mode.
-weight:497gr.

TheHEXASTAR-700 is an hexa frame that allow 3 configurations: hexa with 6 motors, Y6 and dodeca ith 12 motors in coaxial mode.
As X8-600 it's AU4G,2mm thickness but the diameter is 700mm motors to motors.It accepts 13" propeller.
There are 4 positions for the gimbal for "X" and "+" mode. One position in centered on the frame, the second one is deported in order to make a better balance with big cameras.
Weight: 810gr

We have conducted some tests with 3kg of payoad: the stifness of the frame is very good: while suspended by 2 arms, there are no bending. The power consumed is:

- With 1,280 Kg of paypload nealy 50% gaz (450/850) conso 35A in hoover mode
- With 2,280 Kgn of paypload nealy 60% gaz (570/850) conso 47A in hoover mode
- With 3,080 Kg of paypload nealy 70% gaz (640/850) conso 60A in hoover mode

A 60A conso means 10Amps per motors, it's very little. We need to check these data with a dataloger to compare with mktools data.

Here are some pictures about the frames:

X8-600 BAGHERRA VIDEO:
unfolding the X8-600 BAGHERRA

The HEXASTAR-700 VIDEO
HEXASTAR-700 vol 1.wmv
a better video

You can follow Francklin's test (he is the beta tester of the HEXASTAR-700) here

And the news about my shop here and all the photos about these two frames

if you have any questions , please contact me here or via skype: catlord21

Best regards,
Cedric

here are some photos (better sized ?)
Last edited by catlord; Dec 22, 2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: new photos
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2010, 02:14 PM
1. What is the price?
2. What wooden props are you using?
Dec 21, 2010, 02:30 PM
Thread OP
Sorry I forgot to mention it

The prices are 299€ for the X8-600 BAGHERRA and 499€ for the HEXASTAR-700.

The props usedare from XOAR (USA)

I will edit the post tomorow with less heavy pictures...
Dec 21, 2010, 02:46 PM
The heavy pictures are really annoying..
Dec 30, 2010, 05:50 AM
looks great but price is very high for me (I am a newb, so that is uneducated comment), unless one is very confident with flying skills !

I am looking for good and cheap octo frames I can crash without too much cost, I think that market is much bigger than the perfect frames you are selling for several times the price

anyway the build looks very nice and strong, can you share any vibration performance info ? what is the main goal of such complicated structure vs square/round tubes ?

alain
Dec 30, 2010, 06:24 AM
Thread OP
It's all about stifness and vibrations control.
When you have a square/round tube, the vibration propagate directly to the center plates: there are no obstacles to the transmission of the vibration.

hese frames has been designed for heavy lift: there are no other frame on the market that is 700mm diameter (motor to motor ) and foldable. No other one.

The original mikrokopter frames are 150€. but do you really think you can suspend a 3kg payloadd to this frame without any problems?
Suspend 3kg on it and take it by two arms, what do you think it will happen ?

These frames are not juste good lokking frames, it have been studied for heavy duty, no more no less

For the vibration info I will make some comunications about it next year (around february).

I have another info : the landing gear from droidworks is comatible with my frames
Dec 30, 2010, 08:03 AM
very interesting answer, thank you

I will think about this when I start my build, it is too expensive for my first test but if I get good at it ... maybe !
the cost is a big issue at this level, plus I am looking for an octo for sail safe, if I buy good gear it is too lift a good camera, so I need the octo for safety ...
Dec 30, 2010, 08:49 AM
Thread OP
Hi,

With an hexa you can loose 1 motor or propeller and still be able to land. With an octo you can loose 2 of them.
The reason to choose an octo is mainly the payload you can take but with my frame and a couple MK3538+ 13" propellers you don't have anymore payload problems

Another good reasn to choose an hexa is the size: an octo is bigger than an hexa and there is no heavy lift frame foldable in octo size.

Don't forget that the lenght of your arms and the number of motors determine the maximum size of your propellers ...
Dec 31, 2010, 02:39 AM
Studies the wind
Wow, I'm impressed..............subscribe!

Quick Reply