Walkera new V120D05 mini heli with belt driven tail - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
Mini-Review

Walkera new V120D05 mini heli with belt driven tail

Another new mini heli from Walkera. But this one is a little special. One can truly perform in a micro size. A belt driven tail means it is very easy to work on without the issue with the tinny tail gears. Over sized outrunner motors to give you the performance necessary to do some real 3D action.

What’s inside the box?
Like most walkera this one come well packed with their vacuumed formed packaging. Ready to fly with chargers, spare blades etc. Coloured box with the “Chinglish” manual. LOL Everything is there so let’s charge the battery and see how it fly.

Flight impression:
Due to the limited space we have inside the warehouse I can only do some basic stuff with it… But the first thing I notice is it have a lot more punch compare to the other v120’s. Rocky solid rudder control with very quick reaction. Unlike the smaller brushless motor used in old model. This outrunner sure have enough power to do the job properly. The foam blades include with the kit sure offer some protection to the heli during a crash. But personally would prefer the much stiffer carbon blades. Personally I like this heli as it handle more like 450 size heli, not really touchy and have enough power to fly like bigger heli. 
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2010, 04:23 AM
A quick side by side comparing the v120505 vs the 4G6

eHIROBO.com - WALKERA V120D05 and 4G6 quick comparison (2 min 40 sec)