Oct 18, 2019, 02:41 PM
Alright, any mods you guys do? I know this has probably been asked but I simply don't have the time to read thru 770 pages of comments Just curious. I think the plane is fine all stock but just wondering what you guys do to them.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2019, 02:50 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assocracer
Alright, any mods you guys do? I know this has probably been asked but I simply don't have the time to read thru 770 pages of comments Just curious. I think the plane is fine all stock but just wondering what you guys do to them.
Book of worms you opened.. !
Fortunately this thread slowed a bit for its been around a while.. Great plane but cooled a bit..
Oct 18, 2019, 08:12 PM
what goes up, must come down..
imho if you are less than stellar at landing trikes ie touchdown mains first, or of you fly off grass, I'd suggest trailing link oleo replacement for the nose to save the nose retract.
650kv motor on 4s is nice, 5s is way faster than scale and way more fun lol
I get the impression the latest version would be the closest to mod free. The v1 I have has been a continual upgrade project lol but flies so sweet, I'll never get rid of it.
Oct 18, 2019, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Fortunately this thread slowed a bit for its been around a while.. Great plane but cooled a bit..
Looks great! Really good!
Oct 18, 2019, 08:47 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
aaah that appears to be a v1 (cowl flaps)... I have an orange\white v1 that I still fly pretty often, yours is way cleaner and nice looking, mine is getting tired.
love the T-28's enough that I picked up a v4 recently but haven't maidened it yet... I am going to put a stock AR636A from a ParkZone 1.2m T-2.8 in it since they are so similar and it will then it will have the SAFE option too... unfortunately the weather is nowhere near friendly enough to go out in and won't be for probably the next week... I'm itching to get that faithful ol v1 back in the air... and maiden the v4 at the same time

Quote:
Oct 18, 2019, 09:47 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Thanks Aussie.!!!! And Huff, observant.. ! It is a V1 I bought as soon as released before FMS.. Although it is made by FMS, it is an Airfield sold through at the time (years ago) Banana Hobby..

Ordered it online as an Air Force scheme.. But just as I did they sold out.. The way I found out was Banana called me to tell me that and asked if I wanted money back or the grey or red which they still had a few.. Went grey of course and been happy with it ever since..

I have been good to it with a few landings binding my nose up and to the rear.. Don't know how a trailing link would work since the retract swings back .. Would love oleos but so far all works well... Leave well enough alone..

I don't fly it often enough actually.. But when I do.. Dang it makes me look good.!
Oct 19, 2019, 12:50 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Damn you all! I have too many planes and must rotate several of them between my garage and attic.

Now you guys make me go up my attic again and get the Trojan down for some flights

Yeah yeah you all suckered me in, didn't you !!!
Oct 19, 2019, 07:04 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus the 2nd
Damn you all! I have too many planes and must rotate several of them between my garage and attic.

Now you guys make me go up my attic again and get the Trojan down for some flights

Yeah yeah you all suckered me in, didn't you !!!
Its PPP... Peer Plane Pressure!!
Oct 19, 2019, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Don't know how a trailing link would work since the retract swings back ..
It works
Oct 19, 2019, 10:47 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Aussie.. That I could see.. I was thinking you meant this as far as trailing link...
Oct 19, 2019, 12:15 PM
Retired US Navy
Do you remember what that's off of? F-5? Avanti?
Oct 19, 2019, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
It works
Do you have a link to where that strut can be purchased?
Thanks
Oct 19, 2019, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
Do you have a link to where that strut can be purchased?
Thanks
I *think* it was this one, sorry, it was some time ago I bought them, and my plane is in storage at the moment.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...nting-pin.html

Search through this thread, pretty sure I made mention of little tweaks I did when installing these.
Well worth the effort though, they really do make life much easier on the retract. You can see them working just taxiing around on even manicured grass.
Oct 19, 2019, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
I *think* it was this one, sorry, it was some time ago I bought them, and my plane is in storage at the moment.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...nting-pin.html

Search through this thread, pretty sure I made mention of little tweaks I did when installing these.
Well worth the effort though, they really do make life much easier on the retract. You can see them working just taxiing around on even manicured grass.
OK thanks

Quick Reply