Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2011, 06:34 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
The blocks I am using will be used to make a wall tomorrow so I have to get this done or at least setting by tomorrow morning. I even did a little night work. It is also raining cats and dogs. Refer to post 4 for photos.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 07:26 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
Night work again. The hull is just about finished.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:51 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
I just got some very good news. I'll report back later after I confirm it.

I also removed the blocks from the hull. I just have to rinse it down again to get some dirt/bush off. Then the project goes stealth again (back inside).
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:33 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
The control hardware has been shipped. Tracking...

I also sat on the base tonight. I just need thin ply to protect the surface of the seating area.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:27 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
So it is confirmed, HobbyKing is sponsoring $1,000 worth of stuff!!!
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:24 PM
Breezemont is offline
Find More Posts by Breezemont
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
So it is confirmed, HobbyKing is sponsoring $1,000 worth of stuff!!!
Congratulations!
I don't have anything to contribute but I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:30 PM
all4smallrc is offline
Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
So it is confirmed, HobbyKing is sponsoring $1,000 worth of stuff!!!
Dude! That's awesome!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:08 AM
asd9000 is offline
Find More Posts by asd9000
Registered User
Aw I am so jealous! Can't wait to see how this turns out!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:44 AM
djdavies83 is offline
Find More Posts by djdavies83
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
So it is confirmed, HobbyKing is sponsoring $1,000 worth of stuff!!!
Dude! With $1000 worth of stuff you can really beef it up, they must have been able to see you know your stuff in the opening posts!

I'm making a boat with the parts you gave in a week or so, I guess Kharma is working for you.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:32 AM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezemont View Post
Congratulations!
I don't have anything to contribute but I can't wait to see the finished product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc View Post
Dude! That's awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by asd9000 View Post
Aw I am so jealous! Can't wait to see how this turns out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Dude! With $1000 worth of stuff you can really beef it up, they must have been able to see you know your stuff in the opening posts!

I'm making a boat with the parts you gave in a week or so, I guess Kharma is working for you.
Thanks guys. The 1k is for all the electronics plus they are covering shipping which may be another $300. I still do not have funds to "play" with.

This shroud gave me a really hard time. Why? I couldn't fimda suitable round shape. A friend says that he thinks he has somethinhg. I'll check today or tomorrow.

I will also be spray painting the base tomorrow or this weekend.

DJ, don't forget to post pictures.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:57 AM
djdavies83 is offline
Find More Posts by djdavies83
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
This shroud gave me a really hard time. Why? I couldn't fimda suitable round shape. A friend says that he thinks he has somethinhg. I'll check today or tomorrow.

I will also be spray painting the base tomorrow or this weekend.

DJ, don't forget to post pictures.
Is the shroud the thing that goes around the propultion blades? maybe a cut up plastic trash can or similar with a suitable diameter. any word or finding/building a cage fan for lift?

I'll start a build log thread on the boat once I get started, looks like it will be orangeRx, turningy 20A brushed ESC, Xmod stage2 motor and 2 x 1S 180Mah miniaviation cells.

keep up the good work dude!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
Here is tracking for the electronics.
http://www.speedpost.com.sg/speedpos...asp?frmFlag=#1
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Is the shroud the thing that goes around the propultion blades? maybe a cut up plastic trash can or similar with a suitable diameter. any word or finding/building a cage fan for lift?

I'll start a build log thread on the boat once I get started, looks like it will be orangeRx, turningy 20A brushed ESC, Xmod stage2 motor and 2 x 1S 180Mah miniaviation cells.

keep up the good work dude!
I was looking for a round object just to use as a shape. I can easily make the shroud once I have something to wrap the material around.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 07:15 PM
wparsons is offline
Find More Posts by wparsons
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Can't wait to see this thing in action!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 07:48 PM
boredom.is.me is offline
Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
After having some private issues, I am now back on top of things. I will be getting the s-paint tomorrow. I will be getting something latex based for durability purposes.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Carbon/Kevlar RC Racing hovercraft with [b]FULL ARTICULATED FIGURE ! camoesas RC Hovercraft 44 Apr 24, 2016 07:48 AM
Question JR X 347 Full house electric glider Graham 65 Electric Sailplanes 3 Nov 11, 2010 02:52 PM
Discussion Looking for MG servo Size: 0.9 x 0.4 x 0.9" (22 x 11 x 22mm) johnnyrocco123 High Performance 3 Oct 09, 2010 11:06 PM
Discussion Full size electric aircraft at EAA Fly-IN..time to start on a full size F-22;) Ed Waldrep Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 9 Aug 05, 2008 07:53 PM
For Sale Full size hovercraft for sale - trade nitromark Non R/C Items (FS/W) 18 Jan 21, 2007 04:54 PM