Operation X-Craft: A Full Size Electric Hovercraft (Mar 19th Update) - Page 15 - RC Groups
Jan 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
By the way, if you're still in need of 4in foam. rcfoam.com has 4in thick EPP. Might be too flexy though. http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...5230074edbd78c They also have 4in thick BlueCor. http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...5230074edbd78c
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
all4, that is actually a good idea, a bit more expensive and maybe even unnecessary, but a good idea. What they have is far too small, but I'll look into larger epp sheets.

So far I have seen 4" eps, but not locally. It would make the build quicker by a few hours.
Jan 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Actually, those pieces aren't too small. It would add a little bit of shock around the edges which is definitely worth looking into. Thanks!
May 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
i'd say,you are awesome!!!!
thanks for sharing!
May 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Thanks. I am really disappointed about the fact that I couldn't start again this past semester. School was WAY more important.
Jun 18, 2012, 12:29 AM
Have you given up this project or can we look forward to some updates? I just found this thread and the body of work already in it was informative and interesting, so thank you either way.
Jun 18, 2012, 07:39 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Nope, yet again, I need to be doing good in my classes before I can think of this. I need a large enough space of time. I need transportation of materials.

Once all of those things falls into place, then I can restart.
Dec 26, 2012, 05:47 PM
another one bites the dust.
Dec 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Unfortunately. I'll be back though. It would most likely be after I finish school though.

Why are you happy to see me fail though?
Dec 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
Unfortunately. I'll be back though. It would most likely be after I finish school though.

Why are you happy to see me fail though?
I don't think he is happy to see you fail. He's just recognising the familiar scenario of a dream that has given way to the realities of the business of life. I know a number of people that have started to make a hovercraft (albeit with a lawn mower engine), but it is just one of those things that never seems to get finished.

If you are too busy now, don't imagine it will ever get easier. I remember how busy I was at school. Then afterwards, I said "Gee, I wish I realised how much spare time I had at school." Then I had my first kid. I said, "Gee, I had so much spare time before I had a kid". Then I had my second kid. I said, "Gee, I had so much spare time when I only had one kid". Then the third kid came along. I said, "Gee, I had so much spare time when I only had 2 kids, why didn't I make better use of that time".

Anyway, we'd all like to see it fly. I hope it does happen.
Jan 29, 2013, 10:20 PM
Hi just been looking at your project, i used to make and sell electric rc hovercraft in aust. and would be happy to help out with any info you need. -alway wanted to have a go at what your doing but never got around to it.
Feb 06, 2013, 10:31 PM
I hope you make it work!
Last edited by builder bob; Feb 08, 2013 at 04:00 PM.