Dec 22, 2010, 12:48 PM
How can you improve on an already great flying Bird, Leave it to Andrew to figure a way
Nice Design and Great Job on your build Mark!!

John
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
200 mph club
New Videos added in post 1. Finally got a nice day. I am used to flying the V2 now and I like it! It snaps and stall turns better than the V1. It is also almost a half oz lighter( lighter paint and more milling).
Dec 24, 2010, 02:43 PM
Is the weight shown complete RTW with or without Battery? Mine came in at 4oz without battery.

Thanks steiny
Dec 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
Mark,
Glad to hear you got some good flights on the V2. Those are the things I noticed witht he V2. Also, the tail should fly a bit higher than the V1 as its lighter and I changed the configuration around to have the tail fly higher.

Andrew
Dec 29, 2010, 11:41 AM
Got mine in and noticed that the servo pockets are on top, thought that they should be on the bottom
Dec 29, 2010, 07:02 PM
Nope mine are on the top. I cut a small hole under each servo to get the wire under wing to receiver. Hope this helps!
Jan 03, 2011, 08:24 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Anyone care to post pic of their radio/battery placement? i would really appreciate it! thanks, Dave
Jan 03, 2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave
Anyone care to post pic of their radio/battery placement? i would really appreciate it! thanks, Dave
Hope this helps!
Jan 04, 2011, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinywi
hope this helps!
thanks alot steiny!
Jan 04, 2011, 08:31 AM

cogging

Has anyone experienced "cogging" or hard starting at start up with the Hacker A10-15s / Thunderbird 9 combo? Mine will start intermittantly or will cog and with careful throttle control start up. I also can flick the prop and get it to run. I went thru the reprogramming routine without improvement also. New fully charged thunderpower lites 7.4 350 mah batts too.
Thanks, Dave
Jan 04, 2011, 08:35 AM
Fly lower!
Quote:
Has anyone experienced "cogging" or hard starting at start up with the Hacker A10-15s / Thunderbird 9 combo? Mine will start intermittantly or will cog and with careful throttle control start up. I also can flick the prop and get it to run. I went thru the reprogramming routine without improvement also. New fully charged thunderpower lites 7.4 350 mah batts too.
Thanks, Dave
what prop are you running?

aerolite
Jan 04, 2011, 09:48 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Quote:
Thanks, Dave
I had the same problem with the TB 6, switching to the PH 10 or Turnigy Plush solved the problem. Seems to be a timing issue, but the timing is not adjustable in the TB series. I took all kinds of grief about " hand starting" an electric motor.

Azarr
Jan 04, 2011, 10:25 AM
Yes I have an older T-9 with version 1.02 software and it works great, but the new T-9 with version 3.0 does not let the motor start. I have sent my new controller back to have them look at it! I have also tried another motor and had the same problem!
Jan 04, 2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolite
what prop are you running?

aerolite
aerolite, running a gws 8x4.3 prop. What are you thinking the prop size would effect? I'm just a noob to all of this stuff, so I'm just curious to learn what you guys have experienced. Thanks guys, Dave
Jan 04, 2011, 05:17 PM
F3P and Sailplanes-Great!
Quote:
aerolite, running a gws 8x4.3 prop. What are you thinking the prop size would effect? I'm just a noob to all of this stuff, so I'm just curious to learn what you guys have experienced. Thanks guys, Dave
I use the same motor/ESC/prop/battery combination as you do, and do not experienced the cogging you mention. I have, however, had a cogging problem when using too large props on other motors.

Ray