Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by TomCrump
ARFs Are Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrTelemaster View Post
Not wanting "Cub" gear. I want autentic scale Spacewalker gear.
How do they differ ?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by SrTelemaster
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
How do they differ ?
Do they not differ?

If they are exactly the same, that would be great as there are functional bungee Cub gear that I would love to use.

When one says that the Cub gear can be "adapted" that insinuates that the gear is not exactly the same.

I plan to do mine all out full cockpit scale W/the exception of the FA300TTDP cylinder head/dual carbs protruding from the sides of the cowl.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:19 AM
ARFs Are Me
They are not the same in that mods will be necessary when building your airframe. From what I saw at the time, it would be easy, then.

I looked at it after I had completed most of the wing center section, and decided not to do a retrofit.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:24 AM
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
Quote:
They are not the same in that mods will be necessary when building your airframe. From what I saw at the time, it would be easy, then.

I looked at it after I had completed most of the wing center section, and decided not to do a retrofit.
Can you elaborate?

Are the maingears dimensionally the same?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:49 PM
ARFs Are Me
You'd have to check. I saw that the two gear mount differently. I didn't want to open up the sheeted structure to make the modifications. I never went any farther than that.

I believe there is a discussion of this, somewhere in this thread.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:24 PM
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
Quote:
You'd have to check. I saw that the two gear mount differently. I didn't want to open up the sheeted structure to make the modifications. I never went any farther than that.

I believe there is a discussion of this, somewhere in this thread.
Hey thanks for what you were able to convey.

I'll cneck into it.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by krokko

progress report........

Tom,

Started the fuselage today - looks good!
Right wing almost finished, need to cut out the aileron, then left wing.
I really like this SIG kit, it's the first I ever bought from them. Clear instructions and very good quality plans. I have cut the nose to the ZDZ50 NG, it needed one inch shorter nose.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:39 AM
ARFs Are Me
krokko

You're doing a great job !

Look back in this thread, to where I joined the front fuselage to the rear. I layed 1/32" ply over the joint, to help bond the halves together.

This really strengthens the area. You may want to take a lok, and see if you are interested in doing something similar.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:53 AM
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
I did some checking on the Robart Cub maingear.

The 1/3 Cub gear is way to large.

The 1/4 scale gear #690 would work.

The width @ the fuselage mounting is spot on & the hieght is only 1/4" less than the OEM SIG gear.

However, the width of the Roabart gear is 15 1/8" @ the wheel hub whereas the Sig gear is about 18" wide.

I'll just have to utilize the SIG gear as I do not want to sacrifice ground handling W/a narrower maingear.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
krokko

You're doing a great job !

Look back in this thread, to where I joined the front fuselage to the rear. I layed 1/32" ply over the joint, to help bond the halves together.

This really strengthens the area. You may want to take a lok, and see if you are interested in doing something similar.
Yes, Tom,

I noticed earlier and intend to follow your example!

(I had a problem with the upper center spar bending down a bit in the back, until I read the instructions and understood that it was for the incidence,,,,,,,)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:52 AM

Fuselage and left wing coming on.

Progress is made - fuselage done up til the point when the wing middle should be installed. Left wing started.
/krokko
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by 4075aaron
What a beast! You are doing a great job. I can't wait to build mine.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by LesUyeda
I don't know how forgiving your covering is going to be, but if it were me; I would taper the backrest/stringer filets to a very narrow trailing edge so they do not form a step, that may show as such when finished.

Les
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesUyeda View Post
I don't know how forgiving your covering is going to be, but if it were me; I would taper the backrest/stringer filets to a very narrow trailing edge so they do not form a step, that may show as such when finished.

Les
Hi Les,

Yes I have been thinking about the covering, once did a couple of mistakes that I paid for later, (on a Super Cub). I'll keep thinking about the covering, haven't decided yet but believe that plastic film isn't an option!

/krokko
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:48 PM
Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
nice job!