Jul 16, 2011, 08:22 AM
F2G-1D

spacewalker build

YUP!!! 4-5/8 inches and place new landing gear block. Not hard.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2011, 11:38 PM
According to the Robart website, the overall dimension from the front of the front attachment point to the rear of the rear point is 5"

What is the length of the landing gear block?

Also - as I don't have my kit yet, I'm slightly confused.
Is the Robart 690B the one you recommend for the 1/4 Spacewalker or the 1/3?
Jul 25, 2011, 08:02 AM
F2G-1D
Better look at the Robart site again,and maybe print the dimension page as you will find the measurement IS,4-5/8 inches, CENTER of mounting hole front to rear.
I used the #690B because it has a WIDTH of 16-1/4 inches, a little over 1 inch wider than the 690, this gave me 18 inches plus when wheels are attached. wider is better ground handling.
The 690 series are 1/4 scale and the 691 is 1/3 scale, how ever they are not PURE scale for the purpose, but are more than scale for the visual application.
My 2 seater is 1/4 scale and the Sig kits ARE the FINEST avalible. The 2 seater is the one pictured. My one seater is being painted in U.S. ARMY Aircorps colors.
Jul 25, 2011, 08:09 AM
F2G-1D

Spacewalker Build

Have you seen the 2 seater, flying down your way, with the Rotac Radial Engine?? The round engine really gives some "CLASSIC" zip to the SW.
Jul 25, 2011, 02:16 PM
You are spot on!
I guess I'll need to wait for my kit to arrive though because mine will be the 1/3 sized one and I don't have the dimensions yet. I'm hoping the 691 gear ( Balsa USA 1/3 scale Cub) will fit as easily.

No, I haven't seen the Rotac Spacewalker. Isn't it located on the West Coast somewhere? I sure like that colour scheme though
Jul 25, 2011, 06:10 PM
F2G-1D

Spacewalker Build

The #691 will fit just fine on the 1/3 scale Sig SW. Download the Dimensions page and print it from Robart and when your kit arrives,take out your ruler and make a few measurements and you've got it.
The Radial powered SW in your country looks great, however I think wheel pants are needed to complete the nostalgic look of yesteryear. The plane REALLY sounds GREAT on a flyby.
Where it is located, I don't know, however see photo enclosed and you will probably know allot more than I, as you live down under.
Say Hi when you get your kit and I'll then be able to answer more as you'll have your plans to go by.
Jul 25, 2011, 06:33 PM
F2G-1D

spacewalker build

The next photo is the same plane sitting in front of the place it was built. You might recognise the town. The last 3 photos are the SW as it has become,here in the states, and I believe it has lost all the nosalgic charm it once possesed.
The last photo, well I think I've sent that one ,however it's a great photo of the cocpit areas and the windscreen framing

BW
Jul 25, 2011, 06:59 PM
The first picture is from Raysfield in Headington Hill, Queensland which isn't all that far away from me (in Australian terms )

There will be some delays in me getting the kit because apparently, Sig have them in manufacturing at the moment and it is on back order.
Jul 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
F2G-1D

Spacewalker Build

Maybe some time you can get over there and get some good DETAIL shots of the SW as it is now, as the pics I've sent was rhe plane during construction and I,we, have nothing since the plane was finished.
I have always liked the RED&BLACK, the 1st SW was Red&Black as Jessie Anglin built it. They are all striking in their presentation. Very nostalgic.
For all around flying,you'll find the SW's very hard to beat, and they look good in the air.
Seems like Sig has been having problems every since being sold a while back after Hazel decided to retire. Sig was always a halmark for model aviation and I know people who have built and flown nothing but Sig kits.

BW
Jul 31, 2011, 10:03 AM
F2G-1D

Spacewalker Build

For you guys that don't mind a little "Kit Bashing" here's a real pretty little number that could EASILY be found hideing if a SW kit or even a Astro Hog kit if you don't mind the extra work.
Jul 31, 2011, 10:15 AM
F2G-1D

Spacewalker Build

You will notice that the cowl is alot slimmer with more of the engine exposed. Anyone have a OS 320FF that they'd like to see hanging out??
Got to raise the turtle deck a little and a few othe cosmetic changes and then you'll have a Sky Dancer2
Aug 12, 2011, 07:39 AM
F2G-1D

spacewalker build

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalsson View Post
You are spot on!
I guess I'll need to wait for my kit to arrive though because mine will be the 1/3 sized one and I don't have the dimensions yet. I'm hoping the 691 gear ( Balsa USA 1/3 scale Cub) will fit as easily.

No, I haven't seen the Rotac Spacewalker. Isn't it located on the West Coast somewhere? I sure like that colour scheme though
If you have purchased the Sig 1/3rd scale Spacewalker then you'll need the Robart # 691 landing gear. Let me tell you that it works really good and looks great when it's taking all the "bumps" out of your flying field.
Aug 12, 2011, 01:23 PM
BW: I'm still waiting for the Spacewalker to come in. Apparently, Sig had them in production and advised it would be a few weeks for delivery.
This is OK because work on my new workshop starts next week so in some 2 - 3 weeks, I should have more room to build
Aug 12, 2011, 06:06 PM
F2G-1D

Spacewalker Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalsson View Post
BW: I'm still waiting for the Spacewalker to come in. Apparently, Sig had them in production and advised it would be a few weeks for delivery.
This is OK because work on my new workshop starts next week so in some 2 - 3 weeks, I should have more room to build
Sounds great, I know what it is like to try to build when room is at a premium and it's REALLY hot!!!
Do you fly, or know anyone who flies RealFlight? If so, and if they have RealFlight G4 or better, have a shot at flying this. See Pics.
The 2 seater in Mil Paint is one that I have built, as a 1 seater also, and now I'm working on a 1 seater in Pre WWII Army Air Corps colors. The SW's are all home builts and as such, if we don't plan on contesting them, we can paint them as we please and I have a fondness for some of the "Golden Age" of aviation color schemes as they are very colorful and look great on all the SW's.
Aug 12, 2011, 06:14 PM
I have Real Flight 5.5. Where do you download the definition for these planes?
They look real good!

Quick Reply