Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
GassPasser is offline
Find More Posts by GassPasser
Pro Bro # 2398
GassPasser's Avatar
thanks !
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 AM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
Paul5910 is offline
Find More Posts by Paul5910
Registered User
Paul5910's Avatar
This plane is truly a great flier and a great value! I flew mine a week ago and couldn't have been more impressed.

Paul
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:30 AM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
I let a friend fly mine yesterday and he was so impressed he ordered one as soon as he got home...lol
Old Feb 06, 2012, 11:42 PM
utah Flyer is offline
Find More Posts by utah Flyer
Registered User
Well I finally destroyed the tail wheel (knew it was coming). Went looking for the post on the DuBro replacement. I find many references, but what I was looking for was the description of the procedure. cmerighe mentions it, but no description of how. He even mentions a video.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
tnx GB
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
I don't understand why Tower Hobbies installed the aileron servos vertically? The plane is supposed to be able to belly land in grass but with the servos sticking down so far I have stripped two out while landing. After the 2nd time I cut the holes out and laid them in horizontally and installed servo covers over the arms. This how they should have been installed in the first place, now no more stripped servos.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
rupert the bear is offline
Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
I don't understand why Tower Hobbies installed the aileron servos vertically? The plane is supposed to be able to belly land in grass but with the servos sticking down so far I have stripped two out while landing. After the 2nd time I cut the holes out and laid them in horizontally and installed servo covers over the arms. This how they should have been installed in the first place, now no more stripped servos.
I fitted the servos on their side before i flew mine, i did not fit the wheels (you just can't have a warbird with wheels sticking down! )
Even with retracts, the servos fitted as standard protrude so far you can see them from a mile away
Fantastic plane though, i am having a ball with mine pylon racing against my friends parkzone planes.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert the bear View Post
I fitted the servos on their side before i flew mine, i did not fit the wheels (you just can't have a warbird with wheels sticking down! )
Even with retracts, the servos fitted as standard protrude so far you can see them from a mile away
Fantastic plane though, i am having a ball with mine pylon racing against my friends parkzone planes.


I know what you mean. The Mustang just doesn't like right with wheels until it's landing anyway. I had to install retracts in mine before flying it..lol
Old May 19, 2012, 12:23 PM
cbr600f2 is offline
Find More Posts by cbr600f2
Registered User
cbr600f2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert the bear View Post
What a fantastic plane! i bought mine as a replacement airframe
Where'd ya find a replacement airframe ?
Old May 20, 2012, 02:42 AM
rupert the bear is offline
Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr600f2 View Post
Where'd ya find a replacement airframe ?
If you go to the plane on Tower Hobbies and on the left there is a box 'replacement parts' You have to buy the parts individually and it costs about $10-20 less than the complete plane, but the way i figure it i did not want to use the standard gear anyway (although i am sure it flies very well with it) and i already had a suitable motor and speed controller sitting unused.
I fly mine most times i go to the field, for a relatively small foam plane it has immense presence in the air and it looks and flies like a much larger plane
I look forward to seeing what the corsair is like
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:57 AM
TheLeabres is offline
Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Registered User
TheLeabres's Avatar
Mine just arrived today! Video to post after build and maiden!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar

video


Here's a short video of mine with retracts.

Ron's P 51 (1 min 42 sec)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:30 PM
barnyardflyer is offline
Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
Experienced R/C Repairman
barnyardflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
Here's a short video of mine with retracts.

http://youtu.be/1iCM4zkRrY4
Nice!

Which retracts did you use?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
raz is offline
raz
Find More Posts by raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
raz's Avatar
A few friends and I used these from Hobby King. One trick is to move the wheel opening toward the wings leading edge so the wheel will clear the CF spar.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12883
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:55 PM
cbr600f2 is offline
Find More Posts by cbr600f2
Registered User
cbr600f2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
A few friends and I used these from Hobby King. One trick is to move the wheel opening toward the wings leading edge so the wheel will clear the CF spar.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12883
Hey Raz,

Can you show some pics of your retract install and the fwd placement of the wheels that you mention? How did the installation affect your CG ?

Thanks in advance


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Tower Hobbies P-51 Mustang wileyrc Electric Plane Talk 1277 Nov 07, 2016 09:53 PM
Discussion Tower Hobbies - vs - Horizon Hobbies dlt2859 Hobby Stores 15 Apr 01, 2014 09:37 PM
For Sale Thunder Tiger P-51D Mustang EP OBL duke714 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 10, 2010 11:39 PM