How to FPV: Newbies thread - New Multirotor tuning video - Page 851 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 19, 2017, 07:01 PM
Romania, MH, Portile de Fier 2
Joined Nov 2017
21 Posts
You may take a look at akk"s product.which has a comprehensive fpv products line,and right now constantly roll out new original product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoreno
Hi all,
I was wondering what equipment you would buy without looking about the money...

Goggles
Video Receiver
Antenna
Camera
Etc

It's for a Scale Glider of 6m wingspan... I would like the TOP quality of the image, and also would like the possibility of going very far with the plane... 10-20 kilometer... how can you do that? I'm flying with a JETI Tx.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2017, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinn
Are you interested in testing akk product?
I actually just emailed them to ask if they'd like to send me one of the FX2 Vtxs for a quad I'm putting together to do voltage spike testing... Lots of FPV cameras and Vtxs say they can run off lipo voltage but in the long run end up burning out because of voltage spikes. I intend to test different ones to see which can handle straight 4s lipo voltage. Haven't had a lot of luck getting any of the camera manufacturers to donate cameras for testing tho. They already know they'll burn out as many do... We'll see how it goes. There's some new ones on the market I'm trying to get now.
Nov 22, 2017, 02:13 PM
Noob to FPV here. I am picking up a used Fatshark Focal V2 with wireless head tracking and have a few questions.

1) Can these be connected to a pan/tilt servo camera without requiring use of a radio? I would like to use this for a surface application with a surface radio (ie boat, rock crawler, etc) and/or use this in a plane independent of the channels on my radio.

This video seems to show that it is possible, but I can't seem to replicate how it's done. In particular, I can't seem to find where to buy a receiver that is shown around 1:16 where the servos are connected.

FatShark 5.8ghz Teleporter Series Setup - FPV System For RC Car Project Part 2 (5 min 11 sec)

Note in this video everything is hooked up and working but no radio is required.

FatShark FPV System On Axial Wraith - With Head Tracker (5 min 38 sec)

2) Can this headset do "digital head tracking" such that I do not need a pan/tilt camera with servos? If so, does "digital head tracking" still require channels on a radio?
Dec 15, 2017, 11:21 AM

Issue with pitch

So when ever I throttle up my quad pitches up and to the left and when I bring the throttle down it drops the front down and too the left. I feel as though motor 4 is out of tune with the rest of the motors? Could this be esc desync or something else?
Dec 16, 2017, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedroner
So when ever I throttle up my quad pitches up and to the left and when I bring the throttle down it drops the front down and too the left. I feel as though motor 4 is out of tune with the rest of the motors? Could this be esc desync or something else?
First things first make sure that prop nut is tight on that motor. Anytime you punch the throttle and the quad yaws one way or the other it's usually because that motor or prop isn't turning as fast as the others. Tuning the PIDs will take care of the pitching up when you punch the throttle. Good luck
Dec 18, 2017, 11:30 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedroner
Make sure all throttle end points are adjusted the same in the ESC's. Or it could be the motor is wound differently than the other ones for some reason.
Jan 05, 2018, 08:54 AM

Xk251 fpv setup with fatshark

Hi guys I'm new to the group and fairly new to drones and fpv. I've just gotten a set of teleporter v5 fatshark goggles and i have an xk251 quad. Now my question, the xk251 had a camera port on the bottom and i was wondering if anyone knows if it had its own camera transmitter built in that i can tune the goggles to or do i have to use the transmitter that came with the goggles. I just would rather not weigh it down unnecessarily.
The cam is a fsv 1232 race cam 600 CCD
I made a four pin lead for the outlet on the quad but I'm not getting power when i test it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Last edited by Choco76; Jan 05, 2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
Jan 05, 2018, 01:26 PM

Help with xk251 with fatshark

See above
Last edited by Choco76; Jan 05, 2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Double post
Jan 05, 2018, 01:48 PM
So i did a few more tests and I'm getting 3.5v or so from one wire and about 1.5 from another next to it and then the others are dead when i test those two with voltage together they make 5v which is what i need for power but it doesn't seem right to me.
Jan 24, 2018, 11:32 AM

best long range fpv 50k in europe

Hi I am looking to buy a full long range fpv kit and I found this one is there anything similar that I can buy in Europe?

https://www.fpvmodel.com/50km-long-r...ings_g997.html
Feb 28, 2018, 10:29 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Do you really believe that will go 50 klm with those antennas?
Mar 01, 2018, 09:13 PM
You will need to be very high up & almost constant line of sight to the plane. That or keep the plane up high as it goes farther away.
Apr 18, 2018, 03:19 AM
www.raptrc.com
David for 50 km long range flight you will require antenna tracker with patch antenna and all electronics wiring need's to be redone so as their is minimum noice generated, use ferret rings, low emf capacitors ect
Today, 09:07 AM

Eachine TS832 with Eachine ROTG01

Hello! I am new to fpv. So i am going to build my fpv drone by using TS832 as fpv transmitter and ROTG01 as android reciever because i wants to use my phone as fpv monitor. I am going to use sjcam 5000x elite as my fpv camera. So what do you think will this setup work?

Thank you!

Quick Reply