How to FPV: Newbies thread - New Multirotor tuning video - Page 848 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 19, 2017, 11:53 AM
Hi!

I want to make myself a portable fpv system that I could use on multiple rovers (Easier to learn FPV on the ground when you have fear of heights like myself). I read many tutorials, watched many videos and think I figured out something I can build from parts I already have. It's a pretty basic system (Cam, transmitter and battery) and I mostly need confirmation my wiring is correct and I won't cause a short circuit and fry some of my parts.

The system will be powered by either 2s or 3s lipo batteries with a jst connector.
The battery will be plugged in a 2-Male 1-Female 3 Plugs Connector like this one:
http://www.banggood.com/JST-Plugs-2-...l?rmmds=search
One male connector for the camera. One male connector for the transmitter. One female connector for the battery.

My worry is about the video signal wire. It would be connected directly between the camera and the transmitter without an additional ground wire betweem cam and transmitter.

Would that be safe?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 02:55 PM
Wallop!
Yes gofrux, because they have common ground. If not, it would still be safe but it would simply not work. Without the additional ground wire you also avoid the risk of a ground loop, although that may not be an issue at all because the current draw is normally very low.

Some people use a ground wire (or coax) just for shielding. In that case you simply connect one end and leave the other end open.

Martin
Apr 21, 2017, 03:50 PM
Random Noob Question: How many FPV goggles can be set to observe a single camera before you have problems?

For instance, could one have a dozen people all watch their fpv view of flying (with goggles) without a problem?
Apr 22, 2017, 01:30 AM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgOP
Random Noob Question: How many FPV goggles can be set to observe a single camera before you have problems?

For instance, could one have a dozen people all watch their fpv view of flying (with goggles) without a problem?
Absolutely. Since the goggles function as just a receiver, there is no limit... just as there is no limit to the number of stereos that can tune into a particular station/broadcast.
Apr 22, 2017, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin7182
Yes gofrux, because they have common ground. If not, it would still be safe but it would simply not work. Without the additional ground wire you also avoid the risk of a ground loop, although that may not be an issue at all because the current draw is normally very low.

Some people use a ground wire (or coax) just for shielding. In that case you simply connect one end and leave the other end open.

Martin
Thank you Martin for taking the time to reply. You have been a generous teacher to me.
Apr 22, 2017, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Owl
Absolutely. Since the goggles function as just a receiver, there is no limit... just as there is no limit to the number of stereos that can tune into a particular station/broadcast.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Seems like it could add a lot to the spectating experience at major events.
May 19, 2017, 05:54 PM
Finally got my FPV going on both my h8-mini and my Syma x5c.

I'm inclined to think people who aren't flying something FPV are wasting their time on earth. And those who don't at least give their kids a chance to get into are probably guilty of child abuse.

That's a hyperbolic way to say OMG THIS SOOO FUN!@#@$&$@
May 19, 2017, 07:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help. I bought a Quanum Nova FPV GPS Waypoint QuadCopter and wanted FPV so I bought,

Turnigy HD ActionCam 1080P Full HD Video Camera
5 Inch 800x480 5.8 GHz Little Pilot HD FPV Monitor With Mushroom Antenna And Bracket
Quanum Q58-6 40 Channel FPV Transmitter 600m
Multiwii MWC FC Bluetooth Module Programmer
FPV Live Video A/V Cable for Turnigy Action Cams

Could someone please show me by either a diagram or picture of where to put the wires for the Transmitter and Multiwii. Any help would be greatfull.

Thanks Rod
May 19, 2017, 11:40 PM
I just grabbed my second pair, they are simply too cheap, but work best in open areas
Last edited by rcforlife; May 25, 2017 at 08:33 PM.
May 29, 2017, 07:55 PM
Hi, I have FatShark HD3's. I have an issue with the brightness, and contacted the FatShark support. They told me to ship it to:
Randy Ram
7267 Westhaven Pl,
Rancho Cucamonga
CA 91739
USA .
Does anyone know if this is legitimate. This is the support from fatshark.com. Any help would be appreciated.
Jun 10, 2017, 03:12 PM
One question: Does a dji mavic or phantom can parasit a conventionnal fpv signal?
Two times I crashed because of blackout and each time a stupid guy was flying with his mavic.
But when I scan the band on my goggle I can see anything because his signal is HD
Last edited by Cid156; Jun 10, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
Jul 18, 2017, 05:25 PM
That pizza box flies nice
Hello Alex, 1stThanks for all the info. I am trying to learn to fly FPV with a Mutiplex Twinstar, I'm using a RunCam Swift a tail mounted DragonRider 5.8G 200mw Tx, and Eachine, VRD2 goggles, I used Cat5 ethernet cable to connect my camera to the Tx because I hoped it would cut down on interference, And your Blue Beam RHCP antenna's, the video is great, clear and no glitches. My issue is, a lack of altitude awareness. Should I wait on the fixed wing and mount my gear on my quad? until I gain that skill, or keep trying with the fixed wing.
Last edited by Jeff.1.S; Jul 18, 2017 at 05:53 PM.
Jul 24, 2017, 07:35 AM
Suspended Account
In the finished model I used an amplified microphone instead and didn't have to install a LC-filter because the picture was perfect. I'm sorry if the schematics isn't how a professional would draw it, but it made my install easier anyways.
Aug 23, 2017, 11:41 AM
Fly Low
Hello everyone.

I am looking to get my first FPV setup. There are so many options out there it's hard to find out what fits my needs.

I plan on using 2.4ghz for my radio control so that will be something I need to work around. Also I would like some versatility in it's use. I want to start with airplanes but try the setup with other projects.

Any ideas or guides that I should check out?
Sep 08, 2017, 07:20 AM
I recently bought all the parts I think I need for FPV but when I got to wire them all up, I am not getting any picture on my eachine vr006 goggles.
I am using Eachine TS5828L Micro 5.8G 600mW 40CH Mini FPV Transmitter and this camera
https://www.banggood.com/600TVL-8_0M...-p-984345.html

I have the fpv transmitter plugged into a 2s lipo and my camera into a 1s lipo.
So I only have the yellow video cable running from my transmitter to camera do I need to wire the camera into the 5v output on my transmitter or will the 1s lipo be fine? How many wires need to run from the transmitter to the camera?
Also when I plug my transmitter up to power and turn my goggles on the color of the static gets much more black with lots of purple, blue dots and grey static.
How do I know if it's my camera, transmitter, goggles or my wiring that's the problem?
Thanks,
Very much hope you can help.