How to FPV: Newbies thread - New Multirotor tuning video - Page 847 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 01, 2017, 12:07 PM

Vtx and Rx channels - where am I?!

I've been flying quadcopters for the last few months and finally have all the parts put together for my first FPV setup. I have a pair of fatshark Attitude V3 and a tiny whoop clone . My question is general, and maybe a bit of a no brainer - maybe I'm missing something? I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell what channel my fat sharks are on. They came with a receiver with dip switches to pick the band but other than that there is no way to tell which channel you're on (even the cheap camera on the whoop has led indication to help you guess which band/channel you're on). Do people just set up their VTX on the band and channel they want and then just start flipping the channel switch blindly on their goggles until they see decent video (meaning they found the right channel)? Sorry for the newb question...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2017, 12:35 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1000
Hi,
I have been playing around with quads and helicopters for around a year and having a blast, but now i want my fpv fix with goggles, problem is i wear glasses, anyhow i ordered some quanum cyclops goggles ( in the post ) and need some help/advise with what clover leaf antenna i need for the goggles for better reception.
I have a Eachine EF-01 all in one 25mw 40ch camera/transmitter with a built in clover leaf antenna but don't have a clue what clover leaf antenna to buy for the quanums.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark.
Actually, you would get best results by NOT using the built in rx of the goggles, but use an external one, placed on a tripod about 10 feet above ground with the antenna directly moutned to the rx up there. You could add just the same type of antenna as you use on your quad. This should be ok if you want to fly in close proximity. If you want to fly in greater distances some sort of directional antenna would be best like i.e. a 5 turn helical.

With antennas "on your head" you are quite limitted regarding the receiveing quality as a) the antenna is too close to the ground and b) you moving your head / changeing position will also not help in improving the quality as the antenna will likely not be positioned propperly and c) also the impact of your head and goggles to the antennas nearfield are suboptimal.

HTH

Markus
Feb 07, 2017, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone I'm new here looking for some help with cleanflight on my mac. I have downloaded a VCP driver to connect my FC to my computer and it shows up in cleanflight but when I click "connect" it just say's "failed". I have tried multiple times and unplugged everything etc. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.
Feb 20, 2017, 04:12 AM
Quad User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilj21
Hey everyone I'm new here looking for some help with cleanflight on my mac. I have downloaded a VCP driver to connect my FC to my computer and it shows up in cleanflight but when I click "connect" it just say's "failed". I have tried multiple times and unplugged everything etc. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.
Are you sure Cleanflight is installed on the board? I also have a Mac and sometimes it needs several hits on the connect button.
Feb 25, 2017, 05:55 PM
Guys can i pair eachine ef-01 quad that has 25mW transmitter on fpv cam with these goggles? http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-...-Diversity-FPV-Goggles-with-DVR-Lens-Adjustable-p-1074866.html
Feb 28, 2017, 09:42 PM
Guys, I have the h501s
Only thing is, not sure if I am using the right channel for fpv. Is it risky to fly out and then switch channels midflight? Because I dont want to land each time I try a different channel
Last edited by rcforlife; Mar 06, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
Mar 01, 2017, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalsky
Guys can i pair eachine ef-01 quad that has 25mW transmitter on fpv cam with these goggles? http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-...-Diversity-FPV-Goggles-with-DVR-Lens-Adjustable-p-1074866.html
Yes.

Things checked: Antennas both RHCP
Band/Channel: Both share enough frequencies in common
Mar 04, 2017, 07:23 PM
Jimmy
Help, I'm a total numb with this osd stuff. I have a kingkong 300 from HK, flys great, it has a clean flight board on it. Want to add osd, I have no clue how to set up and wire it. Watched all the videos and info on the net, still lost. BTW, it the mini osd from bamggood.

Thanks for help
Jimmy
Last edited by Jimmy1159; Mar 04, 2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Bc
Mar 05, 2017, 01:00 AM
RC Scrub
I'm new to RC FPV stuff, and by that, I mean that I want to get into it. I'm looking more into doing FPV with off road trucks rather than with a plane, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good starting guide for that? I'd like to, if possible, set up a truck that I could drive through the woods on a trail around a lake. I'm wondering if that's possible, and if so, how to go about setting up a truck with good enough range. Thanks ahead of time
Mar 05, 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebeard
I'm new to RC FPV stuff, and by that, I mean that I want to get into it. I'm looking more into doing FPV with off road trucks rather than with a plane, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good starting guide for that? I'd like to, if possible, set up a truck that I could drive through the woods on a trail around a lake. I'm wondering if that's possible, and if so, how to go about setting up a truck with good enough range. Thanks ahead of time
Get started with one of those All-In-One FPV-cams. I prefer the Quanum Elite combo. Excellent image for the size. They need just a tiny 1S LiPo. Total weight then about 10 grams. No soldering or fancy setup needed. Just plug and play. Just glue it inside your drivers cabin (if its made from plastic). Or glue it on top the cabin or above the front bumper. If you chose a 25 mW AIO then expect about 500 meters of range. At least with a good receiver and good antennas there.

Good luck. FPV is crazy lot of fun!
Mar 10, 2017, 01:30 PM
Sir
Trying to get into FPV, I bought a Quanum Cyclop 2 headset, and a Eachine TX03 NTSC camera. I got the camera and headset both set to the same channel, Band A CH8 5725, but the goggles just show a static screen. What am I missing or not doing right?
Mar 13, 2017, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varekai
Trying to get into FPV, I bought a Quanum Cyclop 2 headset, and a Eachine TX03 NTSC camera. I got the camera and headset both set to the same channel, Band A CH8 5725, but the goggles just show a static screen. What am I missing or not doing right?
I dont know both products. But I had the case where the table how to switch to a certain channel was just wrong. I needed to set the dip-switches different and it was fine. Maybe try to randomly change that as well. Or do the Cyclop have auto-scan? Then try that.
Mar 13, 2017, 12:36 PM
Sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner_deluxe
I dont know both products. But I had the case where the table how to switch to a certain channel was just wrong. I needed to set the dip-switches different and it was fine. Maybe try to randomly change that as well. Or do the Cyclop have auto-scan? Then try that.
Someone helped me, turned out by default the camera's transmitting power is set to 0, had to change it.
Mar 13, 2017, 09:23 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Welp, here goes, I have a series of firsts going into this build. First one being a wing, second being Inav, third, 1.2ghz with ezuhf.

First the equipment:
Craft is a DW mini rainbow 600mm wing.
Ezuhf nano receiver
Getfpv 200mw 1.2ghz micro vtx
Afromini flight controller running inav
2x micro 2.5g digital servos
Not really sure of the ESC, just one of my left overs from a mini quad build
And a dys 1306 3100kv motor swinging whatever prop doesn't burn it up.
Battery, various, will try a 2s 18650 3200mah battery. As well as up to 3s 850mah nanotech.

My biggest question is placement of components. Where would be wise to place each piece that would cause the smallest amount of interferences.

I understand the separation of antennas is huge, especially on the ground station. I that is taken into consideration. Also filters are good, but what can I run that doesn't add a lot of weight? It is a mini wing and every gram counts.
Thanks

Mar 14, 2017, 11:19 AM
Hi to all french speaking guys ,

Check out my channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY3...DdXj22rNvLHVEA

Please Like, Subscribe !

BendaFPV
Last edited by BendaQuad; Mar 14, 2017 at 04:58 PM.