This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Will that camera work with the sunsky 800 mW 1.2 Ghz vTX?

What about with OSD?

Just trying to figure out what effect the 600 TVL might have with some vTX/OSD/Displays.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2012, 10:35 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
hey guys, here is my situation:
looking to set up a short to mid range (maybe 1km) fpv system.
already have camera
budget: preferably under $80
Jun 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
hey guys, here is my situation:
looking to set up a short to mid range (maybe 1km) fpv system.
already have camera
budget: preferably under $80
Have to assume you already have airframe and RC gear, that doesn't leave you with much left after buying a video tx/rx.
If you have 2.4GHz RC, you should use 5.8GHz video, so you will have to make your own circular polarized antennas with that budget.
Also, what about viewing screen/goggles, have them already?

Really need more information then you have provided.
Jun 27, 2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Will that camera work with the sunsky 800 mW 1.2 Ghz vTX?

What about with OSD?

Just trying to figure out what effect the 600 TVL might have with some vTX/OSD/Displays.
Yes it will work. The camera will have no effect on the equipment. You will want to wrap the wires through a torroid about 5 times to reduce its noise level if you are using UHF I would do this regardless of any factors just as CYA.
Jun 28, 2012, 12:14 AM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Thanks Mashton, just ordered one.
Jun 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
I didn't get an answer to my previous post... what 5.8ghz system should i get for around / under $200?

Like i said, i was looking at this but im wondering what else i can get that might be a little better or something
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=309
Jun 28, 2012, 01:41 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Have to assume you already have airframe and RC gear, that doesn't leave you with much left after buying a video tx/rx.
If you have 2.4GHz RC, you should use 5.8GHz video, so you will have to make your own circular polarized antennas with that budget.
Also, what about viewing screen/goggles, have them already?

Really need more information then you have provided.
already have a homemade video hat, have a plane as well. trying to find a tx/rx with around 1-2km range for under $80 (i checked hobbyking, problem is that everything is out of stock.)
Jun 28, 2012, 02:05 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
already have a homemade video hat, have a plane as well. trying to find a tx/rx with around 1-2km range for under $80 (i checked hobbyking, problem is that everything is out of stock.)
The 200mW 5.8GHz tx/rx sold on hobbyking, himodel, foxtech etc is good, I think ~$60.
I don't know how skilled you are with a soldering iron, but making your own cloverleaf and skew planar wheel antennas should get a over 1km range if your setup is done well. 2km might be a stretch with untuned antennas. You will not get 1km on the stock rubber ducky antennas with 5.8GHz.

Remember other stuff you will need to factor into budget, you will need some oddities that may include servo wire, connectors, bits to make filters etc.
Jun 28, 2012, 04:24 AM
Wallop!
Baconflyer, have a look at bare tx/rx airwave modules from www.nghobbies.com

http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....th=1_10_82_131

For around $40 you have a tx/rx combo that performs well. Needs a few external components to solder though.

Martin
Jun 28, 2012, 08:38 AM
Engineer for Christ
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
I didn't get an answer to my previous post... what 5.8ghz system should i get for around / under $200?

Like i said, i was looking at this but im wondering what else i can get that might be a little better or something
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=309
First: FPV is not cheap. Buy cheap, buy twice.

If you only have $200 to spend, save it until you have enough for a good starter set. The camera and the antennas are the most important part of your FPV system. The system you pointed out and anything sold by HobbyKing is going to have junk antennas and camera.

You can build your own antennas following the tutorial in my blog. Even if you make them poorly, they still work incredibly well. The best camera out there is the 600TVL from security camera 2000. It runs about $52 and it is worth every penny.

-Alex
Jun 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Nope. It is SMA
HI,I have received my vtx and I think it's a new design it has rpsma and rx sma
Its a lot bigger without enclosure and no small case
Is it what you use?
I used to mount my last(lost) one on an arm to cool it but its inpssible witch this one!
Jun 28, 2012, 11:04 AM
Engineer for Christ
Thread OP
^That's a very poor video transmitter. I have several I use for testing. You must keep it in the full enclosure or it will burn up. In the 1.2GHz thread, I did a video review of it. I was unimpressed with it an now use the equipment from Future Hobbies and Urban Drones.

-Alex
Jun 28, 2012, 11:23 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
Is there a usable VTx that plays well with 2.4 RC and does NOT require a HAM license? I want to put together a club field friendly plane...VLOS ranges only...

Thanks!
Jun 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Is there a usable VTx that plays well with 2.4 RC and does NOT require a HAM license? I want to put together a club field friendly plane...VLOS ranges only...

Thanks!
Nope. Legally they all require a license.

-Blues
Jun 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
Engineer for Christ
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post

Thanks!
I believe the Iftron 25mW 5.8GHz VTX is FCC licensed and therefore legal as it would fall under part 15.

-Alex

Quick Reply