Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by iflyhawks
Markus,

So I can use for example the "eagle eyes" antenna tracker with lets say the EZosd? How would I transimit the GPS signal back to the antenna tracker if not going trhough the video channel? How do I route it through the audio channel? Do I just hook up the gps signal to the audio channel of my video transmitter?
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by J31968
Just my darn luck... go to order fpv gear and everyone is out of planes. Does anyone know of a place in the USA that sells the bixler or the skysurfer other than RMRC or HK. Or another plane similar to those or a sky walker
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by markus123456
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhawks View Post
Markus,

So I can use for example the "eagle eyes" antenna tracker with lets say the EZosd? How would I transimit the GPS signal back to the antenna tracker if not going trhough the video channel? How do I route it through the audio channel? Do I just hook up the gps signal to the audio channel of my video transmitter?
I don't know the eagle eyes tracker. I have the SkyLark which is SAID to allow this. I am so busy building antennas that I did not even had the time to take a closer look at it. I definately will use it's OSD at first, but I have a similar issue as you have just that I have an RVOSD.

If you haven't bought one yet - ask the support channel of a potential tracker manfuacturer. At this time you also learn how good their support is - eventually another argument to decide between several products.

Markus
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by markus123456
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J31968 View Post
Just my darn luck... go to order fpv gear and everyone is out of planes. Does anyone know of a place in the USA that sells the bixler or the skysurfer other than RMRC or HK. Or another plane similar to those or a sky walker
If the bixler is an option you can also go for an Ez* which should be available virtually everywhere.

M
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:22 PM
Markus are you talking about the Ez Hawk from nitroplanes?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by Bill0
Quote:
Originally Posted by J31968 View Post
Markus are you talking about the Ez Hawk from nitroplanes?

Easy Star.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
yeh I've already looked at the easy star. I don't have enough funds for that right now plus I want ailerons. ....I know I could add ailerons...just the cost difference at the time.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by prelator
FPV Browncoat
The Dynam Hawk Sky is another one like the Bixler and Easy Star. That's what I use. It's sold by Nitroplanes. It comes with ailerons too.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by boxhead530
AMA 965811, FAA FA3MTYYYCK
Re all!
Got a working video cam from dpcav. Tested great to tv, but when I put it to Vtx/vRx to myvu's I am getting a black line moving across screen vertically, slowly....I did not put the cap in yet, I only have 35 v caps. I wanted to test vid cam, filtering comes next, can I use flat disc capitcer? I have can type, but are 35 volts.
The Vtx / vRx is the 10 mW 5.8 ghz from fpvhobby. SPW on vRx, going to put CL on Vtx after I figure out cap and torrid filter, ping pong ball is Vtx/cam pod
I hoped my years of soldering Strain Gage's on space craft would come to something....
I used headphone wires for power and siginel. Lipo 3.7vdc 150mha batt
Ping pong ball on polystriene rods crossed to mQX motor pods.
Battery velcroed to balance Vtx/cam front to back.
VRx is single output so video record will have to wait until next month.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by fltekdiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
You need an LC filter if you plan to run everything off a single battery. If you are using a 2 battery setup, you don't need the filter. Everything else looks perfect. The LEDs will be a lot of fun and won't hurt anything.

-Alex
Thanks Alex! I'll be running 2 lipos for the motor in Paralle, and 1 lipo or 2 for the servo's ( UBEC ) and camera, etc?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by fltekdiver
**** Question **** Why run 2 camera's, one which I ordered the 700VTL, and the other is a Go Pro 2 .

Why not just run everything through the Go Pro 2 ? I'm thinking I have $450.00 just in 2 camera's this way ?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well i just got my feet wet and purchased this sytem. Have my CP and SPW antenna's made. RMRC says they should have the skysurfer back next week. just need to order a LC and a 2.8 lens and I'll be ready to rock.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
has anyone ever tried the solo 1500 or the eaglewing FPV from HK as a FPV platform? Any pros or cons to either?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
nevermind on the eagle wing i just got finished reading the reviews and the solo 1500 looks a little weak. might just have to start building a maxi wing
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by Jcome

First fpv experience

Hi Everyone. Today I flew fpv for the first time. Awesome! BUT... I wanted to ask you guys something.

I am using this setup: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=778

First I gave a ride to my wife, and she reported a lot of interference. That's when I realized that I hadn't attached the antenna to the goggles. But after I attached the antenna, she reported the same amount of interference. When I flew with the goggles, I also saw that interference, which was pretty bad at points. I was flying a circuit of about 200m radius in front of me.

So, my question is whether I screwed up the receiver by using it without the antenna. I know that you can screw up the transmitter by using it without the antenna, but I don't know about the receiver. If I didn't screw it up, why am I getting the same reception with and without the antenna?