This thread is privately moderated by PunkerTFC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 21, 2003, 01:46 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Old school newb
Thread OP

UH-1D Huey Piccolo, RTF $100 - EBAY

It's on ebay, 2 days left, 1 bid, at $100. All of you people who gave me offers now have a chance to get it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3139212206

Alek
Last edited by Mark Wood; Jul 23, 2003 at 11:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2003, 08:36 PM
Old school newb
Thread OP
bump
Jul 21, 2003, 10:44 PM
Trader Rating: 21
A-4 nut!!
What are the dimentions of the huey fuse - just the fuse not the rotor diameter (L, W, H)

thanx
Jul 22, 2003, 07:03 AM
Old school newb
Thread OP
because I'm such a super guy, I took out my laser rangefinding unit, and took these extremely precise measurements:
about 20 inches long
4 1/2ish wide (from skid to skid)
4 1/2ish tall (from bottom of skid to the highest point on the fuse.
Jul 23, 2003, 10:38 AM
Old school newb
Thread OP
bump
Jul 23, 2003, 07:40 PM
Old school newb
Thread OP
bump! Auction's almost over, if you were waiting to bid, now's the time!
Jul 23, 2003, 09:45 PM
Trader Rating: 173
Auction has been canceled????????
Jul 23, 2003, 09:51 PM
Old school newb
Thread OP
yes, I cancelled it because it only got up to $152, i was looking for more like $250. I may re-post it, if I can't find a buyer here.
Jul 23, 2003, 09:59 PM
Trader Rating: 5
PunkerTFC,

You were presenting such a cheap bait on the subject line. Obviously, you had no intention to sell the heli on ebay at $100 but wished someone could have bid it up to your desired price (whatever that price you have in mind). If you had wanted a better price than your latest highest bid, you should have put a reserve price on your auction. Trying to lure people into think you wanted to sell the heli with a no reserve auction starting at $100 and advertising it on the subject line is very misleading at the least.

Obviously, no one should expect to be able to buy it at $100 but since it was a no reserve auction, highest bidder should get it. That's the ebay rule.

>>>It's on ebay, 2 days left, 1 bid, at $100. All of you people who gave me offers now have a chance to get it!<<<
In my opinion, you have no intention of selling the heli at $100 if only one person was bidding at the starting price. You are just using one of the ebay seller policy loopholes for a no cost advertising.
Jul 23, 2003, 10:31 PM
Old school newb
Thread OP
well, I obviously didn't intend to sell it for $100! And I'm not using it as advertising. I didn't put a reserve price because I thought it would at least get $200, but $150 was way less than it's worth. I'm sorry if you think it's dishonest, but I have the right to cancel my auction at any time, even if it's just before it ends. It might not be that fair to the bidders, but it's also not fair for me to have to take a $100 dive on a heli i've only had for a few weeks, for no reason!
Jul 23, 2003, 11:06 PM
Trader Rating: 5
I totally under you do not want to take such a dive on the heli, neither will I in the same situation. That's the reason why ebay has a reserve price option. By not using a reserve price, you are basically telling everyone that you are willing to sell for anything above the starting price. Ebay policy clear states that seller can cancel auction, however, ebay explicitly states that cancelling auction because you do not get your desired price is not permitted. The following is quoted from ebay,

>>>NOTE: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated. <<<

See http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Furthermore, you could have clearly stated your intend of not selling unless up to $200, instead of putting "UH-1D Huey Piccolo, RTF $100" on the subject line.

Yes, I was looking for a heli and yes, I was considering yours and no, I was not one of the bidders on ebay but I had your listing on my watch list.

I am stating all these hoping you can be more straight forward in your future sellings.
Jul 23, 2003, 11:18 PM
Trader Rating: 8
I'm usually not one to (language edited by moderator but I agree, that definitely was some sly Car Salesman tactics you used
Last edited by Mark Wood; Jul 23, 2003 at 11:28 PM.
Jul 23, 2003, 11:30 PM
Trader Rating: 53
characters welcome!
PunkerTFC:

In the future, please note in the thread title when an item is up for auction on EBAY per the forum posting guide at the top of the forum.

Thread closed.

mw

Quick Reply