This thread is privately moderated by GoatZilla, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 13, 2010, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

First flight with GoPro HD

Took my Stryker out for its first flight with the GoPro HD Hero yesterday. The camera was originally purchased for scuba use, but I figured I might as well throw it on a plane as well since it's only 3.3oz and takes pretty good video.

I should really retire this Stryker (it's still my first Stryker frame), but its replacement isn't built yet so it's still going to get some action. This plane is all about the no-frills-get-the-job-done approach.

A couple of still frames from the 1080p video:

AUW of the plane, including camera, is a whopping 12.1oz. It's composed of:

Graupner 6x3 folding prop
GoBrushless Mini-GBx (22T I think)
Phoenix 9 ESC
Spektrum AR6000
3s 450mAH Lipo Pack created from Storm Launcher cells

The camera mount is particularly sophisticated: a rubber band and a carbon tube.

My previous camera mounts have only involved rubber bands, so this is a step up for me.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2010, 01:57 AM
Physics hate's my ideas
Nice stills, seems the camera has a focusing type where the entire shot is in focus not the middle only if you know what I mean.

I also dig the way you mounted the cam, it's not draggy so that's sweet
Dec 14, 2010, 04:31 AM
Thread OP
Thanks.

Technically, those are still frames from a 1080p video.

The GoPro cameras have fixed focus lenses; most of the time people set their cameras into a fixed landscape focus setting for AP.

Quick Reply