Dec 11, 2010, 12:47 PM
Woodoo
Thread OP
Discussion

Micro 3D 22" EPP

Hi Guys,

The winter is here in Budapest, Hungary with the cold weather and snow. My hand freezes out but I would like to continue to fly. So, I built a little EPP airplane with which I can fly, play in the deep garage. This plane is the Micro 3D 22” version. Thanks to Slofly SloperSteve.

Many months ago I have downloaded the plan and the build manual to this plane from the still working Slofly webpage, which doesn’t work since then. I have obtained the needed materials with some difficulties, because, the EPP is not available every day in Budapest. I am not a professional pilot yet, so I still need the EPP. I have tried to build a depron version earlier, but it crashed soon in my hand. I used 8mm EPP to the whole airplane. The glue was UHU Por. It was very simple to use and the gluing is very flexible and fast. I used the UHU Por to the hinges of the aileron, elevator and rudder too. I wanted to make each electronic components be small and light. The motor is a TeraHobby TH-OR2028 1400KV 22g, the propeller is an APC 8x3.8, the ESC is a Dualsky XC0610BA 6g. I did not use connectors between the motor and the ESC. The cables of the motor and ESC were soldered together. Reducing the weight. The RX is a 4 ch Corona RS401II 4.7g. The servos are 2x BlueBird BMS-303 3.7g and 1x HiTech HS-55 8g. The pushrod is made from 1mm metal rod in plastic tube everywhere with curved tip at control arms, which are made of simple plastic. The servos were given small metal screw linkage stoppers to the pushrod connection. The battery is a 360mAh 2S 21g. With these, the take-off weight of the airplane is 165g included the battery too. Also to look good, I painted some simple and easy samples onto the plane.

You can see more photos and videos about this plane and some others on:

my flickr
my blog
my youtube
my friend’s youtube with some my old planes

I welcome your feedback about the finished airplane.
Last edited by Woodoo; Dec 11, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2010, 01:38 PM
Lost but making good time
Woodoo,

Nice work on the Slofly 22". It's a shame the Slofly site had to close it's doors. Sloper Steve started a lot of EPP pilots out with his fine designs. I still have a Modified SuperSlo 30" made from 6mm Epp that I use for hovering practice. There will always be one hanging on my basement wall. It is the first plane I put into the air after a three month winter layoff here in the midwest.

Regards from the USA

Hankg
Last edited by hankg; Dec 11, 2010 at 04:01 PM.
Nov 14, 2018, 04:52 AM
flyin' fool
Bump, indoor season …………………..
Nov 14, 2018, 04:58 AM
flyin' fool
Or, here's a micro Yak55 ………………… https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...03&postcount=3
Sep 01, 2019, 11:28 PM
Built this Slofly micro 22 from plans using 6mm epp. Decided to paint it using Tamiya acrylic paints and it came out pretty well. Powered by a 2206 1900kv motor, gws 8x4 hd prop and 2s 400mah lipo pack. Used 3 5g servos,turnigy 12a esc and a frsky 4ch rx. Flies very well, responsive and flies very sloooooow! Had my son fly it also and was amazed. He even landed it vertically.

Quick Reply