This thread is privately moderated by dalbert02, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 10, 2010, 11:25 AM
K4UAV
Thread OP
Discussion

Coco Cay, The Berry Islands, Bahamas

Here are some pics from Coco Cay, also known as Little Stirrup Cay, one of the Berry Islands in the Bahamas. I was asked to take some aerial pics and vid as part of a surgical transport team for situational awareness. The event was sponsored by Budwieser, ESPN, and Royal Carribean. This was one of my most difficult missions. I had to pack my equipment to survive international flight, being packed on planes, barges, and under hundreds of pounds of medical equipment on trucks. In addition, the winds were blowing 20-25 knots straight on shore, which required a tail wind landing on a 100 foot beach area with the sun directly in my face as the plane came in. Needless to say on my first landing attempt I stalled about 30 feet out over the water at an altitude of 10 feet. Somehow I recovered but there was some significant pucker going on which made the subsequent flights even more nerve racking. No hobby store around for several hundred miles if anything failed! Special thanks goes out to Dr. Michael Nash as he is also a full scale pilot and offered advice, held equipment and help me launch and recover. I think I have him hooked!

CocoCay (Bud Lite Port Paradise) Bahamas FAST Aerial Recon (3 min 49 sec)
Last edited by dalbert02; Oct 08, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2010, 02:16 AM
Physics hate's my ideas
nice shot it's like you're in a commercial airliner

Quick Reply