This thread is privately moderated by mike2663, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 09, 2010, 12:55 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Thread OP
Discussion

Mike's Blog

Have some time so I figured since people stop by here to check me out I'd post a bit of info. First I've been building and flying R/C for about 25 or so years. My main interests are Scale Planes and Helicopters. I've built from plans, kits and also assembled a few ARF's along the way. I enjoy posting here and on other forums and find the exchange of ideas and different personalities I meet along the way vary but the goal is normally the same promoting our sport.

I've seen the good and the bad sides of our sport and am glad the good far outweighs the bad. Anytime you have a group of people together there's always going to be a difference of opinions. That's just life. I serve as the Club contact or Secretary of our club the Horizon City Flyers in El Paso, Texas. We fly 365 days a year here since winter isn't really a factor.

I'll post some of my builds and projects as this blog develops along with some of the events and cool stuff our club promotes such as night flying. One of our members put this together.

Night Flying Mobile (1 min 33 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2010, 09:11 AM
into the wild blue yonder
cool video How does it do the trails? is that camera work or do the planes leave a light trail? either way very cool... never thought of night flying...is it hard to fly at night?...keep up the good work
Dec 11, 2010, 12:35 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Boy
cool video How does it do the trails? is that camera work or do the planes leave a light trail? either way very cool... never thought of night flying...is it hard to fly at night?...keep up the good work
I guess some sort of time lapse photography. Danny (the guy who did that) is really into this type of thing. The biggest issue with night flying is just getting used to the light orientation. We use the Parkzone T-28 with LED lights that plug into the balance tap on the battery. It's such as stable platform. Here are a few pictures of the light set up we use. If you have any questions just let me know. You can also use any 40 size trainer and light sticks but we found this a lot cleaner.
Mike
Last edited by mike2663; Dec 18, 2010 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply