Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Vinnya42
Lifes 2 short, go sloping
Yippee!

How many Planks Planes do I own?

After adding to Pete-O's thread about how many planes we own, I went through all of them and looked at my Moth style Plank planes I have. At the top of the picture are the 56" Bluto and M60 I bought and under them are there homemade children. When I get bored I make extras of my favorate planes and those are the uncovered ones.

I didn't just copy the bluto and M60 but wanted to try my own airfoil and tail design, but as you can see they are all inspired from Dereks designs.

I am liking the 32" Firefly (little moth) that I just built 2 weeks ago it flys great is very agile, if not twitchy...but I like um fast and twitchy, Unlike the 44" firefly I made which flies alot like my M60 only not half as good (I guess those guys a NCFM know how to build them alittle better than me )

Though I would share...send some pics of all your planes too!

vince
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2003, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by Pete-O
Just tape it, it'll fly
Holy crap, Vince! You win!

Pete
Old Jul 19, 2003, 02:08 PM
Pete, this is a case of not enough wind lately (since the awsome weekend a few weeks ago) and not being able to sleep at night.

I seem to be building one a weekend...but now I am going to make spares for my favorites to pass the time

Good luck finding wind this weekend.
Vince
Old Jul 19, 2003, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Wow, if you like to build that much, I could use a plank sloper!
Old Jul 19, 2003, 05:31 PM
It has been suggested, and I cut my wings from a home made bow, and the cuts are not of selling quality...they work but aren't near NCFM.COM quality and every fuselage i shaped differently since I cut it by hand. I also use blue EPS not EPP.

Get a 48" moth from NCFM, for $60 you won't be disappointed

vince
Old Jul 21, 2003, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
I did just that - now I just have to built it!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 05:08 PM
AWSOME... u will love that plane!!

Vince