May 31, 2012, 05:14 PM
ONEHANDRC
Maybe its time to call the Discovery Channel - I smell a new series! RC Hoarders!
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallfer
Maybe its time to call the Discovery Channel - I smell a new series! RC Hoarders!
Oh man, Im thinking there are more serious cases out there, but I have been in many a hobby shop that this lot would put to shame with ease.....

Mendo
May 31, 2012, 07:46 PM
ONEHANDRC
I'm just jealous Mendo! I'd be a kid in the candy store

Gino
May 31, 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
I'm just jealous Mendo! I'd be a kid in the candy store

Gino
I wish I had a semi and a few weeks to load it up.......

Mendo
Jun 03, 2012, 02:03 PM
My second plane was a Global Quality Kits Birdie 40. I build all foam/electric park fliers now. I'm thinking of scaling down a Dirty Birdy or similar plane in Dollar Tree foam. Antone know of such a build?

Chris
Jun 03, 2012, 03:28 PM
I bought and sold a Global Birdie 40 five years back. Wished I didn't now.I like the dollar foam plane idea though.

Jim
Jun 22, 2012, 07:54 AM
ONEHANDRC

ID this one?

Span about 62", Fuse 54". Tricycle retract gear and a .60 size engine. Curare maybe? It's definitely from the seventies -
Jun 22, 2012, 12:16 PM
Looks more like a Wolfgang Matt's Superstar.

Jim
Jun 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
ONEHANDRC
Never heard of that one. Must be odd, thought I would have heard from more people by now.
Jun 22, 2012, 02:06 PM
Gino,

Actually, that was the same design that I thought of too. I'm just not sure about the tail feathers but the fuse and wing look Superstar.

David
Jun 22, 2012, 02:23 PM
ONEHANDRC
Thanks David! Sure looks like it from the photos I've just looked at. Since it appears (cause I haven't seen it in person yet) to have had retracts, must be a later version or iteration. Anyone know if plans are available?

Currently building a Super Kaos Jr. (.40) kit I found on RCG or RCU. Ain't much larger than my dead Tweety Bird.
Jun 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Thanks David! Sure looks like it from the photos I've just looked at. Since it appears (cause I haven't seen it in person yet) to have had retracts, must be a later version or iteration. Anyone know if plans are available?

Currently building a Super Kaos Jr. (.40) kit I found on RCG or RCU. Ain't much larger than my dead Tweety Bird.
tell us more about your transmitter please.

David
Jun 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
ONEHANDRC
Which one David? If fact, I just received another original Proline Comp 6 today.

You talking about the avatar? Cause there's a couple more TXs on my blog.
Last edited by gallfer; Jun 24, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Jul 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
RCM&E published Superstar 1 and 2 plans, I have an old copy of the SS2 plans. There was a SS3 but I don't think it was ever published, SS1 fixed gear, SS2 retracts. SS2 pics in the Trenton Flyers 'Classic planes list'.
Evan, WB #12.
Jul 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Bo Edström, Sweden
Hi gallfer,
I do not think it is a Super Star You have but who knows maybe based on it and modified slightly.

Super Star 1 drawing is avaliable from VTH (Verlag für Technik und Handwerk):
http://shop.vth.de/bauplane-frasteil...uper-star.html
Art. Nr. 3200563
(MT-Bauplan 563)
I have that drawing and it is labeled "Super-Star".
Wolfgang Matt flew Super Star 1 at World Championship 1969 and placed 6th. He used Simprop Digi-5 radio, engine I do not know (but it seems to have been en engine with rear intake carburator, perhaps a Super Tigre G 60 RV-RC or HP 61 R-RC) and no retracts.
Construction article (in German) in FMT (Flug modell-technik) nr 5 May 1970 (I have that constructiion article).
Construction article was also in RCM & E February 1970.

It was also possible to buy a Super Star kit from company "Modellbau Matt & Meier" with glass fuselage or balsa fuselage.

Super Star 2 drawing is available from RCM & E Plans Service (MyHobbyStore):
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/produc...056-super-star

RC1056 SUPER STAR, product code 26983
I have that drawing and it is labeled Super-Star II.
Wolfgang Matt flew Super Star 2 at World Chamionship 1971 and placed second. He used HP 61 F with KÖ silencer, Simprop Alpha 2007/7 radio, Graupner 11x7 prop and KDH (Klaus-Dieter Horn) retracts.

I do not know if it was a construction article in RCM & E on Super Star 2.

Super Star 3, I do not think there was any drawing for but as far as I know Simprop sold Super Star 3 as ready built model with glass fuselage and foam wing+stab. In Simprop catalog 1973 it was advertised as seen in image below. Notice it is "Super Star 3" on the wing. The cost was DM 199.50 in 1975 - it was also in Simprop catalog 1975 and I have pricelist for that. To compare the MK Blue Angel 60 balsa kit had a price tag of DM 250 in same pricelist.
Super Star 3 was flown by Wolfgang Matt at 1973 WC and placed 2nd. He used Simprop Alpha 2007/7 radio and HP 61 F-RC and retracts (maybe still K D H or possibly Simprop retracts).

The main differences between Super Star 1 and 2 is that 2 has not as "sharp" nose area and it has retracts as option. What changes that was made in Super Star 3 compared to 2 I do not know.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Jul 18, 2014 at 07:32 AM.