youre such a wonderful human being Joe

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang
youre such a wonderful human being Joe

thanks
Nah.... just your average Joe who is glad to help.
Jun 25, 2012, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Nah.... just your average Joe who is glad to help.
Thanks bud...Cheers so i pulled the trigger on the F-16 mini. Gonna use the stock Fan from my new F-18 and 900HXT servos perhaps. 30 amp esc and 1300 4s. The next step down I have are the 850's which might do the trick but ....i dont know if theyll last long enough for enjoyment.
Jun 25, 2012, 08:56 PM
Augermeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang
Thanks bud...Cheers so i pulled the trigger on the F-16 mini. Gonna use the stock Fan from my new F-18 and 900HXT servos perhaps. 30 amp esc and 1300 4s. The next step down I have are the 850's which might do the trick but ....i dont know if theyll last long enough for enjoyment.
Tengarang,

Just received the F-16. It's purported to be the fastest of the bunch. One thing is for certain. The cabin is not nearly as forgiving as the T-45. It doesn't even like the stubby, fat, little 850's. I have a thinner 1000 3S and slightly fatter 4S. It's a tight sueeze to say the least. I carved out out the underside of the canopy as an escapement for the wires. Cut out the wall that forms the twin compartments. That helps also. Getting closer but I think I'll still have to hold down the canopy with a little piece of packing tape.

Anxious to maiden. Need to set throws. On initial power-up, the stock throw setup seem very light, maybe 5-6mm. Will lower clevices on elevators to bottom hole and adjust throws on radio with epa.

Let us know how you make out with yours. Love these little birds !

- Hawk
Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
Tengarang,

Just received the F-16. It's purported to be the fastest of the bunch. One thing is for certain. The cabin is not nearly as forgiving as the T-45. It doesn't even like the stubby, fat, little 850's. I have a thinner 1000 3S and slightly fatter 4S. It's a tight sueeze to say the least. I carved out out the underside of the canopy as an escapement for the wires. Cut out the wall that forms the twin compartments. That helps also. Getting closer but I think I'll still have to hold down the canopy with a little piece of packing tape.

Anxious to maiden. Need to set throws. On initial power-up, the stock throw setup seem very light, maybe 5-6mm. Will lower clevices on elevators to bottom hole and adjust throws on radio with epa.

Let us know how you make out with yours. Love these little birds !

- Hawk

Hiya Hawk

Well thank you for all that good info, certain gives me a better idea to make better decision, on the power source. Im definitely going to implement the 4s setup.

I think 5-6 mm should be more than enough...such high wing loading bird!! wont take much to move at all.

Looking at your setup, how realistic do you think 4s with 1300mah would fit with a decent carve job? please list your CG...

Once I get my birds (f-18) and F-16, ill put in some good words once I have learned enough to have an intelligent conversation....currently both of these are on a boat
Jun 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1
I fly one of my Skyangel F-16 planes with Don's wicked 6000 kv Wemo, and use a Nanotech 1600 LiPo in it. The particular battery I found has a long, flat shape that is a perfect snug drop-in fit in the F-16 battery compartment, like it was made for it, and balances just right with no dead weight required (thanks to the heaviness of the Wicked/Wemo on the other end). Photos here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=150
Browser was acting up...sorry didnt get back to you earlier, didnt see your post somehow...appreciate it Herk
Jun 25, 2012, 11:24 PM
Augermeister
I'll let you know how the F-16 works out. Love my T-45 and if the F-16 is half as good, I'll be one happy camper. I adjusted throws already to get a max 10mm elevon throw. Ailerons don't have nearly as much stroke.

On the battery, get the lowest profile(thickness) battery you can find. It's a tight squeeze no matter what. CG appears fine and is close to the manual's rec- 60mm If she's a tad nose heavy, I can deal with that. Tail heavy is bad.

On the T-45 Red Arrows, I had to adjust throws due to the very sluggish roll rate. Flying much better now but it's had more face lifts than Joan Rivers !
I've had an aileron detach in flight and managed to bring her home. Welders glue works well for this repair. Broke the fuse just forward of the intake. 5 min epoxy and she was good as used. Replaced the earth magnets. Going to run her with 4S and see how she performs.

Already thinking about more in the series. T-33 (T-bird) and F9F Panther look pretty good. Iconic airplanes.

Best of luck !

Hawk
Jun 25, 2012, 11:27 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1
I fly one of my Skyangel F-16 planes with Don's wicked 6000 kv Wemo, and use a Nanotech 1600 LiPo in it. The particular battery I found has a long, flat shape that is a perfect snug drop-in fit in the F-16 battery compartment, like it was made for it, and balances just right with no dead weight required (thanks to the heaviness of the Wicked/Wemo on the other end). Photos here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=150
now this has got me thinking....the nanotech 1800's 3s are similarly thin ...do you think theyll fit?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11905

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20429

would you say...given expectancy of slight nose heaviness the 1800mah would fit? Ill put this 6000KV setup wemo wicked on the f-16 kit instead.
Jun 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I'll let you know how the F-16 works out. Love my T-45 and if the F-16 is half as good, I'll be one happy camper. I adjusted throws already to get a max 10mm elevon throw. Ailerons don't have nearly as much stroke.

On the battery, get the lowest profile(thickness) battery you can find. It's a tight squeeze no matter what. CG appears fine and is close to the manual's rec- 60mm If she's a tad nose heavy, I can deal with that. Tail heavy is bad.

On the T-45 Red Arrows, I had to adjust throws due to the very sluggish roll rate. Flying much better now but it's had more face lifts than Joan Rivers !
I've had an aileron detach in flight and managed to bring her home. Welders glue works well for this repair. Broke the fuse just forward of the intake. 5 min epoxy and she was good as used. Replaced the earth magnets. Going to run her with 4S and see how she performs.

Already thinking about more in the series. T-33 (T-bird) and F9F Panther look pretty good. Iconic airplanes.

Best of luck !

Hawk

Good show Hawk....yeah i know how you feel man.....its just a matter of time before the need to collect them all come to reality. In the mean time have fun.....

best of luck

tengarang
Jun 25, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mike
Joe and the rest, what is your opinion of the T-33 and L39? How does it compare to the others in the series?

I've flown the AMX, F-16, T-45, Mirage, F-22, F-35, A6 (hate this) and have an F-18 on the way. I do not want to buy another plane that flies to similarly to the ones above. Appreciate your input. Thanks.
Jun 25, 2012, 11:43 PM
Augermeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre
Joe and the rest, what is your opinion of the T-33 and L39? How does it compare to the others in the series?

I've flown the AMX, F-16, T-45, Mirage, F-22, F-35, A6 (hate this) and have an F-18 on the way. I do not want to buy another plane that flies to similarly to the ones above. Appreciate your input. Thanks.
Mike,

You have quite a squadron of these skyangels. Which one is your favorite? Just curious.

Wish there was a F4J Phantom II. I scratchbuilt a foamie pusher version but a 50mm edf would be cool.
-Hawk
Jun 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
Mike
Quote:
Mike,

You have quite a squadron of these skyangels. Which one is your favorite? Just curious.

Wish there was a F4J Phantom II. I scratchbuilt a foamie pusher version but a 50mm edf would be cool.
-Hawk
I have a few favourites;
F-16 for high speed buzzes and low and slow inverted high alpha.
T-45 harder to launch when stock. I'm not good with underhand and gripping it behind the wings for an overhand toss will risk breaking the stock fan. Works great with the alloy EDF housing. T-45 is a stable plane.
Mirage - draggy airframe. I have to fly at a higher throttle and make wide sweeping turns. Twitchy on the rolls so have to turn down the aileron travel. I think this will probably be hard to fly on the stock power system. Haven't tried it stock and will never do. I am putting the alloy EDF on all my new planes. Despite all this, it is one of my favourites.
F-22 - slightly nose heavy. I needed some tail weight to use a 3S1000. Big wing area so it is slightly floaty. nice to fly inverted as it needed only a small amount of down elevator

I'm neutral on the following planes;
AMX - by the time I got proficient enough to fly EDFs, my AMX was already bashed up. I will be trying this airframe again. Big battery bay like the T-45 and balances nicely for a 4S setup.
F-35 - only flew this stock. Good for some slow and low flight. Big full moving elevators gives it good control authority at lower speeds. quite draggy airframe. The full moving elevators tend to snag the grass on belly landings and my servo usually skips a teeth. can be quite tiring to correct this

I don't like the following planes, but to be fair, I do not own them. I only helped to trim them out for the maiden flight on the stock power system.
A-6
F9F panther - attempted to maiden this but never managed to launch it successfully. quite tricky to hold
Last edited by miketre; Jun 26, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
Jun 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
I have both the T-33 & L39. You should get both . If I had to choose tho... L39. Make sure you put 4s in them.
Jun 26, 2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre

to me, the T-33 is fairly tame, the L-39 is sporty.... both scoot nicely though on 4s. The T-33 feels the largest, and it just might be.
Jun 26, 2012, 10:48 AM
Don't underestimate the T-33, it is very cool looking in the air and there is something about it. It's a 4S must though. Heck, to tell the truth, I have converted my whole fleet to 4S, F18 and F16 included.. Now I only have to carry around Sky Lipo 4S 1000's

Quick Reply