Jan 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejay1
I have a skyangel f22 50mm , inside motor compartment does the esc go on the top or bottom of the plane. Its not clear int he manual
Anywhere on the topside (in case the ESC doesn't fit the molded recess) - that way you minimize airflow blockage.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
Build'm,Fly'm,Crash'm
Paint, custom graphics and some ordnance help the look. Opportunity knocks only so often... The fin and intake checkerboards are the kit's original, saved with tape, the rest is from Callie G.

The LG and doors are purely theatrical. The ordnance will fly with the model, being only grams of foam, plastic and balsa.

Joe
Jan 03, 2012, 07:00 PM
RA-TA-MA-HAT-TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite
Paint, custom graphics and some ordnance help the look. Opportunity knocks only so often... The fin and intake checkerboards are the kit's original, saved with tape, the rest is from Callie G.

The LG and doors are purely theatrical. The ordnance will fly with the model, being only grams of foam, plastic and balsa.

Joe
Superb and scale for a 50mm. If only skyangel/jpower made the a7 more scale like you have by extending the nose.
Jan 03, 2012, 07:02 PM
Not so much the weight but the drag. Let's hear how she flies!
Jan 03, 2012, 07:39 PM
Looks super. Can't wait to hear about the performance.
Jan 03, 2012, 08:48 PM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:

Joe
Truly amazing job!! Is the wing movable or will it be stationary?
Jan 04, 2012, 01:11 AM
Build'm,Fly'm,Crash'm
Thanks gents...next flight will be number 5, a few more mods are ready for testing, them being fixed flaps at neutral, a NACA style cheater hole on the bottom and ordnance.

So far, it's a handful and it likes to deviate from flat flight if speed is not maintained (wing loading is high). The latest set up is promising, but a little more weight and drag has been added. Lucky I have a pilot who is fearless and loves a tough assignment.

Hand launching is the hardest part by far, it must be flung hard and slightly up with flat wings or else. I saw the primer on hand launching these 50mm jobs...they all launch badly if not done by the numbers, with the exception of a couple in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
Truly amazing job!! Is the wing movable or will it be stationary?
At first, it was in the plans, but after some consideration, the landing gear is always out when the red is out and my model is a belly scratcher, so it would look a bit funny without the LG down. The wing is bolted down for flight.

Joe
Jan 04, 2012, 02:27 PM
thanks for the great information on jets.
Jan 04, 2012, 04:34 PM
lud
lud
Making mischief in the air
Quote:

Joe
looks realy realy impressive .. would love to see a video ..
Jan 04, 2012, 05:15 PM
redlite,
Excellent job. I assume the ventral fins survive belly landings well?
Jan 05, 2012, 01:12 PM

F-86 motor wire loose

My motor wire pulled loose on my F-86. Wing glued on with epoxy. debating between pulling out the motor or cut the wing off to get to wire. Has anyone removed motor and replaced?
Bill PTC
Jan 05, 2012, 03:19 PM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPTC
My motor wire pulled loose on my F-86. Wing glued on with epoxy. debating between pulling out the motor or cut the wing off to get to wire. Has anyone removed motor and replaced?
Bill PTC
I really hate it when that happens....to prevent this in the future be sure to tape all connections that are hard to reach...

Do you have to cut off the wing? no other option?
Jan 05, 2012, 04:23 PM
lud
lud
Making mischief in the air
cut the wing off n then make it removable..
Huge number of replacement motor options on the main thread...

still think the std motor on 4s/ 6 blade impellor is hard to beat price wise.. I've got a AEO 50 to put in another model as n when one omces out I like ..

a black mantis 4800KV seems to work ok on the Std shroud / fan
Last edited by lud; Jan 05, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Jan 05, 2012, 04:55 PM
Build'm,Fly'm,Crash'm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
I assume the ventral fins survive belly landings well?
They are foam elevators off a HL MiG as are the faux LG doors that are from the interior ducting off the same MiG carcass. At the moment they are tacked on with CA, pop off when struck. Once the flight trim has been figured out, I was thinking thin ply 'skids' for durability.

Joe
Jan 05, 2012, 11:35 PM
Did not have to do surgery. Was able to pull one end back thru with string and then plug in the wire with long forcep. Because the original connection was under the duct system did not wrap it before gluing the wing.
Bill PTC

Quick Reply