Apr 14, 2013, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
so ............. are u guys still liking the CNHL batteries??? gotta get some and i am done w/ sky lipo's, had another fail today, h/k usa store needs to be restocked , so i am looking around.

am i correct from the usa store CNHL ships free?

tia, chuck.
I bought 2 batteries from cnhl and they were strong at the beginning but I don't seem to have the same power as before. I starting using them March 18, 2013. Either the batteries are losing strength or my motor is wearing out. I paid shipping for my order to Florida it was like $15 bucks if I remember correctly.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2013, 04:49 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
I do not pretend too know much about the Chemistry of lipos
but some months ago I did read several articels in researching
lipos and investing options etc etc ..
my takeaway was altho most lipos are basicly the same there are
small differences and mfg practices that make differences
in life and hardiness of batteries.

perhaps the mfg of these batteries needs to be discovered
or made known so as to put an understanding of these
and their worthyness for our use...

Just FYI

and if someone can add more please do so
Last edited by K9000wner; Apr 14, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
Apr 14, 2013, 08:01 AM
Well for more info here's a whole thread on these batteries and others experiences.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1734415
Apr 14, 2013, 09:43 AM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
Nice scheme abjets!
I am kind of partial to it! Just need to find a skilled airbrusher...I am not there yet
Apr 14, 2013, 12:44 PM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
Well for more info here's a whole thread on these batteries and others experiences.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1734415
thanks! sounds as good as any body else, these days . good thread, posted over there.

chuck.
Apr 14, 2013, 07:52 PM
T-45 question. I have the white version. There are two small foam pats in the missel bag. One white, one black. I figure the white one fits in the small depression , top of fuselage behind the canopy. Where does the black one go?
Tnx
Apr 14, 2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
T-45 question. I have the white version. There are two small foam pats in the missel bag. One white, one black. I figure the white one fits in the small depression , top of fuselage behind the canopy. Where does the black one go?
Tnx
I wondered the same thing but never bothered trying to find out where they belonged. It didn't seem to effect the flying of the model not using them.
Apr 14, 2013, 08:43 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
Tnx
Foam pats? Possibly the antennas? One on the top of the fuselage behind the canopy and the other on top of the fuse in front of the canopy? Haven't received mine yet, but I believe it is the same with the 35mm version. Maybe the photos help...tough to see.
Apr 14, 2013, 11:45 PM
I've used HobbyKing exclusively for batteries so far, and my original cells are over two years old now. All that have been treated well are fine. List of failures:

Rhino 3s 650mAh 20C (30C burst) - one dead cell in two of three packs I bought. Relentlessly flogged past their burst rating they survived ~30 charge cycles. Good value and last well when only run to 20C.

Flightmax 3s 1000mAh 20C (30C burst) - dead cells aplenty and reduced capacity in all packs over 18 months and 20 cycles old. They were also flown hard in pusher-prop jets running 3000kv motors and 4.75x4.75 props. Good value if treated well to 20C max, have ordered more from the new 25C range and zero problems.

Turnigy Nanotech, Turnigy, Flightmax and Rhino cells are all good in my book. They discharge well, give the stated capacity and don't swell. The new Compact range is testing well too, I've got some of the 3s 1500mAh 25C packs and they are discharging strongly and staying balanced very well.

Cheers all - boingk
Apr 15, 2013, 12:33 AM
Talking of nano-techs, I have used 3 of their 4s 850mAh batteries in my HK Rare Bear and after circa 20 cycles they've each dropped a cell. That's not really an impressive strike rate, but they do get a hard time and they're anyway cheap enough to replace. The 3s versions are doing ok (so far), in the 50mm Hawk.
Apr 15, 2013, 12:59 AM
Getting good at foam repair
You need to get the Nanotech 4s 850mah 45-90c pack for the funfighters, the 25-50c packs work quite hard.

Extra $3 for about double the life.
Apr 15, 2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTrain View Post
You need to get the Nanotech 4s 850mah 45-90c pack for the funfighters, the 25-50c packs work quite hard.

Extra $3 for about double the life.
45C are the ones I'm using, hence the reason for not being overly impressed.
Apr 15, 2013, 02:39 AM
Make sure you cycle the things about half a dozen times at low draw and charge rates before throwing them into a speedster like a Funfighter or EDF - they need gradual breaking in much like the old NiCads to get the best out of them.

- boingk
Apr 15, 2013, 05:44 AM

Rx

Anybody use one of these?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Tried the G-force R-10 and it didn't want to bind to my DX8, and I'd like to find a
RX that's Spektrum compatable but not as exspensive as the AR400.
Apr 15, 2013, 05:52 AM
I've replaced my sky 1000 20c lipos for the nano tech 1000 45-90 c, been running a couple in at half throttle on my funfighter ready to use in the jets.

Quick Reply