New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
The new 10 blade 50mm fans are up at RC Castle, $36. I'm sure HK will have'em soon for $29? Looks good, but I remember the first batch of 4S Lander fans that were duds a while back??
Thanks for the info! I placed an order for two right away.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by FireHawx
FireHawx
Please update on the specs you gather, I am currently working on a Habu 2 from the ground up so I will have my 50's on the back-burner. There should be some info up in the new fan by the time I complete the Habu. Any one have any info on a good "chrome/alumi" paint?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by metalguy
always something to learn...
I looked at those 10 blade 50mm fans at r/c castle. I wonder if they will make my f-86 fly? It was a good flyer with the HK 3s alloy fan/motor, but suddenly became so aneimic that it will j-u-s-t not quite even stay aloft! I hate to get a whole new edf just to get this guy to fly! Anyone have ideas for a replacement motor that will fit this unit? I am 3s at present with these birds.-----Metalguy
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by mopetista
are you sure it's the motor (tried it with a different lipo, AND a different ESC)?

checked throttle range? that's the first thing I would reset...

very unlikely that the 3s unit motor would just burn (and then you should smell something ;-)

might be a problem with the connectors not being soldered for good contact (although that usually leads to a stuttering motor because it affects only one of the three phases, not all at the same time)
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by voxel
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
I looked at those 10 blade 50mm fans at r/c castle. I wonder if they will make my f-86 fly? It was a good flyer with the HK 3s alloy fan/motor, but suddenly became so aneimic that it will j-u-s-t not quite even stay aloft! I hate to get a whole new edf just to get this guy to fly! Anyone have ideas for a replacement motor that will fit this unit? I am 3s at present with these birds.-----Metalguy
All my 3s SkyAngels have suffered this. Lipos wearing out, ducting leaking, etc. You hit full throttle and it's barely above stall speed, right?

I'm about to buy a few of those 10-blade 50mm units to try them out. I know they are more like 54mm in size so all jets need a bit of foam love.

EDIT: I'm also done with HobbyKing so ordering from rc-castle is a bonus.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
FireHawx
For thoses that have ordered, how much was shipping from RC Castle?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by voxel
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
For thoses that have ordered, how much was shipping from RC Castle?
$9.80 for 2 50mm units plus a 70mm CS12 fan. Pretty much sales tax for me. Whole lot cheaper than Nitroplanes + Banana Hobby shipping.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:52 PM
FireHawx
Not bad at all..
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by chas650r
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_flyer View Post
over here its -2 and snowing. plus I have to do cosmetic repairs to both my planes.
In other news I contacted RC Lander directly and they were happy to sell me their 3mm adaptors for their 50mm 5-blade alloy fan for $2 each. Their adapters are lighter and deeper than the standard 3mm M5 prop adapters.
do u have any specs on those adapters? could they be used w/ the 6blade drilled out? or maybe used w/ there 5blade if u can get that also, if i remember correct it is not sold rotor only at h/k.

thanks , chuck.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by dahawk47
Augermeister
Voxel,
Have you checked out Don's RC ? He knows what he's doing
- Hawk
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by DonQ8401
Why am I addicted!!!
Anybody have the 50mm Mirage? If you do what are your setups with the elevons? I am trying to set them up properly. I have a awesome Dons setup with it.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by The Don
Park Pilot Mag. Jets Columnist
I posted a photo showing my neutral reflex here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=14
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:19 PM
Why am I addicted!!!
Don once again you come with the info. thnxs
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by voxel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Voxel,
Have you checked out Don's RC ? He knows what he's doing
- Hawk

Yep. Considered his setups for my Evader and Phazer. Wanted to keep my SkyAngels sub-30A and sub-1000mah lipos cause I know belly landers have a finite lifetime in my hangar.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:23 PM
Why am I addicted!!!

My Guy

I should be flying tomorrow.