Thread Tools
Nov 16, 2012, 02:46 AM
Mike
miketre's Avatar
me too. I like the Mig-15 and T-45 enough to buy them both in the 35mm and 50mm series.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2012, 03:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre
me too. I like the Mig-15 and T-45 enough to buy them both in the 35mm and 50mm series.
Only 35 & 50 ?

I have the T-45 and F-18 .. from 35mm to 64mm ... via 50mm ... but for some strange reason ... the T-45 have been always flying (all have their broken nose fixed with glue ... but they fly as good as new) ... while ... my F-18 did crash on maiden ... the F-18 50mm ... it was only radio problem in my life (but I never fix it back , but I have all the spares) ... the F-18 64mm ... got multiple maiden crash, since I did fail all the time hand launch .... the 35mm F-18 ... was bought on spare parts ... but still not build it up

Anyhow ... T-45 in every size is nice ... but ... somehow ... bigger is better

Nov 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
I have had them all! Loved the Mig-15! Especially once I figured that it would take off from the grass...

50mm Mig-15 onboard grass take off with touch and goes (5 min 3 sec)


50mm Mig-15 grass take off and touch n goes (1 min 54 sec)


50mm Mig-15 taking off from grass with touch n go. (1 min 17 sec)
Nov 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
I have had them all! Loved the Mig-15! Especially once I figured that it would take off from the grass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Cu75X9goI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3kpkL02KSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XPmC8eTu8
What size battery are you running?

Brian
Nov 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribtb
What size battery are you running?

Brian
4s 40c 1000mah Sky Lipo pack with 30amp ESC and Himax Fan with 4100kv motor.
Nov 16, 2012, 05:30 PM
check for reversed controls
alpea 41's Avatar
e_Im_70

How bout a T-45 in 90 mm. It's a "top Gun" (same as Fly Fly I think ) My son earned it from Efflux Gary... It has a 6 cell set up and electric retracs We hope to maiden it this Sunday. It is a BIG hunk of foam
Nov 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
Augermeister
dahawk47's Avatar
How not to fly the Katana
[

How not to fly the Katana (0 min 7 sec)


Not off to a good start on this one. Low thrust though I had a new 4S 850mah Nano this time. Also seemed tail heavy. I had the battery against the firewall and the RX out in front . I'll try moving the lipo forward. The 4800kv Don's setup should be fine but I still wonder why there are only 4 blades to the fan.
Last edited by dahawk47; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Nov 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
I don't launch mine at that kind of angle of attack, I put mine out just above the horizon with a firm push.
Nov 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41
e_Im_70

How bout a T-45 in 90 mm. It's a "top Gun" (same as Fly Fly I think ) My son earned it from Efflux Gary... It has a 6 cell set up and electric retracs We hope to maiden it this Sunday. It is a BIG hunk of foam
She looks great Al. I bet James is looking forward to getting that one in the air.
He more than earned it, doing 3 weekend events for us.

I hope you guys post some pics and video in the Renegades thread. I'll look for it there.

........................................

BTW: The Wemotec 50mm microfans and HET 3s and 4s motors for them are on sale through next week.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog May 2017
Nov 16, 2012, 09:10 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
4
Not off to a good start on this one. Low thrust though I had a new 4S 850mah Nano this time. 4
4S 850 to me is to small. The smallest I ever flew on 4S in the Wicked 4800 wemo combo was a 4S 1000 40C lipo, I typically use 4S 1320 30C or 40C in that setup. That lipo may not be giving you full power due to lipo voltage sag, that setup wants to pull ~29 amps on 4S so that is 35C on a 850 mah lipo. But it looks like it was either still a bit tail heavy or the nose was launched too high up and or not hard enough of a throw.

Don
Nov 16, 2012, 10:14 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
4S 850 to me is to small. The smallest I ever flew on 4S in the Wicked 4800 wemo combo was a 4S 1000 40C lipo, I typically use 4S 1320 30C or 40C in that setup. That lipo may not be giving you full power due to lipo voltage sag, that setup wants to pull ~29 amps on 4S so that is 35C on a 850 mah lipo. But it looks like it was either still a bit tail heavy or the nose was launched too high up and or not hard enough of a throw.

Don
glad you posted this...my 50mm T-45 on a 3s 1000mah just seems like it don't have the power to get off the ground ? don't know if i have a bad esc/motor or what. i was thinking of going to a 4s battery to get it flying ? i have the skyangel stock power. i have a new 30a esc to use if i went to 4s
Nov 16, 2012, 10:21 PM
chuck
47 , sorry to see that but i have to tell u , the pilot get the honorable mention for staying on the throttle after , was that a bounce? what a cowboy!

chuck.
Nov 16, 2012, 10:23 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
glad you posted this...my 50mm T-45 on a 3s 1000mah just seems like it don't have the power to get off the ground ? don't know if i have a bad esc/motor or what. i was thinking of going to a 4s battery to get it flying ? i have the skyangel stock power. i have a new 30a esc to use if i went to 4s
Make sure you set the ESC throttle range / end points. Start with the transmitter on and the throttle stick up to the max. Plug the flight battery into the plane and after a couple seconds, reduce the throttle to zero. That sets the throttle range / end points and you're good to go.
Nov 16, 2012, 10:26 PM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
glad you posted this...my 50mm T-45 on a 3s 1000mah just seems like it don't have the power to get off the ground ? don't know if i have a bad esc/motor or what. i was thinking of going to a 4s battery to get it flying ? i have the skyangel stock power. i have a new 30a esc to use if i went to 4s
u do know that the post by the don was referring to a complete different fan/motor combo, correct? while no rocket your setup should work w/ the stock fan and motor.

chuck.
Nov 16, 2012, 11:52 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Make sure you set the ESC throttle range / end points. Start with the transmitter on and the throttle stick up to the max. Plug the flight battery into the plane and after a couple seconds, reduce the throttle to zero. That sets the throttle range / end points and you're good to go.
yes...i did set the esc to recognize the throttle limits. i am using a 3s 1000mah 40c batt. it simply will not take off ?

chas650r....just referred to this as i have noticed some are using a 4s for the stock power

tried hand launching at full throttle......it just belly flops out 40 feet
Last edited by KCinNC; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Adelaide & SA flying & chat #2 Zootster Australia 24000 Today 07:25 AM
Help! Where can I buy Genkem Nova 27 in SA? MegaTesla South Africa 2 May 14, 2011 03:25 PM
Discussion SAL-SA Glider in Gobi dune romanticus Slope 11 Nov 30, 2010 10:40 PM
Question SA 2010-02 Castle ICE 100 "failed cut off" ?? LandCruiser Castle Creations 2 Oct 19, 2010 11:07 PM
T-33 Spring-air minis HW609 Derrek Curtis Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Apr 25, 2001 03:42 PM