Thread Tools
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:50 PM
Ohio AV8TOR is online now
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
Take a look at twisted hobby's crack yak, it is the best flying foamy I have ever flown.
I have not tried the Crack Yak but my 3DHS 330 flys better than the Twisted Xtra Slick. I do hear good things about the Crack Yak however.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:19 AM
maxxnut is offline
Find More Posts by maxxnut
Hoarding balsa is a sickness
I tossed my hard earned $$$ at a new bird called the "Slicko", built it , flew it, liked it and others around me have been ordering them also.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:23 AM
3dhsedge41er is offline
Find More Posts by 3dhsedge41er
Registered User
Bob, it seemed with the surgical tubing that it wasn't as crisp with the throttle so when i lost all the surgical tubing, i tried dental floss wound about ten or twenty times around and it seems faster
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:31 AM
Ryan1325 is offline
Find More Posts by Ryan1325
Registered user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I have not tried the Crack Yak but my 3DHS 330 flys better than the Twisted Xtra Slick. I do hear good things about the Crack Yak however.
Maybe the original extra slick, the updated version is awesome...the entire Twisted lineup has got the EPP profiles on point, even the Edge is outstanding.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:12 PM
keithy4129 is offline
Find More Posts by keithy4129
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1325 View Post
Maybe the original extra slick, the updated version is awesome...the entire Twisted lineup has got the EPP profiles on point, even the Edge is outstanding.
thats what I hear and read.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:37 PM
bob_nj is offline
Find More Posts by bob_nj
Registered User
bob_nj's Avatar
Thanks 3dhsedge41er.
So you just wrap with dental floss and tie off somehow?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
Jeff_edge540 is offline
Find More Posts by Jeff_edge540
Mis-guided heli guy
Jeff_edge540's Avatar
Eta?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Ohio AV8TOR is online now
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_edge540 View Post
Eta?
Can't help you but I am thinking of selling mine painted up as a Slick at the Austin HucktoberFest if you are going

Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:24 PM
3dhsedge41er is offline
Find More Posts by 3dhsedge41er
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj View Post
Thanks 3dhsedge41er.
So you just wrap with dental floss and tie off somehow?
yeah that is what i did sorry for not answering sooner..
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
super_nova is offline
Find More Posts by super_nova
Jason
super_nova's Avatar
Does anyone know of a good place to buy EPP foam that matches what was used on the 33" Extras? Got an old one that really needs some repairs/replacement parts. I would like to match the foam as closely (or an exact match) as possible.

Thanks,
Jason
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:19 AM
Eagle34 is offline
Find More Posts by Eagle34
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
RC Foam #1.3 EPP is pretty close. 9MM if Im not mistaken.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:35 PM
ryan_m is online now
Find More Posts by ryan_m
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
So any word of when (if ever) these are going to be produced again? I thought I remembered someone saying they hoped to have them before Christmas this year again.
Tore mine up in full contact combat last night, and I want another one!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:06 PM
3Daddict is offline
Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
3Daddict's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
So any word of when (if ever) these are going to be produced again? I thought I remembered someone saying they hoped to have them before Christmas this year again.
Tore mine up in full contact combat last night, and I want another one!
I have no clue when they will be back, however you might want to just get a twisted hobby crack yak. It is the best foamy I have ever flown.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
ryan_m is online now
Find More Posts by ryan_m
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
I've flown a crack yak, but I much prefer the 33" Extra. Still have one in good shape, but I'd like a spare.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:12 AM
3Daddict is offline
Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
3Daddict's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I've flown a crack yak, but I much prefer the 33" Extra. Still have one in good shape, but I'd like a spare.
I understand, however it looks like these are not coming back. I love my 3dhs 34'' epp edge, and would love it if they made more.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 3DHS Extra 330 119" crazychris 3D Flying 1319 Nov 11, 2016 04:04 PM
Sold 3DHS 57" Extra 330 SC, RTF, yellow blue version ssflylow Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Oct 30, 2010 11:42 PM
Sold 3DHS 57" Extra 330 SC r/cdawg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Oct 15, 2010 11:32 PM