Dec 01, 2010, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
Help!

how do i program THROTTLE HOLD (airplane) in a DX8

Need help setting up throttle hold for an airplane (electric) in a DX-8. I like the safety factor it offers, if i bump the throttle it's not going to run up the motor before i am ready. thanks
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2010, 07:42 PM
i dont know ,but i pay a attention to it
Dec 01, 2010, 08:02 PM
It's in the manual, page 25. Go to Function List, select Throttle Cut, choose the switch you want to use (Mix is a good one, back upper right) and you're all set.
Dec 02, 2010, 11:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlpenney
It's in the manual, page 25. Go to Function List, select Throttle Cut, choose the switch you want to use (Mix is a good one, back upper right) and you're all set.
I tried doing that, when i flipped the switch for throttle cut (used mix switch) to off it did shut down the throttle,but when i flipped the switch back with the throttle stick all the way down(off) the throttle ran at about 1/8 throttle. Not sure about adjusting the % of throttle. Can you be more specific on the settings. Thanks
Dec 02, 2010, 12:00 PM
I adjust my throttle trim all the way low (commonly required for ESCs).

Then I go to the Thr Cut screen and adjust the percent so that with the throttle & trim low, flipping the switch causes no change. Working from memory, I think that's -30% on the Thr Cut setting.

Andy
Dec 02, 2010, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I adjust my throttle trim all the way low (commonly required for ESCs).

Then I go to the Thr Cut screen and adjust the percent so that with the throttle & trim low, flipping the switch causes no change. Working from memory, I think that's -30% on the Thr Cut setting.

Andy
Thank you very much, that did the trick. It was positive 30%. Sometimes the easy stuff will kick your ass all day long, i had been screwing with this for a couple of days and was worried i would f*&% something up that i couldn't un f*&%...
Dec 02, 2010, 02:40 PM
There's nothing you can't undo in the DX8.

Andy
Dec 02, 2010, 06:35 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
And if you want too you can back the model file on the sd card and so if you make something / changes and it does not work out you can alway go back to the previous file by importing back the model file.
Dec 03, 2010, 11:42 AM
220 221 Whatever it takes
I know they are different but if I have to choose between a DX8 or a JR9503 which would be the best choice? I am leaning towards the JR because of the larger screen. 8 channel or 9 is not an issue with me.

Thanks
Last edited by captdave221; Dec 03, 2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Dec 03, 2010, 12:09 PM
If both radios have all the features you need right now and some you may need in the future and and price is not an issue.

Then head to a hobby shop and hold both radios in your hands and see which one you like best LOOK AND FEEL...
Apr 09, 2011, 12:45 PM
Champagne Supernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor12
I tried doing that, when i flipped the switch for throttle cut (used mix switch) to off it did shut down the throttle,but when i flipped the switch back with the throttle stick all the way down(off) the throttle ran at about 1/8 throttle. Not sure about adjusting the % of throttle. Can you be more specific on the settings. Thanks
The same thing is happening to me right now. It only did on the Corsair during setup and test but I flew some other planes this am and it started doing it to all of them. Im turning it off until theres a fix.

Ok I read Andys fix. I'll have to do that to mine.
Dec 31, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlpenney
I would select "Hold" for the Sw option in the Throttle Cut menu.
Dec 31, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hold is not available in the Throttle Cut Menu in Acro model type.

The switch appears as Mix1 & Mix2 which is the Hold Switch anyways.

PS: I am sure after 8 months since starting this thread the OP found a solution.

Quick Reply