Jul 17, 2003, 08:22 PM
Official Boat Bum

Building a new flying site....

Hi guys, I fly with a large group of people in Reno, NV and we are going through a process with the County to open up a public model airpark that, we hope, would be a great place for electric flyers. Sort of like what many others have done in the past with county or city owned flying parks.

My question is what trials and tribulations have your club gone through to get where you are today, flying site wise if it is a county property? I'm sure there were a lot of pitfalls along the way.

Any ideas would be great. We are currently flying in an loosley organized park that allows us to fly as a group. The trouble is the field is unreliable because of farmers growing hay (making the landing zone terrible), special events blocking it's use, etc. The possible new site is being preliminarily discussed by county and area park officials. We are hoping for the best but at this point we are shooting from the hip. I'll probably go to the AMA for ideas as well.

Thanks-

Ed
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2003, 08:45 PM
AMA 670207
Ed,
I don't have any ideas on how to aquire your new park but I wish you the best in getting it.

We need more airparks!!

Perry

Quick Reply