Nov 29, 2010, 05:10 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Thread OP
Discussion

Raiden Pro vs Easy Glider Pro

I am thinking of trying one of these sailplanes. I am a competent RC pilot and want a 3 axis ship. Both meet that criteria. One or the other could go on my Xmass list.

I was wondering if anyone has both and could compare the two. I understand that the Raiden has flaps which the Easy Glider doesn't. I don't know if I really need flaps. The Radian also seems less expensive by the time you put a power and servo pack in the Easy Glider.

I should mention that I have a fairly small flying area and that the more agile the plane the better. I know planes with big long wings don't roll all that well, but I would be interested to know which of the two is the most aerobatic.

I would also like to know which is the most robust, not that I plan on crashing a lot, but just to know. Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2010, 02:38 PM
Dixie Normious
I dont have either,but have done my research and seems the Radian Pro is better,even though guys are finding flaws etc...but for a entry level Ship and the Price, i am going with the Radian.Just waiting on LHS to get one in..I called and Pre ordered one back on the 6-7th ,and they said they would get the PNP on order for me.I call yesterday and they say the PNP is on BK.Im not sure who their distributor is,but now ill Prob get mine just before xmas.I got a feeling they didn't make the order in the first place.

Alot of guys are saying the Motor in the Pro is smaller then the Original Radian.But HH said it was the same.Guys were expecting the power of " WOT It well roll a loop on launch and hit you in the back of the head'' lol if you dont get some Down ELev in there either by Mix it in or Manually.
Also theres been a few people having warped AIL,which is why ill be taking it out of the box at the LHS before any Funds being transferred.and the Plactic Clips which the Screws go into for the new Wing design has Broke after a hard Spill.All easily fix/Modded.
If your like me and spending under 200 bucks for a foam entry level glider/plane and a avid RC enthusiast,modding any plane well be fun.

I read somewhere on another Site.that they hated the EasyGliderPro said it didn't penetrate the wind and stuff,but sometimes you cant always go on what someone says.
Might be as simple as putting a Heavier Batt in.;0)
have you searched the treads on the 2 of them?
The Radian Pro has 2 of them now...lol
Nov 30, 2010, 05:08 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Thread OP
Thanks for comments. I have read the Raiden Pro thread but have not seen much on the Easy Glider or a head to head comparison. The Raiden definitely costs less as the EZ is $100 bucks for the airframe and you have to add servos, motor, esc. On the other hand the slightly smaller span of the EZ might be a good thing for me and I am not sure I need flaps. I'd really like to know how the two fly. I would like a pretty nimble plane though I know that is not a primary attribute of a sailplane. Anyway, I am hoping someone who has both will chime in, or someone that has the EZ will tell me whether they like it or not. I don't mind doing some mods. Thanks.
Dec 01, 2010, 11:36 AM
Dixie Normious
No Problem.Id say go with the Radian Pro,for the simple fact it comes with everything. Either the BNF or get the PNP ,and just add receiver like im doing.From what ive seen,i think flaps on a glider is the cats A**.she well what too glide forever.With flaps you know shes coming down.As for the reflex and camber i could care less.I have the DX6i and cant wait too get it. ;0)
If you don't want flaps...Have you considered the Original Radian? Theres alot of people who still fly and love her? id wait a few months and let the Price drop seeing now that the new Pro is out.
Dec 01, 2010, 12:26 PM
E-Gliders
cant compare them one has flaps one doesn't. Totally different wings etc.

ezgp will go faster than radian pro and more speedy.
Dec 01, 2010, 01:18 PM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by outngo
cant compare them one has flaps one doesn't. Totally different wings etc.

ezgp will go faster than radian pro and more speedy.
Eh?

Quick Reply