Nov 29, 2010, 10:30 AM
Thread OP
Fly-In

Jan 15, '11, Holiday Dome E-Niter, west of Chicago's O'Hare, Women/Men/Newbie flying

Holiday Dome E-Niter

White Pines Golf Dome, 500 W Jefferson St., Bensenville, IL. 60106

Saturday Night, January 15, 2011.

Doors open 11:15 PM, close 5:00 AM.
Newbies FREE from 4 AM to 6 AM!

All-Night, heated, indoor, RC, electric flight.

Bring your Christmas indoor aircraft for First-Flights, Fun-Fights, and Fun-Races!

1)NEW-Ladies Pilot training, New-Pilot training, New-Plane trimming.
2)NEW-Fly our Buddy-Box to train. Try our Simulator for new pilots.
3)NEW-Signup for AMA card that night. Old 72 MHz radios welcome.
4)NEW-A separate, dedicated, screened-off space for micro-heli’s!
5)NEW-For your “Force” heli’s, we’ll hold a “Force” Combat Box!
6)NEW-Pylon races for differing size planes, along with usual events!
7)NEW- Ultra-Micro Pylon races. Bring any Ultra-Micro T28, Sukhoi, Venom, P51, Champ, Vapor or any similar 1.3 oz. Micro airplanes!
8) NEW-FREE ADMISSION FOR BEGINNER PILOTS FROM 4 AM TIL 6 (SIX) AM. Hours from 5 to 6 AM for newbies only!
Also, battery and aircraft Vendors, $1 Pizza, free coffee/tea/pop/H2O.
Great raffle, Survey raffle-prize, pilot prizes, race prizes, and combat prizes.
Come fly in the 2nd largest golf dome in the USA. 100’ ceiling, 300’ wide, 300’ deep. bigger flying area than E-Fest. Go to SuburbanRCBarnstormer.com for White Pines Golf Course map, directions, E-Niter rules, and details. Vendors and Visitors please contact Stan at [email protected] or 630-654-8476. AMA-only Pilots $15, ALL Spectators $5. Finally, our thanks to Dan at TrueRC.com, Horizon Hobby, and Al's Hobby Shop for their continuing support.
Finally, plan now for Swap-Till-You-Drop on Easter Saturday, 4-23-11 at DuPage County Fair Grounds. See our club site.
Last edited by FRENCHSTAN; Jan 04, 2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Additional features for beginner pilots and THEY ARE FREE 4 TO 6 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2010, 09:39 AM
Any news on the Big Raffle Prize? I hope its another radio.
Dec 07, 2010, 12:55 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Hey, how many DX8s do you think SRCB can afford? Especially if they go to you-know-who. Heh. I was really, really pulling for that thing the last time. My DX7 came up with another FLASH-related error that hangs the radio any time I try to use Model 9, so I still need another radio that doesn't croak at the drop of a pin.
Dec 07, 2010, 05:17 PM
Jeff,

I Will sell you the radio cheap after I win it.

Geek,

Send that radio to Horizon. May fix it for free.
Dec 07, 2010, 07:23 PM
Stamper

Send the Spektrum to Horizon, then buy a Futaba
Dec 09, 2010, 10:10 PM
just Some Useless Geek
This is the same DX7 that went back last time. It had (has?) an apparently marginal connector for the LiPo-Tx patch cord that I made. The way the stoopid DX7 works if there is a brief -- like, measured in tens of milliseconds -- disruption of power then the darn thing tries to write a bunch of data to the FLASH. If the power comes back up before that write cycle completes then the radio trashes a bunch of FLASH data and it goes in the tank.

See my blog for a more complete rant on the shortcomings of DX7 memory management.
Dec 10, 2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper
Jeff,

I Will sell you the radio cheap after I win it.

Geek,

Send that radio to Horizon. May fix it for free.

How many radio you want to seel very low rate?

Last edited by Dino2010; Dec 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
Dec 10, 2010, 09:52 AM
Huh???

J
Dec 10, 2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry Marty, I have had 3 different DX7's and I guess i have been lucky. They do say not to use a fully charged lipo in there. I just charge mine to about 12.0 volts and it still lasts me a few months.
Dec 10, 2010, 11:48 AM
After I seel the radio I will sell to you at a very low rate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino2010
How many radio you want to seel very low rate?
Dec 11, 2010, 12:19 PM
just Some Useless Geek
I put a diode in series with the LiPo for mine so that the fully-charged voltage doesn't exceed 12VDC. However, the real solution is to get one of those nice Dimension Engineering switching regulators and put it in place of the LM7805 or whatever it is (w)Horizon uses for regulation. Then the 12.6VDC of a fully-charged LiPo 3S wouldn't bother the radio one bit.

Hey, Scott, I have been flying a lot more than you in recent months. Remember, up until my mom had her second stroke I had been flying outside every day. With that kind of use my 900 mAH 3S in the radio needed charging every other week or so. I've fallen out of the habit of flying every day, but three times a week at the dome still forces me to charge every three weeks or so.

I am hoping the DX8 cures a lot of these problems so that we can concentrate on flying airplanes instead of worrying about our radio equipment. That would be a nice change.
Jan 04, 2011, 08:49 PM
Thread OP

Holiday E-Niter prize and awards info

We will raffle a new Futaba 7C 2.4 G FASST radio with receiver. Come and get it!

We'll have multiple gift certificates for the contests and some pilot prizes throughout the night.

Also, we are asking people to fill out a survey form about E-Niter.....turn in a completed survey and you have a shot at a R-T-F Horizon Hobby Ultra Micro Champ. You can charge it while you ignore reading the instructions and fly almost immediately.

Many thanks to TrueRC.Com, Al's Hobby Shop in Elmhurst, and Horizon Hobby for their sponsorship of this all-night party. We are all working together on this 75th Anniversary of the AMA to help new pilots learn how to setup, trim, and fly their aircraft. See ya there! Stan Warden
Last edited by FRENCHSTAN; Jan 04, 2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Prize notifications
Jan 05, 2011, 05:15 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Been adding info to the Dome E-Niter page on SRCB, also. Y'all can check it if you so desire.
Jan 05, 2011, 05:04 PM
A Futaba 7C FASST System. Finally a radio I WANT to win.
Jan 15, 2011, 06:43 PM
how much is an ama card? i couldnt get ahold of stan...

Quick Reply