Nov 28, 2010, 08:43 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Thread OP
Discussion

New frame style T-Wii Copter - Maiden flight

Started this one Friday and just maidened it under the cover of darkness. ...and my Element headlights.

It seems to fly great! It's made out of 3/4" Birch ply and I've got the Pulso 2814/22's on there spinning 12x6E props.

-Tim

Maiden of my new style T-Wii (1 min 32 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2010, 09:07 PM
Now that looks very cool Tim. Me likes.

- Jeff
Nov 28, 2010, 10:25 PM
I do too! Dag nab it! I think you could fly a rock!
Nov 28, 2010, 11:26 PM
Frogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by quailbird
I do too! Dag nab it! I think you could fly a rock!
You do realize he essentially is flying a rock. A tri/T/Wii/Y whatever you want to call it flies like a rock when a motor goes out.
Nov 29, 2010, 12:23 AM
Suspended Account
Two days from build to maiden.....WOW!!! Very nice.
Nov 29, 2010, 04:56 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman1206
You do realize he essentially is flying a rock. A tri/T/Wii/Y whatever you want to call it flies like a rock when a motor goes out.
Yep.......Rocks dont G-L-I-D-E....either..
Nov 29, 2010, 10:37 AM
A new day, a new gadget
More like rock solid - Tim that is so sweet. Perfect!
Nov 29, 2010, 12:42 PM
Thread OP

My cat ate the prop...

So, last night after flying in the dark, I came in with the T and placed it on the kitchen floor. 15 minutes later I find my cat chewing on one of the props... So, now I'm hoping my LHS has 12x6E's in stock. It'll be a long shot as this place is a joke.

That said, I took it out this morning and have some vibe issues to deal with. I'm hoping most of this is due to the chewed prop but have a feeling it's the plywood. I've been down this road before and will report back.

-Tim

Daylight test - New T-Frame (0 min 41 sec)
Nov 29, 2010, 12:56 PM
Amazed how stable it is! the vibes I'm sure can be sorted but the all important stability is excellent!

Denham
Nov 29, 2010, 02:19 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Have you heard of something called cat food? Perhaps it hasn't crossed the Atlantic yet, you do tend to trail behind us Works wonders on cats.

Good luck with the vibes.... lovely slow panning by the way
Nov 29, 2010, 03:05 PM
Man... I have my Wii goodies coming! Are you using the Nunchuk option with yours as well?
Nov 29, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Negative Gene. It's just the Wii controller board.

As far as vibes go... I've got too much flex on the front arms. I'm going to cob together a quick brace and see what that does. I like the look and functionality of this frame to give up on it. #2 is already in the works but this time it's being made out of Sitka Spruce.

-Tim
Nov 29, 2010, 04:26 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Tim , FWIW.....on my new plane I found that GWS nylon props have less vibes and are smoother than stiff props like APCe...they are certainly cheap enough to give em a try , the only snag is there isnt a lot of sizes on the bigger ones.......of course chek for balance

Ian

ps , they dont come in Sardine flavour
Nov 29, 2010, 08:18 PM
Looks S W E E T ....Tim man ,you should do some fpv with that .....

Terry..
Nov 29, 2010, 08:46 PM

chewy

Have him chew a little more on the left side of the prop (or you do it if Morris gets finicky) and it should balance out.
Chuck

Quick Reply