Nov 27, 2010, 06:55 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
Thread OP
Help!

msr brick for HZ champ

well im thinking about buy champ part and build a HZ champ out of part .

it is possible to disable msr brick gyro + mix to use it with hobbyzone champ ?
i have a dx6i
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2010, 08:29 PM
I think gyro only use for the tail motor so if you are using this brick for plane it will have no effect
Nov 27, 2010, 08:37 PM
Thread OP
thanks, i just check it an unplug the tail rotor and everything work like normal.
now is another problem, when i move my rudder stick, the elevator servo move a bit, i think it not gonna effect that much but it there a way to cancel that mix out ?
and the built in esc should work with mustang or sukhoi motor right ?
Nov 27, 2010, 10:28 PM
Im not quite sure about the mix, but think if rudder mix to elevator (up a bit) it would be ok. Otherwise you can try to mix in your tx rudder->elevator to compensate that. Reg the motor, yes the msr esc can handle mustang and sukhoi motor as they are same size
Nov 27, 2010, 10:33 PM
Thread OP
Thank you so much.
Nov 28, 2010, 12:06 AM
Does the MSR brick have a 2amp ESC, if not I would go with the clear end bell motor.
TODD
Nov 28, 2010, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
i dont know, i heard people use the msr brick for flying wing but not sure about the champ
Nov 28, 2010, 07:18 PM
The lunatic is on the grass

mSR brick

I used the msr brick and put it in a dumas tiger moth.

The gyro matters nothing since you will not be useing the tail motor as others have said.

But there is some mixing going on between the rudder and elevator.

If you have a DX6i you can program it out....

Also you will use your tx aileron...right stick to control the rudder.

The aileron servo becomes the rudder servo......and the elev is still the elev,this info only applies to the msr brick.

So even though the tail motor is disconnected when you move the left stick right and left it still sends the signal to do the mixing with the elev so in the dr/expo menu i reduced the rudder travel to zero.....mabey not needed but this was my first time figuring out how to get rid of the mix in the msr brick..lol

Check out the pics....set you tx like the pics and your mix should be gone ...but remember...the rudder will now be on the right stick in the position that is normally refered to as aileron...again this only pertains to the msr brick being used to fly a plane.

And one more thing...i am running the 4 site motor and so far so good....the msr motor's pinion is one tooth to few....it will turn the prop but not at a high enough rpm to generate the thrust you need....use a 4 site motor or a mustang motor...they have the longest motor leads and the extra length can help when you doing a custom type of thing.

FWIW...the msr motor can run at 103*f-110*f without trouble.

Ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Nov 28, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Nov 28, 2010, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
thanks you so much Ridgewalker
im planing to use the brick + mustang gear box + motor.
Nov 28, 2010, 10:27 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
No problem.

I have only flew the moth a couple times but i have taxied around the house a bunch while the wind was blowing outside..lol

Hook up the brick outside the plane before you install it to be sure all is working as you like.

I have it running the 4 site motor in a mustang gearbox...get the gearbox/motor combo for the mustang...it's a couple bucks cheaper than buying them seperate.

A plus is that you don't have to plug in the battery and wait for the gyr before you can pick it up like you do wit the msr..lol

By the way....did you have an msr and decide to gut it and do a little experimenting....or did you buy the msr brick just for a plane?

I got bored with the msr inside and outside i have the 120 sr and a few other helis for outside and i had just got the champ and wanted tp build my own....so in place of buying a new brick i stole the msr's brick..lol

If you like building there is a good deal on the PNP 4 site..$80.00....and you get a bunch of parts you can use for a build..a brick...the AR6400L (long throw servos) a couple micro servos used for ailerons...a motor and gearbox...the rudd and elev linkage...many cf rods ect..

The Ar6400/Ar6400L alone is $60.00 and those micro servos are $20.00 each....so see what i mean it's a good deal to get all you need to build your own...just my two cents..lol

Ridgewalker
Nov 28, 2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not lookin to hi-jack StewieRC thread... but i have a question I have BSD kit I used a MCX brick in... my question is, the steps on the throttle channel seem to be to be farther apart then on a AR6400 (meaning going one step up on the MCX throttle seems like 2 steps on ar6400)... make any sense? (no fine tuning?)... man its harder to explain then i thought....lol
Nov 28, 2010, 11:07 PM
Thread OP
@hauntfreaks i dont mind, i may learn something new from your question

@ridgewalker getting bored and part staring to break, all 4 pins holding the canopy is falling off ( glue em back with CA but still didnt really hold that well ) tail motor start to get really weak ( tail doesnt hold ) main motor is getting weak too ( require a lot more throttle to hover ). i dont blame HH since i flight the msr for about 7 hrs so far.

thanks for the tip with 4-site, i might bought the 4 site after i master my HZ champ.

i also love scratch build model,i have some foam plate thats 1mm thick, it look really flimsy.

do people scratch build model ( bulkheads + wing ) with 2 mm and skin it with 1mm ?

Quick Reply