Jul 17, 2003, 11:05 AM
Thread OP

OK you MADE me do it - Aerolock Nemesis

I had a weak moment and broke down and ordered it. You guys can't have all the fun.

I want to start mostly stock. 3 Pico servos, DXA motor, 700 eTechs and solite covering. I want to add landing gear for ROG (just a personal preference). I don't plan on hovering just yet (thus the DXA)!

Here is my question. What mods are you making? I have read the threads and have noted a couple of areas that may need attention, namely:

Fuse flexing
Weak portion of elevator

What mods to you recommend? Anything other tips are appreciated.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2003, 11:33 AM
I would look at beefing up the wing a little. A friend of mine had his fold on him. I think the spars are a little flimsy.
Jul 17, 2003, 12:33 PM
Remember this design was for sub 5 oz flying weight and if you go and put anything on it bigger than an IPS the airframe might not hold up like it was designed for. SO if you plan to add lots of weight to the plane please do beaf up areas you feal need it. This is not to say you cant add or use heavier stuff but please dont expect this tiny model to hold up to abuse put out buy a razor at full power.

Thanks
Mike
Last edited by Mike Hall; Jul 17, 2003 at 12:36 PM.
Jul 17, 2003, 12:38 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Guys....

Mike - I am going with the ips and potentially the m-100 in the future. But I my real goal is to have a light plane that flies well with the stock IPS powering it. I want to keep it at 5.5oz or less with landing gear. I really want a sport plane, not a helicopter - O I mean hovercraft!

Mike
Last edited by pda4you; Jul 17, 2003 at 12:55 PM.
Jul 17, 2003, 01:04 PM
Tres Wright suggested I make the center planks wider on the center rib.
This has paid off dramatically in ease of covering and recovering as well, the wing is very solid. You should check the version 2 nemesis build thread. I think it is only a couple pages long as of yet and gets down to the nitty gritty of what you can do or not do.
This is one heck of a plane. I smashed mine and rebuilt it in about 2 hours. I've gotten crazy with the plane.
I like it!
Jul 17, 2003, 01:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
center planks wider
Sounds like a good idea.....

Yea I have seen the v2 thread. All those threads made me buy it! It seems like many are putting significant power upgrades on the plane, but I am hoping to keep it simple.

What is yours powered with Travo?

Mike
Jul 17, 2003, 01:37 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
I'm one of those abusers that Mike mentioned I posted pics of my mod's here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=nemesis

Mine is holding up quite nicely to the CRAZY power of the Razor with those mod's.

Travis, 2 hours?? Ouch, you must have really cracked it up! What happened?
Jul 17, 2003, 01:58 PM
MKH
MKH

3 channel nemesis?

How do you think the Nemesis would do on aileron/elevator only? I'm thinking of a nice slow backyard flyer, plenty of loops, rolls, and inverted, but no need for spins, hovers, or stallturns. How does this thing turn with aileron only? Is it a pretty coordinated turn, or do you need differential? I'd be looking at IPS power, 2x340 cells, very light weight. Sound OK?
Marcus
Jul 17, 2003, 02:05 PM
Quote:
What is yours powered with Travo?
A DXA with 9x6 prop, but after the rebuild lastnight, my plane weighs 6.2 ozAUW. This is stretching the little birds power. I think I should have used CF tube, instead of rod.

So I started tinkering with an old 300C-D Gear from my Slow Stick. I just put it all together with a 1200 etec. It wants to fly out of my hands after 80 percent throttle. This combo is 7.5 oz AUW, but I had to put the batt on top(wider center plank helps) to get cg right.
I'm itching to try it, but after doing major surgery......

Quote:
Ouch, you must have really cracked it up! What happened?
I was trying to show off for my folks, inverted and outside loops(better than inside)
That's when I made a boo boo and put it straight in. It looked like a bunch of red and yellow toothpicks.
Jul 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Marcus, mine (which is overpowered, and overweight as a result) will turn on ailerons alone, but it does benefit a lot from rudder input. It tends to turn nice and flat with rudder, but loses some altitude on ailerons. If I'm flying below 20', I always use rudder in the turns. I would not want to fly mine without rudder except for an emergency landing maybe! The plane has improved my abilities, I'm getting the hang of using the rudder as second nature. In fact, I keep trying to give my Tiny X rudder now when I'm flying it Hopefully someone with a light (IPS) version can jump in and say what it flies like in that trim.
Jul 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
MKH,
I didn't start using my rudder til yesterday, it flies pretty good aileron/elevator. Turns on a dime and gives you some change
Jul 17, 2003, 02:11 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
==my plane weighs 6.2 ozAUW==

WOAH! That's what mine weighs with the Razor and 3x700's!

==So I started tinkering with an old 300C-D Gear from my Slow Stick==

Just order a Razor and get it over with

==It looked like a bunch of red and yellow toothpicks==

Yikes! Well, glad to hear you got it back together anyway!
Jul 17, 2003, 03:06 PM
MKH
MKH
Thanks, guys! I don't need an overpowered pocket rocket, just an agile plane for the yard. I can always add rudder if needed.
Marcus
Jul 17, 2003, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Tres for the link to the mods you made.

I'm excited should be a great little plane!

Mike
Jul 18, 2003, 01:04 AM
Quote:
OK you MADE me do it - Aerolock Nemesis
I had a weak moment and broke down and ordered it. You guys can't have all the fun
I'm waiting for the postman to bring me mine. Might be awhile, Canadain post office is threating to strike.
Rick

Quick Reply