Dec 05, 2012, 02:34 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX
Good to hear.told you that the polyurethane would make it more slippery,so you might squeeze and extra mile or 2 out of it
I have 4mm eacway on low rates and 6 mm on high rates.with 30/40% expo
Wow, those are short throws! Sounds twitchy. Should I start at neutral trim for the first flight?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 03:51 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector
Wow, those are short throws! Sounds twitchy. Should I start at neutral trim for the first flight?
Short indeed but VERY affective.not at that expo it's very nice.well perfect for me anyway.yes neutral for maiden and hold a slight right on aileron to immidiaty counter the torque
Dec 05, 2012, 06:41 PM
ICrashRCs
My 60 and 40 meant 60 low rate and 40 expo.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:47 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Without reading through the whole thread, what weight range is acceptable? Also, CG is right in front of the holes on the bottom, right? Tested the power system tonight. With a 'right out of the box' battery, I got 408 watts at 30 amps, 13.6 volts.
Dec 07, 2012, 05:47 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Without reading through the whole thread, what weight range is acceptable? Also, CG is right in front of the holes on the bottom, right? Tested the power system tonight. With a 'right out of the box' battery, I got 408 watts at 30 amps, 13.6 volts.
best is to balance in precisely the middle of the fingerholes.
Dec 07, 2012, 10:12 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Don't worry about weight .... she will carry weight OK ... the canopy / battery area will make sure you don't over do it !

Balance point is spec'd for middle of finger holes ... but note that deltas are particularly bad if CoG is back even just a little bit ... so many err on safe side of forward half of finger holes ... some even to the front edge of them. As I say - do not go rear of mid hole !!

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Dec 07, 2012, 03:45 PM
Woa, I havent been in here in a while.......whose got the fastest plane now?
Dec 07, 2012, 03:56 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris.hans
Woa, I havent been in here in a while.......whose got the fastest plane now?
Nigel aka Solentlife still has the fastest!
a few guys trailing him,but;hes still the undefeated champ
Dec 10, 2012, 03:04 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX
Nigel aka Solentlife still has the fastest!
a few guys trailing him,but;hes still the undefeated champ
I do apologise !

Regular repeats of 210kph ....

Twin awaits change of motors as the ones fitted destoyed my 4S LiPo just testing ! Once changed out to the smaller motors - I still expect her to beat my own record.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Dec 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Don't worry about weight .... she will carry weight OK ... the canopy / battery area will make sure you don't over do it !

Balance point is spec'd for middle of finger holes ... but note that deltas are particularly bad if CoG is back even just a little bit ... so many err on safe side of forward half of finger holes ... some even to the front edge of them. As I say - do not go rear of mid hole !!

Nigel
I have found the above advice to be spot on, exactly correct. Thumbs up.
Dec 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife

Nigel
Thanks. I re-balanced to the front of the holes. Now weighing in at 415.4g (14.8oz). Unfortunately a friend was having a look and dropped it (broke off the stabs) so it's back to the paint shop. On a positive note, my power system looks promising. With an APC 5x5 i'm getting 540 watts at 36 amps, 14.1 volts. Not sure if it will be as fast as yours though.
Dec 12, 2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Thanks. I re-balanced to the front of the holes. Now weighing in at 415.4g (14.8oz). Unfortunately a friend was having a look and dropped it (broke off the stabs) so it's back to the paint shop. On a positive note, my power system looks promising. With an APC 5x5 i'm getting 540 watts at 36 amps, 14.1 volts. Not sure if it will be as fast as yours though.
Hi Turbo, What motor are you using?
Dec 12, 2012, 08:33 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
I'm using a Turnigy 2826-6 2200kv.
Dec 16, 2012, 08:04 AM

Just got my parkjet and have started work on the canopy. It was not very well stuck on so I re glued it with gorilla glue.
Dec 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
Hey Turbo - let us know how that motor holds up to 4S and 500 watts. thanks - good luck.

D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor

Specs:
Rpm/V: 2200kv
Shaft: 3.17mm
Voltage: 2S~3S (7.4v to 11.1v)
Weight: 50g
Watts: 342w
Max Current: 34A
ESC: 40A
Suggested Prop: 7x4(2S) ~ 5x5 (3S)
Mounting Hole Bolt Circle: 16mm or 19mm

Quick Reply