Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:14 PM
IFlyRCs is offline
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantos_pt View Post
Hello!

I'am using on my parkjet the turnigy 2632 3400kv on 3s. The speed is about 100 mph and it also can do very fast vertical. I made a video with some pictures of the assembly and some footage of some high speed passages. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRFy...&feature=g-upl

Cheers!
Gonšalo
Nice flying!
Same setup I had except hxt500s and 1000 3s.

You still on stock elevons?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:18 PM
gsantos_pt is offline
Find More Posts by gsantos_pt
Registered User
gsantos_pt's Avatar
Hello!
I added some carbon spars to elevons for make them more rigid. This setup is really nice because the plane still not heavy.
Cheers
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:55 PM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Here in the states we can get every piece of the airframe minus electronics for $60.
Can you get reasonable shipping from HorizonHobbies?
The other good source I use is WholesaleTrains.
They won't ship here and not many shops will, plus freight is quite expensive, if any of you know a shop overthere willing to send over here I might try to arrange a decent order.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:10 PM
m_ark is offline
Find More Posts by m_ark
Gravity sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
They won't ship here and not many shops will, plus freight is quite expensive, if any of you know a shop overthere willing to send over here I might try to arrange a decent order.
Large envelopes aren't too expensive (yet) but as soon as any item is posted in a box it's considered a 'parcel' and minimum shipping rates apply - starting at $50-75 USD for 0.5 pound. (ie, USPS etc)

so there's really no point trying to import something 'on the cheap' ...
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:56 PM
aeromaniac is offline
Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
Large envelopes aren't too expensive (yet) but as soon as any item is posted in a box it's considered a 'parcel' and minimum shipping rates apply - starting at $50-75 USD for 0.5 pound. (ie, USPS etc)

so there's really no point trying to import something 'on the cheap' ...
I didn't know you could get a envelope big enough to fit the fuz in lol.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:16 AM
amba is offline
Find More Posts by amba
Registered User
amba's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantos_pt View Post
Hello!

I'am using on my parkjet the turnigy 2632 3400kv on 3s. The speed is about 100 mph and it also can do very fast vertical. I made a video with some pictures of the assembly and some footage of some high speed passages. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRFy...&feature=g-upl

Cheers!
Gonšalo
Nice review
I noticed you mounted the motor on the stick, did you modify the angle or did you leave it pointing above cg?
Haven't you encountered 'node down' phenomena on hand-launch?

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:26 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantos_pt View Post
Hello!

I'am using on my parkjet the turnigy 2632 3400kv on 3s. The speed is about 100 mph and it also can do very fast vertical.............
Cheers!
Gonšalo
100mph is about the V2 stock set-up capability at WOT ....

With a 3400kv motor - you should be able to go significantly higher than 100mph. My 3700kv on 3S, 4.75x4.75 hits 183 - 195kph which is much higher than the 100mph. On a good day - I can hit over 205kph with a 5x5 prop on it.

I have all parts now to create my twin prop PKJ .... so watch out people !! The Mean Machine is about to appear ....

Nigel
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
m_ark is offline
Find More Posts by m_ark
Gravity sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
100mph is about the V2 stock set-up capability at WOT ....

With a 3400kv motor - you should be able to go significantly higher than 100mph. My 3700kv on 3S, 4.75x4.75 hits 183 - 195kph which is much higher than the 100mph. On a good day - I can hit over 205kph with a 5x5 prop on it.

I have all parts now to create my twin prop PKJ .... so watch out people !! The Mean Machine is about to appear ....

Nigel
...then disappear, quite quickly, after screaming low over the runway.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
...then disappear, quite quickly, after screaming low over the runway.
The adrenaline rush of the over 200kph machines is indescribable ... what do you think with a twin that may even hit the magic 275kph ?

Seriously at 130 - 150kph which a stock machine can do ... stick a 4S in and see the thing go ! That's an experience that tests many ...
Once you get into speed - it's addictive.

I'm building a Depron F16 ... already I've beefed up the central spine fuselage .. have doubled up the rod stiffening on wings and tail ... intention is NOT to stay at the 80mph of the oroginal plans model - but push it well over 100mph.

Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:16 PM
m_ark is offline
Find More Posts by m_ark
Gravity sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The adrenaline rush of the over 200kph machines is indescribable ... what do you think with a twin that may even hit the magic 275kph ?

Seriously at 130 - 150kph which a stock machine can do ... stick a 4S in and see the thing go ! That's an experience that tests many ...
Once you get into speed - it's addictive.

I'm building a Depron F16 ... already I've beefed up the central spine fuselage .. have doubled up the rod stiffening on wings and tail ... intention is NOT to stay at the 80mph of the oroginal plans model - but push it well over 100mph.

twin will surely give you better static thrust low down, but how much prop pitch do you need to get to 275km?
how much static thrust will that kind of prop pitch give on launch?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:37 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
twin will surely give you better static thrust low down, but how much prop pitch do you need to get to 275km?
how much static thrust will that kind of prop pitch give on launch?
Many don't believe you can compare water craft to air .. but in fact fluid dynamics is just that ... the density of the fluid just alters equations.

Watch serious power boats and you see twin set-ups. As boater - I know that a single 250hp motor cannot beat a twin 250hp setup, ie 2 x 125 hp.

There is logic in my madness ... the twin set-up with contra props will remove the demon torque problems of high power.

The pitch speed before losses of a 5x5 prop at the revs I'm looking at is well over 350kph. After losses and as it's a twin giving that extra ... I reckon she can hit it. Even if she doesn't - it will be fun trying.

I'm just surprised that I seem to be only one going for it !

Nigel
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
Jpette is offline
Find More Posts by Jpette
Registered User
Hello Solentlife !

No, you're not alone going wild with this small beast . I am building again my Parkjet with the setup I had before and I hope to get a bit over 210 kph like it did .

like you say, a fast pass at over 200 kph on that plane is quite indecribable .

i don't know how your twin will perform . I thought that a twin would add to the drag and result in poorer performances than a single motor with same level power . D'ont know for sure, this is only what I read in other threads but it"ll be interesting to see how it performs .

What battery are you planning to use ? I still think this is the limiting factor in our system and you"ll need a lot of watts to get over 210 kph .

Good luck and post some pics and more details about motors , props and ESCs you are going to use .
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:10 PM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
The plan is to set the motors into the vertical fins low down with beam mounts. That way the airflow is already split to flow over the fins. Helping avoid the brick-wall of motor mounts ....

The two motors are modest motors ... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=21975

and will have separate ESC's ...

Power will be from 3S initially ... working up to 4S - but motors listing say 3S max. Well - you know what they say about rules !

Prop will be modest contra 4.1's till settled in ... then working up testing till I find the ideal set-up. I guess the 4.5 to 4.75 will be best ... 5x5 will be too much load I reckon.

It's all test bed at moment .... work is intruding into my real sport !

Nigel
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:39 AM
chop stiX is offline
Find More Posts by chop stiX
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
Nigel I have to say.YOUR NUTS hehehehe but I love your idea.I got my Flycat this week which I'll be running on an HK Alloy 50mm fan,so that's my newest project for now,I'm hoping for 200......
Then I want to order a new PJ kit,since I toasted mine fairly badly the other day.not going to go crazy but will have a 70g 3500kv motor on 3s and 4.75x4.75 prop.So I might hit 200 with that setup.will see I guess
post some pics when you have a gap
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:00 AM
solentlife is online now
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Nigel I have to say.YOUR NUTS hehehehe but I love your idea.I got my Flycat this week which I'll be running on an HK Alloy 50mm fan,so that's my newest project for now,I'm hoping for 200......
Then I want to order a new PJ kit,since I toasted mine fairly badly the other day.not going to go crazy but will have a 70g 3500kv motor on 3s and 4.75x4.75 prop.So I might hit 200 with that setup.will see I guess
post some pics when you have a gap
Nuts ? Yeh - I know ..... all the guys I fly with wait to see my latest ... they reckon I'm crazy ! BUT they all stop and watch !!

3500 + 4.75 + 3S ... as long as the ESC and LiPo are capable of the high amps she'll draw ... (similar to mine maybe at ~60A) ... she'll approach the 200kph barrier. I had 193kph on a similar set-up .... once I re-fitted the 5x5 - I was back into the 210kph arena..... but amps draw was horrendous.

Nigel


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby lobby F9F Panther EPO Jet Receiver Ready ARF smasher41 Foamy EDFs 1066 Nov 27, 2016 09:15 AM
Discussion HK AT-6 Texan EPO Plug-n-Fly 29.5" w/s Stuart Warne Electric Warbirds 12 Jun 14, 2011 03:47 AM
For Sale HK Mini-PITTS -- EPO, Brushless, Plug 'n Fly WRXronald Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 04, 2010 11:03 PM
New Product New HK Mini F-16 EDF Fighter Jet / EPO Plug-n-Fly CrashingDutchman Foamy EDFs 13 Jul 02, 2010 12:15 AM
Discussion HK's EPO F-16 WRXronald Foamy EDFs 5 Apr 11, 2010 03:47 PM